My build up...

compuvision02

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just "installed" the shift knob I got from Dan, 90IntegraC1, but we shall see if it stays on or not. It wasn't screw on, had those three allen key screws; one was missing, one got stripped, and the other might have gotten stripped thanks to installing at night. I had to "modify" it a little, cut a plastic tube like thing to make it snugger and a little super glue to hold that in place, also a little super glue at the top of the shifter and the "inside of the shift knob to hold it better. It seemed like it fit pretty snug, but it also felt snug with only one of those allen screws for a little bit. It might stay on, but I have a feeling when I get into some faster and harder shifting, bitch is coming off. Anyone know if they sell the inner parts of the screw on shift knobs at hardware stores or something that I could slip inside to make it screw on? Might have to just buy a screw on one or try a couple more ideas. Hooray for rigging!

i'm sure you could go to parkway hardware accross the street from me and get 3 small screws that fit into the mounting holes. I also forgot to give you a part. it's a screw that gets tightened to the bottom of the thread on the shifter, i have 3 sizes to choose from. that's what keeps the shift knob in place, then i also have little rubber things that go inside the shift knob to keep it mounted...

when you go to the hardware store just get the 3 small screws, put them in, and have matt's dad hack them down...if you ever need to get them off just get a wrench. lol nig rig.

The ones I put in are:

B18CYA (Someone around here had that, but no longer has a Civic, but I don't think it is "available" again yet.)

B18CYAH (As close as I could get to it.)

B8BB8B8 (Not very original either, but whatever, works nice to fit with my blur cover.)

I was going to do something along the lines of JDM GSR or some crap, but I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
The ones I put in are:

B18CYA (Someone around here had that, but no longer has a Civic, but I don't think it is "available" again yet.)

B18CYAH (As close as I could get to it.)

B8BB8B8 (Not very original either, but whatever, works nice to fit with my blur cover.)

I was going to do something along the lines of JDM GSR or some crap, but I don't know.

i like that b8b8 one cops are guna have fun with it so are the traffic control cameras if you have them there

i like that b8b8 one cops are guna have fun with it so are the traffic control cameras if you have them there

I also have a blur license plate that when you aren't directly behind it, you can't see a few digits/letters.

Thanks man, just needs a new hood, front bumper, rear bumper and it should be clean as balls for a while. A few dings on the doors and the roof has a little paint fade thanks to an egging incident, but that crap doesnt matter too much, not as major as the other stuff on those parts i want to replace. Then a nice buff.

Archived