Why Are Integras So Popular?

Killuminatic

Nah, you are just saying they are slow

nah i never said they are slow, just not fast.

Stock to stock, an Integra has an edge over most sport compact cars if not all compact cars

how exactly is that? just because the GOOD cars in its class havent yet landed stateside. unless you want to count crapsubishi eclipses which yeah you can kinda guess my take on.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey moron, why don't you have a look whats in my garage before you say I don't have a car. An Integra is not fast. Since you want to compare to sport compacts, a WRX is in the same price range, it's not fast either. A WRX is quick, something that an Integra isn't.

Hey moron, why don't you have a look whats in my garage before you say I don't have a car.

I said worthy car. Funny how the English language works.

The poll on cardomain is ass old anyway, I don't even really update it or change anything. Besides, it's just a poll. You are really grabbing for straws now. You should stop now to save face. Your idle banter bores me, your comments are unintelligent and generally not witty, your attitude is uncouth and quite frankly, you talk too much crap. You could at least PRETEND to be a decent individual, instead you comment on every thread I've seen with something negative or abusive. I do sound a little hypocritical right now, but this is you we are talking about, so I don't feel all that guilty.

Funny how I'm pulling the engine in my 90 Integra this weekend and putting a GSR head and CTR pistons in it. It will be even more crapty after I get the flywheel and LSD on it.

I don't care if you don't like the way I act, read my signature and get a fast car.

Hey, I'm 16 and don't want to be an old fart too soon.

Thanks, it will be fun. This is the first car that I get to build in my garage now that all of my tools have been moved into there and my moms car isn't in there for the winter anymore.

I might buy a 94 Integra as a car to build/mess around with once I get my S2000 so I will have something to frive when the S is having surgery...

Nothing big, GSR head with Skunk2 cams, titanium rods, JE 12:1 pistons, RC Engineering injectors, HKS fuel pump, Toda individual throttle bodies, JDM ITR final drive, flywheel, LSD, you know, little stuff.

EDIT: Would that be a good drive during surgery/nighttime warrior car?

huh.gif' alt=':huh:'> OK KID untill I see one shred ONE FKN SHRED of proof of any of the BS you talk. DONT TALK!! HOWS THAT i hear all this chatter about build this i drive my moms caddie now you have a magic integra from the abyss hmm sounds like someone needs to get rid of the third grade imagination and come here to the real world I want a list of cars that ....STOCK run faster than an integra GSR .......I cant wait for this

SnU

I want a list of cars that ....STOCK run faster than an integra GSR

1. wrx

2. lancer evo 1-8

3. wrx sti

4. s13, s14, s15 silvia's

5. 180sx, rps13 type x

6. civic type r

7. mr-s

8. celica gt-s

9. crapsubishi eclipse gs-t, gs-x

10. lotus elise

11. subaru Legacy b4 blitzen

12. audi A4

13. mr-2

14. 350z

15. is300

and the list goes on... besides the obvious fact that any supercar/exotic could flat stomp it, most "luxury" cars could too.

I might buy a 94 Integra as a car to build/mess around with once I get my S2000 so I will have something to frive when the S is having surgery...

Nothing big, GSR head with Skunk2 cams, titanium rods, JE 12:1 pistons, RC Engineering injectors, HKS fuel pump, Toda individual throttle bodies, JDM ITR final drive, flywheel, LSD, you know, little stuff.

EDIT: Would that be a good drive during surgery/nighttime warrior car?

hahahaha here we go again skunk cams are garbage and titanium rods are no where near nessasary for a minor NA setup at the very most i would get a set of eagle hbeam rods.

:o In the words of SSrx7 Doesnt that list seem a little ricey... and you are trying to compare very expensive cars to an integra for price and reliability the integras got it.

why would you try to compare them to non stateside cars ........

Integra-10,000$ ...every car on that list Alot more im not sure you could find one competitivly priced.

lotus - thats not over priced huh

350z-BRAND NEW NISSAN huh you cant compare a 350z to an acura integra if you wanna be outlandish on your prices compare those to an acura NSX hmmmm.. 350z top of the line acura NSX top of the line

apples and oranges

now try and come out with a list that for sport compacts ...STATESIDE...dont try and list a viper or a vette overpriced is not the key

also make a list of the cars that a Integra GSR can beat hope you dont get writers cramp :)

just a question what kinda car you sporting and can you post a pic (silvia) nothin rude just want to know

SnU

and you are trying to compare very expensive cars to an integra for price and reliability the integras got it.

you never said anything about price.

why would you try to compare them to non stateside cars ........

since i think that was my original argument? the real cars in its class arent stateside.

Integra-10,000$ ...every car on that list Alot more im not sure you could find one competitivly priced.

a lot here? yea you cant find alot of the cars on a lot HERE period. go to japan where the REAL cars are, and then tell me you cant find a sti for less then 10k.

lotus - thats not over priced 

once again you said nothing about price, you said and i quote:

I want a list of cars that ....STOCK run faster than an integra GSR

and i gave you a list.

350z-BRAND NEW NISSAN  you cant compare a 350z to an acura integra if you wanna be outlandish on your prices compare those to an acura NSX hmmmm.. 350z top of the line acura NSX top of the line

you're kidding right? a 350z is not the top of the line nissan. i'm sure by now even you have heard of the nissan skyline, but why go that far, lets compare the nsx to the stagea autech rs2600. price wise its no comparison, it runs a faster quarter, its got the same hp, it probably doesnt handle as well, but a nsx handles like its on rails so not much can compare there. and... oh yeah, seating capacity, a nsx seats 2, stagea autech 260? oh yeah 5 comfortably.

now try and come out with a list that for sport compacts ...STATESIDE

as ive said before, all the GOOD cars in its class arent sold stateside, maybe thats why its so popular.

instead of doing an innovative swap like putting a wrx or sti turbo on a much cheaper 2.5rs, or a sr20det into a much cheaper 240sx, people go with the teg, not because its in the same class as those 2 cars (i can vouge for that) but because its more convienent. now that the sti and lancers are going to be available stateside, and yes they are in its class, and yes they will kick its lil 2.0 n/a ass all over town, the rsx (integra) will not be as popular, however this probably wont happen for a while since most people doing cars arent going to want to buy a brand new car, and those that do, wont know to break it in.

just a question what kinda car you sporting and can you post a pic (silvia) nothin rude just want to know

yeah np its a 95 240sx with a 97 sr20det. dont have pics yet, gonna clean her up this weekend and use my friends digi camera to take a few pics, hopefully the weathers ok if not might be a few weaks.

how many people can actually afford to go to japan thats an expensive tripin itself. Did you go to japan? How many people here on this site have even been to japan? ....

Price is everything the world revolves on money!

Yes i know the skyline is out there but im talking here I cant go to any of the must be 20 nissan dealers around here and you wont find one skyline you listed the 350z its a 30,000$ car his integra is like 10k cmon now thats quite a bite for a second in the 1\4

if he where to buy a integra for 10k and then spend the additional 20k+ to match prices his integra would walk on any skyline supra ect.

Nice Ride on the 240sx did you do your own swap?

Im not trying to nit pick just sick of that kid flood flaming everyones posts. It gets old.

I agree japan has a nice barage of nice cars for the right price but how many people are going to go to japan to get a car ?

SnU

Not to bring this thread back to life, because I want it to die soon...

But what smokenyou is requesting from you, Silvia, is a list of cars that you would see on a normal AMERICAN street corner. Most people don't give two craps and a giggle about how much better cars are in Japan, because they'll never own one and probably never race one. Stateside, 350z is the top of the line Nissan. Japan side, it's the Skyline. This will change eventually, yes. I just know that in the United States Sports Compact Cars, the Integra isn't a lagger. :)

my only real point is that you cant really compare one car that, here in america, doesnt have any real competition. the only way to fairly compare it is to compare it to cars that are in its class and it just so happens none or very few of those cars are available in america. as for the 350z, the lower models are in the same price range as the type s rsx. you can have cars imorted and if they have an equivelent car sold here then its a little easier to get it registered but its still a lot of effort. and nah i didnt do the swap, i had a local shop do it, i dont have time to do that kinda stuff unfortunately...

list of stateside cars...

1. mr2

2. 1st or 2nd gen crapsubishi eclipse gs-t, gs-x

3. rx7 2nd gen or if you can find a cheap one 3rd gen

4. 300zx

5. mkiii supra

6. celica all-trac

7. z28

8. trans-am

9. cobra stang unfortunately

10. 2.5 rs impreza

good enough?

You forgot the Neon SRT-4, Cavalier Z24, Bettle Turbo S, GTI VR6, Mazdaspeed Protoge....

I don't have to show you proof, it's sitting in my garage, you will se pics when it is finished.

If I build it, I'm using titanium rods because they are stronger and lighter. Skunk2 is just a choice, if you want to pick at how I'm going to build every car, then why don't you just build you own damn cars.

Ok your telling me that you dont have one friend with a digi cmon do you live under a rock? I have a Digital and I sure as hell am not looking to spend $$$ on a s2000 Im sure I will see a picture about the same time I see A pic of the s2k huh.gif' alt=':huh:'>

(The list is good) but the SRT4 isnt out yet,its not an import,cavalier z24 15.5 in the1/4 terrible top end.

and its a chevy my friends z24's manifold just blew and detached itself from the car and he babies that thing. The VW bug is just that a BUG. The protoge is made to compete with your S2000 (well not yours yet)

The reason I want some proof is because you talk some mad crap for a 16year old kid. And the rabies shots you talked about arnt that bad I got bit in the face back in the day and had them all around my face and ear ...plus we just made them pay the medical bills. (BUT its all good)

Look foward to some pictures SSrx7 the cameras are pretty cheap these days under a 100$ for a decent one.

Digital pics suck. You will see some pics once I take and scan them, I never said the rabies shots are bad, I said the immuno-globins are bad.

You never said import, you said scc.

Archived