Random Thoughts

CRG7

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your ruger is more accurate than the mauser. the mauser is a great gun, but far from the best. newer lines of rifles - especially the weatherby's, are pretty facinating.

i bow hunt, i just bought a diamond victory, got a whisker biscuit quick shot, trophy ridge flatliner, Sims stabelizer, limbsavers - besides the factory installed hush kit, this bow is literally whisper quiet.

its pretty damn fast, smooth draw, and an awesome backwall. i shot the new trykon, and a couple different matthews (switchback and switchback xt) and i was much more impressed with my diamond.

for guns i have... lets see lol.

2 SKS's, 1 AK (not automatic, semi, with larger 7.62/54 rounds, sks obviously shoots 7.62/39)

2 mosin nagants, 1 is a sporterized m44 with lightweight stock, new bolt, awesome scope setup.

the other is a 91/30 that has been refinished and looks like it was just made. spent some $$$ getting it done but WELL worth it.

^that m44 is goddamn accurate

savage 10 .223 that will hit a pop can at 475 yards. one of the best investments i've ever made, AWESOME coyote gun. if you don't own a savage rifle, get one. IMO savage beats out all competition. just personal opinion though.

several 22's. i have a henry lever, but not the golden boy. but favorite is a marlin model 81ts

shotguns - stoeger coach side/side 20 ga., remington 870 wingmaster, mossberg 500 12 ga. mossberg 500 20 ga. stoeger condor over/under, stevens .410 bolt - def. no longer made but stock was refinished by me then using linseed oil to finish off. looks amazing and great rabbit/squirrel gun.

and a mossberg 695 bolt 12 ga. slug gun. absolute BEST slug gun i've EVER shot (and i've shot about all of them). and a beretta 20 ga. semi auto

as you can see i care alot about hunting and guns lol. its cool that there are a few people on here that hunt and shoot.

i'd say hunting and fishing come before anything, especailly cars lol, thats why my lsvtec isn't done yet hahahahahaha.

i've owned a few more rifles and shotguns not mentioned, but have traded them off. the ones above (even out of high dollar models) are the ones i have been most impressed with. its hard for me to part with them so i have them filling up 2 gun cabinets and my closed lol.

rifle hutning for deer here in iowa isn't legal, but i love to shoot rifles. next gun on list is either a ruger mini 14, ar 15, or a panther bull.

actually the 98k mauser action is the tightest locking bolt system ever developed hence why its used still in all gov't and military issued sniping rifles the only downfall to the action itself is the ejection pins go really really fast in them unless you adjust the springs and i +1 on the hunting b4 anything else notion and i have an sks with the war barcode and bayonet as well as the field cleaning kit in the butt that can be set from auto to auto with a pull pin that holds 15shot banana clips and is of course a 7.62x39 im actually looking at an m16 right now from a gun show in pa but the only thing i dont like about the m16's is that there .223 and the fact that they really really lack accuracy simply because of the rolling bullet design used in the there not meant to hit exactly where you aim but where they do hit gets shredded because the tip rolls as it goes in as opposed to just straight spinning like a normal rifle and i know all about the no rifle thing becuase i used to live in jersy and you cant use them there either except for varmint hunting and coyote hunting

I'm guessing you live no where close to a corner store?

there's a corner store 6 floors below me. we call it the corner whore.

actually the 98k mauser action is the tightest locking bolt system ever developed hence why its used still in all gov't and military issued sniping rifles the only downfall to the action itself is the ejection pins go really really fast in them unless you adjust the springs and i +1 on the hunting b4 anything else notion and i have an sks with the war barcode and bayonet as well as the field cleaning kit in the butt that can be set from auto to auto with a pull pin that holds 15shot banana clips and is of course a 7.62x39 im actually looking at an m16 right now from a gun show in pa but the only thing i dont like about the m16's is that there .223 and the fact that they really really lack accuracy simply because of the rolling bullet design used in the there not meant to hit exactly where you aim but where they do hit gets shredded because the tip rolls as it goes in as opposed to just straight spinning like a normal rifle and i know all about the no rifle thing becuase i used to live in jersy and you cant use them there either except for varmint hunting and coyote hunting

I am NOT reading all that.

Archived