What system is in your ride

in my explorer i am currently redoing the system. the last system was:

four 15" Orion XTR subwoofers powered by an Audiobahn A275HC amp.  

four Pioneer 6X8's powered by the headunit

two Audiobahn 5.25" midbass in the kickpanels powered by another Audiobahn A275HC

two Audiobahn 1" silk dome tweeters mounted in the dash powed by the same amp.

my daytona is now gutted because it is a race only car. but he last system that was in it was:

one Orion HCCA 12" sub powered by Orion HCCA 250 G4 amp

Fusion 6.5" components powered by Orion cobalt 150.2 amp

my mazda 626 is still in the planning stages

the new system for the explorer will take a while because i have a lot of rewiring to do and i need to add a 200 amp alternator.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently, my Honda is fully stock :(

When I had my BMW, I had my old Sony Head powering up front a pair of Eclipses 4x6 and in the trunk, 2 10's with an old amp.  Don't know the brand on the 10's or the Amp.  I may have had some cheap Kenwood 6x9's in the back seats also but I can't remember if I hooked them up or not.  Unfortunatly, when I sold the BMW, I let my CD Player go with it as it was real old and didn't play burned CD's.

Before the Beemer, I had an old Integra.  It had my Sony head unit in it before the BMW and had a pair of Infinity Kappa's 6 1/2's up front and old sony speakers in the rear.

I would so love to put a nice system in my Honda.  It will be a while till I can afford to do that.

Well I still have the stock head unit but that's only because the disc changer I have will only work with it(damn you honda and your proprietary parts)  interior speakers are still stock but I am changing that soon, trying to figure out what to put in there... I have a pair of fosgate punch 12's powered by a jbl 600 in a bandpass box

future plans for a dvd unit or ps2 in there when the prices come down.

I used to have the Orion XTRs but I blew the voice coils cuz my JBL amp(i guess) wasn't pushing enough power to them so they are just sitting in the closet nwo

• 1 month later...

hi people..  my audio set up in my car consist of:

alpine head unit cda 7864, image dynamic components (soon to be diamond audios), 2 12" rf dvc's, and a rf 800a2 amp.  it hits pretty hard but my car rattles like a mofo!!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Im the poor guy around here  :(  

on my Si Hatch i have a beat up pioneer head unit (that i bought used) pushing 2

5-1/4 " speakers in the front and two 6x9 in the rear that I took out of a 2k1 civic, it dont really matter to me anyways my car is soo loud that the only thing I hear is my engine  :D  :D  :D  Thats the only song I hear.

currently, 2 jl W0's, 2 premiere 6x9 3ways, plus the stock ex premiere sound 6 1'2s 6x9's and tweets, kenwood kdc x917 comp deck, premere 300 watt amp, majestic iso class d 300 watt amp, 1 farad LA bold cap, 4 guage wiring, 14k gold Tiff dist blocks, and little frills on the side

was: same setup only with Audiobahn AWT12x Titanium comp sub(2000 Watt RMS subS) Clarion class d 1000 watt pushing that, and the other 2 amps were on highs, now ones on highs, one on the JL's

previous car(89 corolla wagon(myself and a team member 70+hrs of custom work)):

back of wagon:Pioneer gold 3 way 6x9s, same deck, 2 rockford 8's, 2 audiobahn 12's, 2 motorolla tweeters custom enclosure in black leather, frosted and etched plexi with blue and purple neons, Power Acoustik 1000watt Apache Series, 2 Majestic Iso 300 watt amps, 1 farad cap, 14k gold tiff blocks and rockford fuses.

front:

MBQ 4 1/2 components, power acoustik tweets, and the 917 deck

all installs done by me.........but now its about the whole car(show and go)so i've decreased the system

• 6 months later...

ok here goes mine i have now and the one im getting

now:

Alpine HU

2 10" Pioneer 400 Watt Subs

2 4x6 Pioneer 200 Watt Front

2 5" Round Pioneer 200 Watt Door Speakers

1 600 Watt JENSEN Amp for Subs

future:

Alpine HU

4 12" JL Subs

2 Crossfire 1200 Watt Amps for Subs

2 6x9 Rear Speakers

2 4x6 Front Speakers

2 5" Round Door Speakers

2 Alpine 1000 Watt Amps for Front Speakers and 6x9s

mike, i like your future list better! not saying your current list sucks but you know? so uh... 4 12w7's?!?!?! :o:o:o

vtec, those 12" type r's aint no joke foo.. those crap can hit, for real!! so your speaker box has a built in tweeter??? hmmm thats new to me... oh and 2400 watt amp is plenty power to push your 2 12's...and your tweeters. crap, with that much power, get you one more type r!! you'll be bumpin for real!! make sure you dynamat your crap b/c it will rattle! fo shizzle my nizzle :laugh:

my current set up:

Eclipse 55430 head unit

RS Audio base components (run off of the 600.4 bridged0

Blaupunkt 6.5 rear fill (deck powered)

Rockford fosgate 600.4 to the components

2 Planet audio Vector D amplifiers

2 DD 3512 subwoofers in a 9.3 cubic foot box built by yours truly

Future set up:

same head unit

same components and amp

2 RE 35-1D amplifiers

2 RE 12" XXX subwoofers (possibly DD 9512's, not decided yet)

stuff you don't see includes the layers upon layers of Dynamat extreme, 0awg power and ground wire, and second battery

i have only 1 battery, car battery and i think thats enough. i was going to get me a optima yellow cap but my friend got fired from there LOL otherwise, i would have gotten free optimas :D how do you know when you'll need a battery for just your stereo?? when your lights dim on each beat??

Guest that1chrisguy

!!! !!! !!! I'm not smart guy when it comes to systems, but rule of thumb says...

THE BIGGER THE BOX, AND THE BIGGER THE PORT, THE BIGGER THE SOUND. NO MATTER HOW MANY SUBS.

!!! !!! !!!

:crazy: quote that one from me! !!! !!!

!!! !!! !!! I'm not smart guy when it comes to systems, but rule of thumb says...

THE BIGGER THE BOX, AND THE BIGGER THE PORT, THE BIGGER THE SOUND. NO MATTER HOW MANY SUBS.

!!! !!! !!!

:crazy: quote that one from me! !!! !!!

i quoted it. however, its not necessarily true. but i don't know jack about systems either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived