How easy it is to steal your car, protect yourself

I would love to catch a guy breaking into my car. I would shoot him without even thinking about it. No question about it. You come into MY YARD and steal MY CAR! Your as good as dead.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting thread...

I have the most complicated looking electrical club for my steering wheel...this is my approach and I have full coverage and park in garage...I'm hoping that if they see this and realize they haven't seen it before, they won't try to break in...I don't know what I would do if my car got stollen!

im not talking about sawing the club. im talking about sawing the steering wheel, actually cutting the steering wheel. and no, i dont want to take your car, Si's are too slow for my taste.

im not talking about sawing the club. im talking about sawing the steering wheel, actually cutting the steering wheel. and no, i dont want to take your car, Si's are too slow for my taste.

I wasn't talking talking about the club either...I was saying try as in when I'm there so I could see your method :D And when I finish my car, wanna race on a straight line? hehe, if I win you kiss my car's rear bumper :D jk...

whats the theory behind the club? how does it work?

I would tell you but as someone else said here it's not smart to make it public for "security"...but the idea is to make it look complicated enough for the thief to not even try...

if it's a bar then it touches the steering wheel in two spots...that's how sawing the steering wheel would work...but if you cover the whole steering wheel then there is no room to saw...this only eliminated the possibility of sawing though...there are so ways a thief can steal a car; the car has to be tooooo protected...

I wasn't talking talking about the club either...I was saying try as in when I'm there so I could see your method :D And when I finish my car, wanna race on a straight line? hehe, if I win you kiss my car's rear bumper :D jk...

I would tell you but as someone else said here it's not smart to make it public for "security"...but the idea is to make it look complicated enough for the thief to not even try...

Oh i would kiss your rear bumper alright.:thumbsup:

let me know when youre done. my vehicle vs your vehicle and we will see who will be kissing who.

I think the question is why could you not drive a car with a club on it? I mean, it might not be easy, but I bet you could get a car home only making half turns at a time.

Also, where do ya'll live? The last time a car was stolen here, the guy left it running in front of the bookstore. Some kid "borrowed" it to pick up his girlfriend, and was busted when he returned the car.

when u try to turn the whell with the club on you will hit the windshield or if you turn the other way you will hit your legs or seat.

I suggest buying the club that goes over your clutch and welding some steel plates to strengthen and minimize chance of it getting cut.

You can also wire up a kill switch to your gas pump, just make sure to stash the switch somewhere inconspicuous.

I think the question is why could you not drive a car with a club on it? I mean, it might not be easy, but I bet you could get a car home only making half turns at a time.

Also, where do ya'll live? The last time a car was stolen here, the guy left it running in front of the bookstore. Some kid "borrowed" it to pick up his girlfriend, and was busted when he returned the car.

Near Los Angeles cars get stolen everyday...or they get "stolen" by the owner...

rbolander, gotta come up with a different bet...and let's be fair: a race of cars, not a race of "vehicles"...cuz F-16 can be considered a vehicle too haha...

i have a motorcycle. it still wouldnt be a fair bet. and my old civic would tear yours a new one.

my bike against your civic, ill give you a 3 second head start, and at the end of the race we will see who is kissing who.

my bike weighs 400lbs with full tank

58 whp

30.9 torque

0-60 in 3.87 seconds

1/4mi from standing start 12.81 @ 101.2mph

top speed 130mph

and thats a 500cc motor.

I plan on getting at least a 600cc or 750cc. Once I have either of those, Ill simply just smoke pretty much everything out there.

whoa wait, obviously my bike isnt slow even though it has low hp and torque. but i imagine your sol doesnt have much more hp or torque. maybe around 80 or so whp.

no i wasnt saying your bike was slow. i was saying 58 and 30 are slow for a car and my car isnt that slow. the bike is fast as crapt because its only 400 lbs. bikes are faster than cars 99% of the time

Archived