chris(pa)

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's official

No 5D replacement

Now I have to wait till Photokina in Sept

BOOOOOO

I remember the CEO of Canon saying the whole EOS line will be updated in 2008.

But normally, Canon usually updates the 1 series bodies every 3 years, and since the 5D was released in '05 and isn't in the consumer class (xxD, xxxD. updated usually every 18 months) it will most likely follow the 3 year update plan also.

is that a hot wheel enzo in the background?

575M

Just got back from shooting, it was sooo awesome. Mostly scantily clad junior/senior girls. Chicks dig cameras. I could really do this for a living.

Now to process all 180 photos. I'll post some as I do them.

575M

Just got back from shooting, it was sooo awesome. Mostly scantily clad junior/senior girls. Chicks dig cameras. I could really do this for a living.

Now to process all 180 photos. I'll post some as I do them.

are you done processing yet? i wanna see.

I'm about 1/3rd done. Here's some that I finished so far. I'll post more later.

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

I'm surprised at how well my camera does at ISO 1600. But still, I needs a 5D.

They're not DONE done, I'm just setting the WB, brightness, and converting from RAW now. Then I'll put the ones I want to send through Photoshop and be really done.

Red eye? Unheard of! It's my flash reflection I guess.

The third one in the first set (of 3), and the last two seem to be a tad underexposed on my monitor. You might try bumping the exposure a little on the raw file and see how that does. It's mainly because of the black everybody is wearing, but a slight bump might bring more detail in their suits. Also what, shutter speed were you using? Was it a hot shoe flash or built in? Were you in full manual.

In full manual I would have kicked the shutter speed a little faster so the background would be about 1 stop less exposed than the subject to give them more pop. It looks the opposite, like the subject is about 1/2 - 1 stop less exposed than the background.

Great pictures though, and always nice to get paid for shooting.

Edit: One last thing....why were you shooting at ISO 1600 with flash. Flash is what exposes the subject and the camera will expose the background, so there would be no need to shoot at such a high ISO. You'd never see camera shake in the background exposure since it will be blurred from shooting f2.8. ISO 1600 only makes since if you are using built in flash instead of a hot shoe flash.

Yeah they are kinda underexposed, it was hard to nail the exposures right because the lighting was basically the same to a church, plus it was at night so I wasn't getting any natural light through the windows to help.

I shot high ISO with flash to keep the shutter speeds up while keeping my aperture around f/2 - f/2.8 for subject isolation, and it was in full manual. For most flash shots I kept the shutter speed around 1/200 - 1/100. I bounced all shots off the ceiling, just for a better light source than all the tungsten church-like lamps. Thanks for the advice though, this was really my first time shooting in such conditions, so next time I should know better of what to expect.

More pics coming soon.

Sounds like the lighting was pretty crappy and looks like really high ceilings to boot. Really good job though, especially for the bad conditions. Exposure is close, so you could easily fix it with raw editing.

By the way, I really love the picture of the guy with the cigar.

Still converting stuff from RAW, I've been busy with math for the past 3 hours, and still have to read for philosophy and business ethics. Here's one more for now. Still needs more work.

IMG_0192.jpg

I changed the color balance and desaturated the red shirt in the background.

Does this look any better/worse?

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Now that I look at it here, it looks too blue. :glare:

No offense, but Sup's version looks much better. Did you use a gel on your flash (I never have, but heard they're helpful). What type of lighting was the ambient?, florescent or incandescent?

Archived