thinking about Type R now

93blackH22

alright lets see, I guess I can just take your advice but then I would have to tune up the D16Y7 in my car that has only 100 hp in it and which btw is already a swap and keep up the most annoying reputation as a "del slow"

better yet I could save $ buying a H22, get more hp and still be able to get a full exaust setup, but then I have to ask myself why havn't too many others taken this same deal? And dude if I was going into this not looking to spend any money I would have given it up by now >_<

sorry if I offended anyone with that agressive opinon but thats how I am seeing it right now

That's not taking my advice at all buddy. I was saying that getting the B18C5 would purely to show off. The H22 makes the same power and 25 more lb-ft at a lower price. It also has more displacement out of the box to work with, along with a cheaper aftermarket. I'm not against you swapping motors, just swapping the wrong one.

People haven't swapped the H22 in much because everyone always bitches about how it's so heavy (40 lbs at most more than B18) and how the B18C5 is better (how?).

I know you're going to spend money, just do it right.

I don't know, I'd probably rather have a cam'd B16A SiRII with header and exhaust than a stock GSR on a stock exhaust. Don't get me wrong, I love my B18C1, but my del sol was so much fun, just in a slightly different way. You had to stay on the revs to make power, but when you did, oh what fun.

if you get a C5 all you're doing is paying extra to say you have a type R motor, basically what everyone else said, but id say go C1, or for 800 fun tickets go B20, and for a few more bux get a C1 or B16 head. just an idea. but if you do want a C5 spend your money on the K20 instead, much better for the price

HAHA!!! just noticed your newly-added quote hung...that was in that thread i started, but i totally didn't notice the humor in it until you clipped it out. awesome man...awesome

Yeah, I saw that and had to quote it in my signature. I almost died laughing.

I'm new to this forum and have been thinking about changing my motor out also. I only have the si SOHC D16Y8 in my 97 sol. Why hasn't anyone suggested the B16B motor? I know it has a lot of compression and was wondering if that was the reason it's not recommended for boost and all. That is what I have been looking at getting... but I'm the noob here, so let me know more please.

Thanks.

Actually my favourate B series motor is the B16B motor, because it is sooooooooooooooooo JDM. lol

i'm going for all-motor. definitely my favorite of the b series. does anyone else on HF (at least the somewhat-regulars) have this swap besides me?

you could build a b16a with more power for what you'd save not buying the b16b. a b16b is just a b16a with diff. cams and a little higher cr, right? I'm going n/a on my b16a, and I'm probably gonna stroke it to a 1.9l.

i'm going for all-motor. definitely my favorite of the b series. does anyone else on HF (at least the somewhat-regulars) have this swap besides me?

that motor is a good find, its like coming up on a b17a2. i have the 98 spec jdm itr motor.

Archived