Nicest Sol ever

SolLesHonda

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the same boat, but luckily my neighbor had one that she was selling for 1700 bucks, and I was able to get that down to 1400. Now I have a del sol as my daily driver but I don't have the money to fix it up nice like any of these posted ones. Meh...

Oh, and by the way, the front grill and lip on that first red sol is sexy. Classy. Where can I get one of thems?

B16- I looked through almost all. There are a couple nice ones. There is a nice white one with a mugen paint matched lip. There is another white one with a REAL JDM front bumber with fogs and CF hood and it is SAWEET.

A guy on solsociety just got his del sol repainted EBP. This is without a doubt my favorite color on a del sol by a long shot.

c816899a.jpg

That is so freakin' hawt. (except the tails which don't look completely bad)

Ok guys, getting estimates this week to repaint my car. Finish is shot. What do you think on color?

That is clean. A lot of people are going with that Mugen styled front bumper now-a-days.

Yah. This pic is old tho...2000 ish? Back then people were all "EXTREME" and "Street Fighter II" kits. bleh

That's why I liked this Sol...looked way better than most of the Sols around at the time. For myself tho, I think I'll go as far as a Civic OEM lip and I'm done with.

I suffered a loss today.

This is going to make a certain person on here very happy to hear.

I pulled up to a traffic light last night/this morning at about 1:30. There was a Black STI with bronze wheels, huge FMIC, and loud ass exhaust. His idle was very lopey, so he obviously had cams. I didn't think he was going to go, but then he started rolling abck and forth, revving in between. The light turned green and he left me off of the line. I went through first and started pulling to catch up. I put it in second, peeled harder than him, and wound up next to him. As soon as 5,000 rpm hit in second, I pulled and took the lead. Through third I started pulling harder. I got to about 105 and he started pulling back. After about 115 he started leaving me slowly. It was an amazing race. We both went to 7-11 after and talked for a minute or two. It was a beast.

xxscaxx, there is your win for the Subie.

I suffered a loss today.

This is going to make a certain person on here very happy to hear.

I pulled up to a traffic light last night/this morning at about 1:30. There was a Black STI with bronze wheels, huge FMIC, and loud ass exhaust. His idle was very lopey, so he obviously had cams. I didn't think he was going to go, but then he started rolling abck and forth, revving in between. The light turned green and he left me off of the line. I went through first and started pulling to catch up. I put it in second, peeled harder than him, and wound up next to him. As soon as 5,000 rpm hit in second, I pulled and took the lead. Through third I started pulling harder. I got to about 105 and he started pulling back. After about 115 he started leaving me slowly. It was an amazing race. We both went to 7-11 after and talked for a minute or two. It was a beast.

xxscaxx, there is your win for the Subie.

muahaha.

what did he say was his setup? because i highly doubt he had cams. cams in my car require you to remove the engine to get to them, and no one has really proven any serious gains for people to go and change them. on all the forums i go on, maybe 3 people have changed their cams out. gadiels (i think thats his name) 700+whp STi ran on stock cams, so no one really goes through the hassle of changing them. it might have been the way his car was tuned that caused the lopey sound.

my guess is he had full turboback setup, you said FMIC, and maybe a turbo upgrade.

at least you kept up with him, good job.

did you have your boost set to 24psi?

Oh yeah. I was flying. He was a quick bastard. That launch killed me, but once I clicked second I saw him look abck like WTF ?! Haha, then when I passed he was looking confused. Lol. He told me he had upgraded his turbo, and wasn't running high boost. He didn't tell me much, but wanted to see what I was running because he said very fw Hodna's keep up. He was shocked when he saw SOHC. That's right bitches.

He said he was running just under 400whp.

Archived