JDM?

Ballinfrogs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JDM can mean a bunch of things...but generally it's what a Honda would look like stock from Japan. Then built up using Japanese aftermarket parts that the Japanese would use.

JDM ain't so bad...to an extent. It becomes annoying and overdone when you become such a JDM whore that you have to brag about that JDM part you spent a grip to get shipped over here just so you could be cool to. I mean back in the early 90s all people ever really did was build their cars and then to differentiate themselves found some clear corners and sidemarkers...cause that's what the cars in Japan had. I'm amazed at how crazy it has gotten since and how performance just got pushed to the side...but it's nice to see the not so different from stock look coming back in to vogue...

jdm=japanese domestic model. how the hondas come stock in japan. people want the jdm stuff because a lot of the stuff offered in japan for the hondas there wasnt offered here in the us. the only thing i really like about jdm is the engines, theyre better than the usdm ones.

lol its another fad, itl go away unless you really want a really JDM car, the look that noone on the streets has but now.. many do, a fashion statement, my friend has a fully converted 94 integra RS into a JDM integra type r. i think CRG7 has a almost in the process of a fully JDM CRX glasstop and everything.

Japanese Domestic Market, not model.

market, yes. sorry, i was thinking of all the models sexy keeps posting and i got confused. he should post more latinas, dammit.

Sure it can look good. The point is people are being all ridiculous about it, spending extra cash for the trendy look just cuz its trendy. This isn't about fashion. At least, it shouldn't be.

Sure it can look good. The point is people are being all ridiculous about it, spending extra cash for the trendy look just cuz its trendy. This isn't about fashion. At least, it shouldn't be.

then tell me, what is it all about? most of the parts on my car are jdm oem and jdm aftermarket, does that make me ridiculous? youre stupid, making your car look good to your taste IS a fashion. jdm parts are known to be very good quality and install very easy because is meant specificaly for that application. not trendy, just good quality. but please tell me what you think its all about, im very interested.

you dont make your car for anyone else then why would you have any modifications to any car ever.

i would like to be known for my creativity when i am doing mods to my car.

idc if it is JDM, its JDM because i like the look.

power to typeR girl.. well put.

at the end of the day, what you do, how you do it, and why you do whatever you do to your car is your business. if you do it to please others then thats why you like doing it. if its for yourself again its what you like. your car your crap. put a big sticker on it saying your the best if it makes you happy. you like jdm kool stick it on your car. theres always gonna be for and against. to you something might look good to another it my look crap, but you do wat you want. i like styling cars but only slightly other alot. if you buy a nova an you wanna make it to a skyline thats you business. loads of people are gonna hate it loads are gonna love it. i'll only like it if its a good job, and not a bodge job. but the who am i to say wats bodged and wats not. unless its my car.

if i had my way i'd make my old astra just like my prelude so then i got 2 :D jk i really coundn't be ask to much effort. anything is possble if you either got the cash or skill well nearly anything.

All I was saying is that when people just latch onto a trend like JDM because it's fashionable, that's stupid. If you like JDM for JDM quality, that's fine, but I think it's stupid to like it cuz other people do. And honestly, it really seems like that's what we've got goin' on right now. I'm done talking about this. If you like JDM that's cool by me. I just hope you like it for the right reasons, or else you're making some very poor puchase decisions based on a trend that's only gonna change soon enough.

or someone can do what the fawk they want and if someone else doesnt like it who the fawk cares. so many people tell me my bra is ugly, could i take it off? yes. am i? no. why the hell do people even care about trends anywyas. christ your going to die someday but your worried about what trends your trying to follow.

Archived