keepin the sol

blackdelsol

so why does the exhaust have to go solles?

Im keeping my del sol because it gets good mileage and it is just a plain fun car to drive. by owning it I have learned a lot about it and I just decided I didn't want to part with it. I will be building it N/A. head work, test pipe, intake, suspension, clutch and flywheel are my current plans. I just ordered an audio setup and I will post pics. anybody else decide to not sell their sol?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can post a vid of the exhaust after I get an intake if you want.. it is just a nice deep sound. not raspy at all. I havent heard a tanabe though. I can't sell it even if I wanted to, I need to put the money toward other mods. I ran a 16.08 at the track yesterday. that sucks, but it was 98 degrees with really high humidity so I think I could have hit 15's on a decent day. I couldn't hook up at all, even launching at 3k.

well, I launched anywhere from 2.5k-6k throughout the day, I ran like 17 times, my best was when I launched around 4, and the 60ft was like 2.3 seconds. chirped second pretty good, maybe the tires weren't very good either, I have potenzas.

$30 all day, it was the Sabin fun run in Fargo. next one is early august. the track is ok, but the one in Brainerd is waaaaay better. I like running that many times, you can at least get some decent runs in by the end of the day.

edit: Fargo needs to take better care of their track. I never spin second and I easily spun second there. they don't clean the rubber off the track so it is nice and smooth but hard to get traction. there was a probe running 10's that usually runs low 9's I guess (not a normal probe, converted to rwd and has a v8 and its turbocharged.) I'll see if I can get my videos off my camera. anyone know of a video hosting website?

I agree. its not scrapped. I'm just keeping the sol. I am going to try and get an mr2 in a few years with a good engine and crapy body for a reasonable price. that can be a beater/ fun car

yea. they made the mr2 turbo until 99 in japan, and the celica all trac turbo. I want one of the nice ones in the late 90's bodies. too bad the U.S. didnt get either car that late.

The MR2 3SGTE is a pretty good motor.. capable of 450-500 hp pretty easily, and in a 2800 lb car.. damn. RWD, ME.. so perfect.

I think it has titanium sleeves or something.. so I'd be careful about that, but wth.

I have to agree with SolLes on the exhaust.. I don't know what it is, I just don't like it much. I guess it's because of the shape.

I have to agree with SolLes on the exhaust.. I don't know what it is, I just don't like it much. I guess it's because of the shape.

It's a Skunk2. (Similar design as RS-R's ExMag GT-II)

I wish I could tell you how they sound via internet.

BLUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, *shift* BLUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, *shift* BLUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG foom foom foom pow. kuh kuh ..... kuh BLUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. And the car is at 15 mph.

-Nick and Mike's version of Skunk2. Will post sound clip later.

I wish I could tell you how they sound via internet.

BLUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, *shift* BLUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, *shift* BLUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG foom foom foom pow. kuh kuh ..... kuh BLUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. And the car is at 15 mph.

-Nick and Mike's version of Skunk2. Will post sound clip later.

It should sound similar to an Apex'i N1... all the S2's I've heard have. I'm not good at translating your typed sound though lol.

I think it sounds just fine. if I could figure out how to post video I would. all you guys are insulting my exhaust and you haven't even heard it. frackk off. its not like I can afford another one anyway.

Archived