Why Are Integras So Popular?

Killuminatic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Integras are played out? I'm one of two people in my entire neighborhood with one. And it's also probably one of (maybe) five MAX, GS-R models in my entire city. They're stylish and they are Acuras. Sporty, fast, reliable, it's a good car. But played out? Not where I live :crazy:

they aren't played out around here either...i see more camaro's, firebirds, and even more corvettes than i see integras.

i agree with u..plus when and if u want to hookthem up it iseasy and u dont see many like that either

Well, they are pretty popular here along with the Civics. Not surprising coming from Southern California. But still, you also got to consider that the 94 Integra styling lasted for 8 YEARS! That's two times the normal Honda cycle for a model. Given that it was a popular car, I'm not surprised there are many Integras out there.

Ever since 95-96 Integras been played out, but even now people still get, and look for them. Why?

hmmm old people like it cuz its pretty fast and econamical(sp?)

kids like it cuz they say it looks the riciest(sp?) of all honda

racers like it cuz, what hondacivic said, has the potential(sp?) as a civic

i like it cuz itsa(sp?) average car

my cousin likes it cuz he gotta 97 gsr for $3000, who wouldnnt(sp?) like it for that price !!

teenyboppers(sp?) dont know sh*t bout integra, they only like it cuz it say TYPE-R sooo soo cool :glare:

sorrie bout mai spellin' ... :laugh::laugh:

an integra is likea..... like a.. average asian boy rice car, really it is!! even if they buy the gs.. theyd say opps, i wanted the type r, so then they get the type r emblem and type r kit and type r rims and they say its a type r.... damn those spoiled dumb teeny boppers!! grrrr also they are commonly in cali and there FOBS!!~!! and they may have a HUGE ACURA or TYPE-R sticker on there windshield....

sorry bout goin off topic...

an integra is likea..... like a.. average asian boy rice car, really it is!! even if they buy the gs.. theyd say opps, i wanted the type r, so then they get the type r emblem and type r kit and type r rims and they say its a type r.... damn those spoiled dumb teeny boppers!! grrrr also they are commonly in cali and there FOBS!!~!! and they may have a HUGE ACURA or TYPE-R sticker on there windshield....

sorry bout goin off topic...

what type of car is in your sig picture vt?

Those are Nissan Silvias. One's a S13 and the other is a S14. In the States, they are known as 240SX.

the one on the left is an RPS13 Type X (180sx) and the right is a S14 Kouki (?sp).

They are popular because you can get lots of aftermarket parts for them and they are cheap, but they ARE NOT fast.

i totally agree, if there wasnt alot of aftermarket parts, most of them really really cheap, then integra's wouldnt be half as popular as they are. and i agree for the most part they are not fast.

Fast is in the eye of the beholder. If you are used to Vipers, Skylines and Supras, of course an Integra will not be fast. :p A 13 second car here will probably spank anything on the main strip. I guess it's different around here.

They are popular because you can get lots of aftermarket parts for them and they are cheap, but they ARE NOT fast.

oh man...yet another FALSE statement from ssr. they aren't fast if you compare them to vipers (as darksaint said) but they are fast if you compare them to car's in its class. the car runs a full 1.5 seconds faster than mine in the quarter, and we're in the same class. 1.5 seconds is a lot of time.

they're fast, and they look good.

Fast is relative to the car you are comparing to. Another fact. Jeez, I'm just so full of these lately.

15's in the quarter is NOT fast, yeah it may be fast to a metro which i dont think could make it to the end of a quarter mile, but still a metro isnt supposed to be fast. sure some integras may be quick, but i really dont see it as being fast, to get them to be fast you have to invest a LOT of money into it.

i'm not the one saying integras are fast.

Nah, you are just saying they are slow. Stock to stock, an Integra has an edge over most sport compact cars if not all compact cars. I would race an F16 Fighter Jet, but damn, I'm so far away from the closest military base to test it. This is the same discussion as "Is an RL a luxury car or not". Survey says... "Yes".

This discussion is stale already. bleh

Archived