Top Speed

Mobius_01

Anybody know what the top speed is supposed to be on the 2006 Honda Accord EX(166 HP). I got it up to around 120 mph but I had to slow down because there was an butthead doing 55 mph in the left lane. I'm one ticket away from a suspended license so I really don't wanna have to do another test. Not to mention most cops around here will have your car impounded if you're going above 95 mph.

This is a question referring to a car with no modifications at all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why? who cares how fast they go wide open. your gonna kill yourself , someone else , or someone elses babies perhaps in that "idiots" car doing 55 mph. loser , get a life and get off the highway. you shouldnt have a license. you wonder why cops are dying to give us car tuners tickets every chance they get. morons like you.

why? who cares how fast they go wide open. your gonna kill yourself , someone else , or someone elses babies perhaps in that "idiots" car doing 55 mph. loser , get a life and get off the highway. you shouldnt have a license. you wonder why cops are dying to give us car tuners tickets every chance they get. morons like you.

+1

lol...how long did it take you to get to 120, 4 days?

who cares about top speed. and obviously you are not the safest driver if your one ticket away from getting your liscense taken away. so do us all a favor and dont drive..ever.

i think 5 speeds redline at somtimething like 150ish, i dunno about 4 speeds, prolly about the same, but i have no idea if you can get there with an accord. the fastest i've gone in my civic is 130 and that was scary as sh1t, front end starts to lift at anything over 120. there where no people, i made sure, and there was a canyon wall on one side of me, and a 10ft devider on the, so don't bitch, i don't do speed runs like that with ppl around.

• 2 weeks later...
i think 5 speeds redline at somtimething like 150ish, i dunno about 4 speeds, prolly about the same, but i have no idea if you can get there with an accord. the fastest i've gone in my civic is 130 and that was scary as sh1t, front end starts to lift at anything over 120. there where no people, i made sure, and there was a canyon wall on one side of me, and a 10ft devider on the, so don't bitch, i don't do speed runs like that with ppl around.

its not a vette, however mine will do 136 mph and i have taken trans am's m3's and every pony that has come my way, if you want to go fast ditch the 4 it aint goin nowhere, besides the qt is the only thing that counts

lol...how long did it take you to get to 120, 4 days?

who cares about top speed. and obviously you are not the safest driver if your one ticket away from getting your liscense taken away. so do us all a favor and dont drive..ever.

you shouldnt talk your car is dead after 100 34k on an imprezia god couldnt justify that its still a subaru can i kick the tire

you shouldnt talk your car is dead after 100 34k on an imprezia god couldnt justify that its still a subaru can i kick the tire

what are you saying? english would be nice

usually thoose cars are electronically controlled to like 139mph-ish I think... Federal Rules

Usually, the higher you go in $$$ the faster you can go... I want to say a Porsche 911 is controlled @ 168mph or so...

Guys, take it from someone who's lost their licence and regained it back... Don't go so fast on the highway... its not worth it...

The fastest I've done was 132mph (pretty fast for a 17yr old lol) in my 99 si which is wrecked now (and no! the accident was not my fault). My accord is more of my everyday car and the most i've pushed it to was 85mph.

My accord is stock and looks stock, but heres my si

99civicsi.jpg

and after it's been wrecked

Image000.jpg

So, you'd rather speed on local roads? I only do those speeds when there is no one in my car and barely anyone else driving out there.

The guy doing 55 mph should have been in the right lane, or one of the middle lanes, not the left lane.

if you wanna speed on the highway, move to europe. dont do it here in the US, there are too many old fat people who can barely see over the wheel and love to cut people off. also, i ride a motorcycle, and its not cool to have people racing around me.

if you wanna speed on the highway, move to europe. dont do it here in the US, there are too many old fat people who can barely see over the wheel and love to cut people off. also, i ride a motorcycle, and its not cool to have people racing around me.

LOL, kinda like that Ford commercial that was going around last year when the guy imports his Ford Shelby to Germany because he couldn't find a speed limit in the US that he liked.

But seriously, how likely is it that they will ever adopt a no-speed limit policy in NY/NYC area?

Anyway, I never drive above 90 mph on the highway but to me, its not worth getting a car and never hitting the top speed with it once.

well, I'm not claiming to not speed. I have a CRX with 360,000 miles on it, and I've done 120mph, so whoever said age matters, it doesn't b/c I take car of my car and keep it in great running condition. But ditto all those that say don't speed, cuz A: Tickets are expensive, and B: your going to hurt yourself or someone else and just piss a lot of people off.

B: your going to hurt yourself or someone else and just piss a lot of people off.

That's crap. There are times when 120mph is safe and others when 20mph is not. It's not speeding that hurts people, but drivers who do not know how to identify what is safe or not.

well ive done about 135 in my accord and it didnt seam to have any trouble still accelerating. I had to slow down because i was coming up one someon in front of me. But fyi there was no one around me the whole time, untill i started slowing down. Its not very dangerous either when u r going fast on the highway as long as you are going completely straight and there is no one around. O, and make sure u dont have tires that could possibly blow, cause if they do u will probably die.

Its not very dangerous either when u r going fast on the highway as long as you are going completely straight and there is no one around. O, and make sure u dont have tires that could possibly blow, cause if they do u will probably die.

I dont want to nit-pick..

But how are you going to start a sentence with "Its not very dangerous" and end it with... "if you do you will probably die..."

Im prettysure that most people dont have tires rated to withstand 130 mph... And even if they did, 130 is deffinity not safe at all... Im sorry

Archived