Random Thoughts

CRG7

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as far as rifles go i have 2 custom made rifles and 1 non customed i have a 270win with a stainless steel barell ported with a simmons 2mile zoom scope and 98k mauser action (best ever built tightest bolt action most accurate) and custom pin pressed wood stocks

and matching 7mm mag with a springfield armory government issued scope and 98k mauser action but instead of porting it has a detatchable muzzlebreak or silencing unit

and i have a 300winmag ruger model #1

your ruger is more accurate than the mauser. the mauser is a great gun, but far from the best. newer lines of rifles - especially the weatherby's, are pretty facinating.

i bow hunt, i just bought a diamond victory, got a whisker biscuit quick shot, trophy ridge flatliner, Sims stabelizer, limbsavers - besides the factory installed hush kit, this bow is literally whisper quiet.

its pretty damn fast, smooth draw, and an awesome backwall. i shot the new trykon, and a couple different matthews (switchback and switchback xt) and i was much more impressed with my diamond.

for guns i have... lets see lol.

2 SKS's, 1 AK (not automatic, semi, with larger 7.62/54 rounds, sks obviously shoots 7.62/39)

2 mosin nagants, 1 is a sporterized m44 with lightweight stock, new bolt, awesome scope setup.

the other is a 91/30 that has been refinished and looks like it was just made. spent some $$$ getting it done but WELL worth it.

^that m44 is goddamn accurate

savage 10 .223 that will hit a pop can at 475 yards. one of the best investments i've ever made, AWESOME coyote gun. if you don't own a savage rifle, get one. IMO savage beats out all competition. just personal opinion though.

several 22's. i have a henry lever, but not the golden boy. but favorite is a marlin model 81ts

shotguns - stoeger coach side/side 20 ga., remington 870 wingmaster, mossberg 500 12 ga. mossberg 500 20 ga. stoeger condor over/under, stevens .410 bolt - def. no longer made but stock was refinished by me then using linseed oil to finish off. looks amazing and great rabbit/squirrel gun.

and a mossberg 695 bolt 12 ga. slug gun. absolute BEST slug gun i've EVER shot (and i've shot about all of them). and a beretta 20 ga. semi auto

as you can see i care alot about hunting and guns lol. its cool that there are a few people on here that hunt and shoot.

i'd say hunting and fishing come before anything, especailly cars lol, thats why my lsvtec isn't done yet hahahahahaha.

i've owned a few more rifles and shotguns not mentioned, but have traded them off. the ones above (even out of high dollar models) are the ones i have been most impressed with. its hard for me to part with them so i have them filling up 2 gun cabinets and my closed lol.

rifle hutning for deer here in iowa isn't legal, but i love to shoot rifles. next gun on list is either a ruger mini 14, ar 15, or a panther bull.

Archived