STi killer

coll9947

So Honda recently had a concept car that looked a lot like a TSX or a TL that had SH-AWD. I think the TSX would be the perfect platform for a STi killer. Hell, drop the hybrid engine (255hp / 232 lb. ft) from the Accord into the TSX with SH-AWD. Yeah, I said it. It would totally fit Honda's image.

SH AWD, are you talking about the new RL, except its the same HP rating as the WRX STi. and that its a luxury car, i get it because its pimp. and il get the STi because its nice and fast..vroom

the cool thing about the RL besides the SH-AWD is the paddle shifters, which is a pretty neat idea for a luxury honda. Its pretty much fully loaded with everything you want, it just looks like an accord gone sophisticated. On the other hand if you have the SH-AWD in a k20 engine on an rsx, we'll be talking business. Of course its 220 hp still doesnt hold a candle to the sti, we can always supercharge it :p.

Either way, I would still KILL for a SH-AWD TSX. And you know Honda wouldn't make it THAT powerful.. that's what the aftermarket is for! It'd be a few ticks behind the STi, but with ULEV, better mileage, and you can put 87 in the f*cker! fawk premium!

Why are people so cheap. The difference between regular and premium is what, like twenty cents ???

So even if you have a 20 gallon tank, which most honda's, or even subie's don't, that's an extra four bucks.

Big deal, I find that it keeps your injectors clean and keeps the car burning and running healthy, that regular 87 octance is just mixed up crap.

Not only that, being turbo you can do some very minor mods to jump that up to 300whp/tq. Look at xxscaxx. He's at about 300 whp and hasn't done much other than freeing up the exhaust and turbo and ecu.

yep... just downpipe and UTEC. once i get my catback and intake, ill be at 300whp definitly.

i never use cheap crap, well obviously i cant use it in my STi but even when i had the crapty d15 in my del sol i still used ultra.

Premium is a waste of money in a car that only requires 87. The octane rating is the gasoline's resistence to combustion. Higher octane gas is meant for cars with higher temperatures in the combustion chamber, so that the gas does not combust early and cause knocking. The octane rating has nothing to do with the quality of gas or fuel mileage.

It's all about the quality of the fuel and the additives put in by each particular brand. Gas like Chevron, which has Techron in every octane rating, will get you better mileage, while like Batman pointed out, cheaper places like 7-11 that buy discount gas from their wholesalers will give you worse mileage.

At most gas stations, however, only the premium fuel has the additives in it, which makes many people think that it is the octane rating that makes the difference. It's not, the gas station just stacks their pumps (87 and 89 both crapty, but the 91/92 a lot better) to make you want to buy the expensive crap.

And another note: Perhaps I should have phrased it "STi ankle biter". I don't care how fast it is, any car can be made faster. I just want to see real AWD with an 'H' or 'A' badge on it.

Premium gas will do no better at keeping your engine cleaner than 87 octane. You will find a difference in running different brands of gas....but running 93 oct. when all you need is 87 is just more pollution and wasted money.

BTW...if you car requires 87 octane and you run 93 and don't have a premium fuel calibration....you are losing power...;)

Archived