thinking about Type R now

93blackH22

I checked out some of the engines that I could swap and was leaning tword the H22 for soooo looong but the more I research on it the more that I am disliking it. Theres a local swap shop over here called speedquest and a guy there said that one of his buddies has a hatch that he did the H22 swap into and all he has had is problems :( and he reccomended that I do the Type R swap. He said that on the dyno of the prelude motor there is a power drop at yay many rpms that they could not tune out. However on the integra engine there is none. What do you guys think?

Oh no he had problems?

Seriously.. you're putting a motor designed for one car into another.. just learn from the other guy's mistakes.

Not only will the B18C5 cost more to buy, everything else for it will be more expensive. Any aftermarket stuff you buy will be expensive.. headwork, valvetrain, rods, whatever. For the amount you spend, you could have one hell of a built H22.. boost and all..

Dude stolen engines are so ridiculous. I hate people who buy or use stolen goods.

Hell Yeah! Not only is it wrong because someone else had to work hard, just to have it ripped off, but getting caught with stolen engines isn't worth it. In MN, they take the car, and if you're lucky enough to be able to afford the fines and impound, you get your car back without anything under the hood, and they don't give a crap about what they break or cut to do it. Not worth it!!

hmmm some very good input here but you have to weed out the bullcrapters

(most of the good input is SolLes in one form of sarcasm or another)

heres your swap price guide

h motors online

kill yourself if you actually think you can get one for $400 Im not talking about the worst h22 you can get either I was talking about Type S v.s. Type R, either of them somewhat new

Good tuners can always tune out a power drop.

these guys are the best in my area and have one of the best dyno machines out there, so if they cant get the power drop tuned out I will have no chance where they failed

Seriously.. you're putting a motor designed for one car into another.. just learn from the other guy's mistakes.

Not only will the B18C5 cost more to buy, everything else for it will be more expensive. Any aftermarket stuff you buy will be expensive.. headwork, valvetrain, rods, whatever. For the amount you spend, you could have one hell of a built H22.. boost and all..

alright lets see, I guess I can just take your advice but then I would have to tune up the D16Y7 in my car that has only 100 hp in it and which btw is already a swap and keep up the most annoying reputation as a "del slow"

better yet I could save $ buying a H22, get more hp and still be able to get a full exaust setup, but then I have to ask myself why havn't too many others taken this same deal? And dude if I was going into this not looking to spend any money I would have given it up by now >_<

sorry if I offended anyone with that agressive opinon but thats how I am seeing it right now

Good tuners can always tune out a power drop.

for once i totally agree with SSR , i see no reason why they cant tune an H22 out. thats sillynous. type R is a hoax really , dont get me wrong strong engine but not near worth the money they want for them. and if you plan on boosting it , youl have to change half the things out that make it a type R to handle the boost. get a C1. as far as someone saying putting an engine in a car that it wasnt meant to be in , thats silly as well , an engine is an engine , it cares not what car its in as long as it has what it needs to run.

First off, people who don't know anything about engines should shut up.

Hamster- I know more than you'll ever know. Also, I know what the codes are for motors. I wasn't saying the H22 isn't jdm or anything like that, I'm saying it's not a part of the new gay JDM phase you're in. B16A swap in a hatch is exactly what everyone and their mom does.

yeah, but b16's are an awesome platform to start with.

1. b18c1

2. b16a

3. b18c5

4. h22a

5. d16z6

that's what i'm thinking.

oh and the stolen comment wasn't fo real, i just might have priced the h22 a bit too low. still, there's about a $3000 price difference between the b18c5 and the h22...

hmmmm thanks guys that actually helps alot

I wasnt sure if I wanted to start boosting because of any compression problems and such because the places by me are known to blow up their whole fricken engines with it and Im not exactly a boost pro soooo yeah, not to mention I think it would be sweet to stick it to some american muscle with my tuner and for them not even to have the crutch of saying that its because I was boosting :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

If you are willing to spend the amount of loot to swap a B18C5 then just swap a K20A instead. It wouldn't cost much more and would kill a C5. If it was my car, I'd swap in a B16A SiRII which has almost the same power as a C1. You'll save probably a $1000 over a B18C1 and you could swap in cam and tune and have much more than a C1 for the same price with still tons of potential in the motor.

Archived