How easy it is to steal your car, protect yourself

too many people stealing cars these days, and with hondas and acuras its so simple (2000 and older). the windows can be pulled out two inches (using a flathead screwdriver to pry it open), enough for an arm to slip through and unlock the door. or you can just reach through the grill with a hook and pop the hood and disconnect the battery, then disconnect the horn to turn off the alarm and then reconnect the battery. then use a hammer to break the steering lock, and pry off the steering column to gain access to the ignition, which all you need is a screwdriver to take care of. To get around a club you can saw through the steering wheel. A clutch pedal lock can be cut with heavy duty bolt cutters. Also, if you have a kill switch, your car can just be towed and gutted. IF YOU HAVE A GARAGE USE IT! WATCH YOURSELF AND YOUR CAR, THERE IS NO 100% ANTITHEFT PROOF SYSTEM. ANY DETERMINED CAR THEIF CAN TAKE YOUR CAR.

my car was almost stolen from outside of my apartment. they pried open the driver door lock with a screwdriver and opened the door.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol thanks for telling the world how to get in my car..

but it is true, if someone really wanted to steal ur car its very much possible even with these fancy $1000 car alarms.

haha, sorry, they can get into my car too. in fact they already tried.

honestly man, this thread isnt necessary. ANY car theif that wants a car, is GOING to get it. it doesnt matter what type of alarm you have, what kind of car, what kind of key, nothing. all these things do is slow them down.

With most alarm systems, or atleast Viper, they are slightly more complicated.

First off, I have a harder to reach lock on the inside.. which you pull out..

But there is a rumor that you can just use an Accord key in the P/S door and giggle it to get it open, so that defeats my little theory.

I armed my system one day and when I came back that night my alarm wouldn't disarm.. I pushed the button and everything but it wouldn't do crap. So I had to use my key and set it off.

When I got the door open I had to cut my horn so the damn thing would cut off. Wow. This thing is atleast 100db.. so loud my ears were pulsing. I was up on the street and people down by the docks 1/4 mile away heard it clearly. When I got it to stop I tried turning it on.. no luck. The car won't even turn over. Completely immunized. I then disconnected the negative terminal on the battery to reset the system. No luck. When I insert the key in the ignition there is a ticking sound and the car wont turn over. I tried it 3 times.. no luck. By 100% luck this guy helping me out pulled some random plug which he said "looked aftermarket" which happened to be the main system power source. I guess when you pull that, the system resets.

So an hour later, I finally got the thing to go. This only required the key, a tool set, and a hell of a lot of luck.

Like xxscaxx said, an alarm will only slow the average thief down. That's what it was designed to do. There is always a way around it.. there has to be. If someone reallllly wants that car, they'll get it. If you have the kind of car where people are pulling up a flatbed to take it away, you better have full coverage.

my brother took a bus into nyc and parked his car (rx7) in the bus lot. we got a call from the police, guys broke in, used his jack, jacked up the car, took rims, took his subs, tools, cds, and head unit, then thought it would be fun to drop the car flat on the ground smashing the front bumper and side skirts which was all molded to the body. they also ripped about a 12" chunk out of one of the side skirts, probably ripping the jack out. this is the second time in a year his car has been broken into. :(

My 93 Civic thats in my picture just got stolen 1 month ago. Took everything had B18c jdm, brand new si rims new tires, skunk2 suspension and lots more. Heres what happens when you go down town Milwaukee to go party then come back outside to just get a cd a hour later.... before and after pics

So i have 1500 looking for a car with d16 Plz let me know Thinking about turbo allready have sc50 precision

before

11111.jpg

JDM%20b18c.jpg

After

side%20of%20damage.jpg

honestly man, this thread isnt necessary. ANY car theif that wants a car, is GOING to get it. it doesnt matter what type of alarm you have, what kind of car, what kind of key, nothing. all these things do is slow them down.

The way I look at it though, is if I can slow them down enough, they might give up and go on to the next car. That's why I'm in the process of wiring up a hidden plug w/ a "key" that has to be insterted before the starter and fuel pump can get power. I'll probably also do a hidden switch that has to be flipped before power will be sent to the relay that the plug requires. This way they would have so much wiring to sort out, they might (I know, they might not too) give up. At least after that if my car gets stolen, I know I did everything in my power to protect it. Plus the integra has been number 1 stolen car for a few years now.

The way I look at it though, is if I can slow them down enough, they might give up and go on to the next car. That's why I'm in the process of wiring up a hidden plug w/ a "key" that has to be insterted before the starter and fuel pump can get power. I'll probably also do a hidden switch that has to be flipped before power will be sent to the relay that the plug requires. This way they would have so much wiring to sort out, they might (I know, they might not too) give up. At least after that if my car gets stolen, I know I did everything in my power to protect it. Plus the integra has been number 1 stolen car for a few years now.

There's always towing... or dragging/pushing (roped it to a truck or something in the front, pushed it with another stolen vehicle from behind) like they did with my brother's car :rolleyes:

I think the Integra has been out of the #1 spot... there are few Type R's and GSR's left anymore.

There's always towing... or dragging/pushing (roped it to a truck or something in the front, pushed it with another stolen vehicle from behind) like they did with my brother's car :rolleyes:

I think the Integra has been out of the #1 spot... there are few Type R's and GSR's left anymore.

the integra has been the #1 spot for quite a while now. superstreet did an entire article on the top stolen cars in the us. integras and civics are the most stolen.

the integra has been the #1 spot for quite a while now. superstreet did an entire article on the top stolen cars in the us. integras and civics are the most stolen.

Turns out it depends on which report you're looking at. There are quite a few of them, and they all list different vehicles in the #1 spots. If you do a Google search, you'll pull up all sorts of them.

I know there's always towing, and there's not much you can do about that. However a few things that can help are always pull into a spot to where they can't get to the front of your car. Also park between two cars (not the best for avoiding door dings). Then before you turn off your car, turn your steering wheel all the way in one direction. Now if the try to pull the car out of the spot the front end will swing around and hit another car, and make it really hard to get the car out without drawing a ton of attention. Obviously this isn't fool proof either, but hey, we do what we can.

This thread is extremely interesting to me. If anyone else has more info about how to break into cars, and also how to foil theives, please post.

By the way, this is not so I can break into cars. I'm just fascinated by the creativity of the theives and the anti-theives.

Guest jason06ex
The car won't even turn over. Completely immunized. I then disconnected the negative terminal on the battery to reset the system.

So today I'm going to go to work, and I'll immobilize some puppies and kittens. :thumbsup:

i agree with you hungGSR.

now for some of you other people who dont have the money for alarm systems or other security measures. to help someone from just driving away with your car, you can always pull out the ecu fuse. it takes less than 2 seconds to take it out, and someone can try to start you car, but it wont turn over. or you can even just unplug your ecu altogether. there are many things you can do.

Alarms are pointless to me. I agree with everyone that they slow the average idiot down a little. most of the time there is a valet switch that you can hold in and silence the alarm. I know some crooked alarm installers program an extra key (cost them 15 dollars) and go back a couple of months later and take everything. That is why i do everything myself or just lock my civic in my garage. But if someone wants it bad, it doesnt matter where it is at they will get it.

a 12ga. shotgun slows them down quite a bit. heck, it might even stop them. but seriously, it sucks. goddamn thieves. if they steal my car I'm gonna be pissed. :mad:

Well if anyone wants Vipers best alarm i have one for sale lol. its the one with the 2 way pager alarm that lets you know when and what part of your car is being messed with. it'll run you about $520 at a store, thats the cheapest ive seen it. throw me an offer if your interested anyone.

oh and there is an alarm, more so anti-theft devise that is illegal in the US but they sell it in england, basically it shoots flames from underneath the car from all sides if someone breaks into your car or tampers with it enough. im in the middle of making my own lol.

and if anyone has questions about better ways to slow theives down PM me, Im a lock smith at an auto auction and deal with stolen cars everyday. Even cars with transponder keys get stolen, there is literally a way around everything. I do about 20 - 30 cars a day so i see some pretty interesting crap. Arizona is the leading state for stolen cars though so i guess thats why haha.

I thought camrys were the most commonly stolen cars? I thought it was mostly early 90's camrys, mid 90's civics and integras.

There are different lists, and every list has a different #1 vehicle.

Archived