Enough with the "INSERT NAME" for Moderator

CRG7

I appologize for accusing you.

No problem. I think SSR can vouch that I have no problems making my feelings for someone clear if I have a problem with them, or those that were around back in the day know those old battles :laugh:

Yeah, c'mon VR, you've got some catching up to do... although I've only been deleting the occasional threads and posts. I probably only locked down one or two threads, so you are still the reigning champ.

a couple of my bitches are this:

first:

So let's keep threads on topic, and stick to the forum rules.

it took exactly 2 posts below that to go off topic. about 99% of the threads do, so unless you want to lock the whole forum you might as well forget about this.

second, when they do go off topic, they get locked. perfectly good threads go away. instead of saying "hey, lets keep this on topic, so it doesn't get closed down" you guys just close it.

and third, you don't take control of the trolls. remember american muscle? did he even get banned? you guys let him come in here and trash talk the crap outta EVERYONE who owns a honda, and just let him go on and on, but GOD FORBID if someone goes a little off topic.

i'm not being an assh*le, but i have a right to complain so i'm going to use it.

a couple of my bitches are this:

first:

it took exactly 2 posts below that to go off topic. about 99% of the threads do, so unless you want to lock the whole forum you might as well forget about this.

second, when they do go off topic, they get locked. perfectly good threads go away. instead of saying "hey, lets keep this on topic, so it doesn't get closed down" you guys just close it.

and third, you don't take control of the trolls. remember american muscle? did he even get banned? you guys let him come in here and trash talk the crap outta EVERYONE who owns a honda, and just let him go on and on, but GOD FORBID if someone goes a little off topic.

i'm not being an assh*le, but i have a right to complain so i'm going to use it.

This thread isn't really off-topic. It was made to let everyone know that at least half of the moderators are on regulary, and that while things got off track for a little while there, the rules are going to be enforced moreso than they were a couple of months ago. Of course, as I pointed out in the first post, no one is happy when we take it easy, and no one is happy when we are strict.

I, for one, hate having to lock or delete threads simply because they have gone off topic. I'd rather delete the off topic posts and leave the topic, but for example: A thread is open and on-topic. The night crew comes in, perhaps none of the moderators are on at that exact time, and an off-topic conversation breaks out that ends up taking up about 3 pages of a thread. At that point, it's just better to lock it up. Yeah yeah, this comment is going to break out a "the moderators aren't on enough", but there isn't a single person that can spend 24 hours a day on the forum.

There hasn't been all that much troll activity recently. The few that there have been, kastigir and others have reported and they have been taken care of.

The troll thing is the most annoying. And none of us are babies on here, so I don't think the auto edit needs to be on.

And seriously, I'm being honest, I don't think it would hurt for you to have another mod.

The troll thing is the most annoying. And none of us are babies on here, so I don't think the auto edit needs to be on.

And seriously, I'm being honest, I don't think it would hurt for you to have another mod.

The auto edit is controlled by the Admins. The forum is publicly viewed, so just as with the no-nudity policy, Drew prefers that it keeps a level that is open to people of all ages.

I spent the past few days sorting through some of the "regulars" on the forum, and trying to figure out who could be an unbiased mod. I compiled them into a poll for the rest of the moderating team to look over and decide if we should add another mod and if so, who it should be (one of my suggestions, or someone else, we'll see). When someone is agreed upon, I'm sure that Drew or Trepid will grant moderator permissions to that person.

Please don't make this thread into a nomination thread. Options are being explored, and you guys will know when a decision is reached. Thanks!

Last nomination: Sexy and I. We would get more new members than every. Guaranteed.

But when will you anounce your new decisions? I just want to know who was considered.

I just made a long post in the moderator forum with pros and cons for 9 different members. I don't know if TL and VR will want to add any more "nominees" to the list, or any other pros and cons, so we'll see what happens when they respond to the thread. Hopefully we can agree on someone within the next day or so, and that Drew or Trepid will approve whatever decision we come to.

I also hope that the names of the 9 members who are currently on the list does not get released to you guys, sorry! Everything will be a lot easier if you guys don't find out who is on the list or not. (It's not a popularity contest, which is what it would be if the vote was open to the public.)

I've been gone for a couple weeks on vacation and wow the drama's crazy here. I have no nominations, but in my opinion, anybody that's ever asked to be a moderator shouldn't be considered for as a mod. If you get somebody who is anxious to become a mod, they're more likely to go overboard with their new priveliges. If you get somebody who would like to do the job, but isn't always asking about it, they would probably be more modest and not go crazy with their new "powers". I also agree that you shouldn't release the names of those being considered. I personally think the mods we have do a good job and that we don't need anymore, but if you add one, I can think of a few that would do a good job, and I'm sure our current mods can too.

I'm with TL. No offense, but SolLes would be a horrible mod IMO. I don't think he could be unbiased and he is way too hard on the noobs. How is bashing noobs for asking about vtec controllers (they don't know.....they're new) going to promote new people? Enough with the mod talk, and I hope that nobody becomes a new mod since the whole thing started from people asking to be mod.

Everyone will be notified when, and if, a new moderator is added. Until then, stick to the rules in this thread, as well as in the other pinned thread here in GD.

Archived