crv block anybody?

LAtuning

I just wanted to see what I could run. kind of depressing that I ran a 16.08 and couldn't even break into 15's. I almost beat a brand new mustang too. (v6) a sc rsx type s was there running mid-high 14's, and a lot of other cars that should have run a fair ammount quicker. but at least it gave me a basic starting point to work from so yea, I think it was worth it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A mechanic at a tuning shop said he would build me a circut car to run at Willow Springs Ca. My engine-a B20 from the CRV. Starting around 210hp & 285flbs of torque and throw on a gsr head for the v-tech, a full stroker kit, either crower or type-r cams and he said it would put me at around 350-400hp about $6,500 to $7,000. Not including all my suspension. Right now I have the D15b(sohc non v-tech 106hp). I live in Palmdale, Ca home of Los Angeles County Raceway(LACR). Wed. and Fri. nights $20 from 5:30-10:00pm as many times as you can get back in line. I ran a best of 18.9, needless to say I can't wait for my motor! Will see, that's a lot of money! Any one you know tried this?

May0506NathansB-Day215.jpg

Looks good. I love white del sol's.

Frost White is ugly. I'm glad I only had to deal with the FW for a couple of months. When they're repainted a better white then they look good.

It looks alot better than the ugly ass green it used to be. Someone else painted it, but I have another color in mind. We'll see what happens, I have too many ideas right now know what I mean?

I like the way that spoiler looks on it. it would be better if there wasn't a light in the spoiler though. body kit isn't bad, but oem bumper and side skirts or budy club side skirts is way better

• 2 weeks later...
May0506NathansB-Day215.jpg

Not to sound like a weiner, but aren't there supposed to be door panels for that body kit?

(BTW, downsize this pic, please!) 640x480 is plenty big enough. Or set up a Cardomain and link to the page.

I bet the dialup guys hate you right now, LOL.

I hope you didn't repaint a samba sol that ugly white. I agree with 97accordjdm, samba green is the best green out there, and in my opinion, the best factory color green from any manufacturer. I don't care for the body kit or wing, but if you like it, then that's good. You should definately get clear taillights to go with your theme though.

I am not criticizing your car, but why do people insist on taking away from their car's body lines? Del sols in their factory form have a more curved, rounded shape. Then, people decide that it is a good idea to put squared body kits on them, thus ruining any styling of their car. If you look at the sol from the side, starting at the top, and looking down, you will see the body curve, and then to his obnoxious side skirt, boxing the bottom off. But hey, to each his own.

I agree and also feel that the right body kit on the right car can go very well and complement the body lines very well. For example, J's Racing (I think) has a front end for the S2000 that looks so good and basically looks like it's suppossed to come that way.

Most people hate the Veilside kit on S2000's (which my dad has). I personally think it looks okay, just pretty bold. A detailing forum flamed it pretty bad when I posted pictures after I detailed it. Of course most of them detail ferraris, bentley's, maserati's, etc.... for a living.

Archived