Turbo or Supercharger

Well I ask because I have a 89 thunderbird sc with a twin supercharger, blower with a 3 inch pully, 79mm edlebrock intake, dowl 3 inch flowmasters, hurts padle shifter in a mazda truck tranny, and wisco pistons pushing 30 ponds of boost. Now I am working on a CRX and have never run a turbo. Wich is better for the CRX

I put a second coile (my spelling sucks) on the car but a thunderbird sc is hard to find I looked in the blue book and some say its real and others dont. In 89 thay made a few thunderbirds that came with a stock supercharger hens it being a thunderbird SC. but how about a inter cooled twin turbo for the CRX.

Wellarownd here people have some pritty fast car but the fastes car arownd is my buddys 240 converted to right hand drive with a skyline motor swap. I want to build some thing that will if not out run his keep up with it.

yeah a rhd conversion adds alot of power. i call bs on the twin SC. twin turbo on a 4cy could work i guess. if you used a small turbo like a T-25 to spool a big turbo. but more trouble than its worth and very expensive.

The real SC was made in 89 other Thunderbirds but its not the same like I said before look it up. you should realy do some reserch before you just blurt out an answer. The 89 is much different than the 90 for one it has a stock Mazda truck trany......

You know what Im not going to get into this your write

Twin what supercharger? Twin-screw ie Whipple or Kenne Bell? As far as Thuberbirds are concerned none came with multiple superchargers or twin-screws. Period. SC means Super Coupe....not supercharged.

Anyway this topic has been done to death on every car forum. Do a search.

Well I ask because I have a 89 thunderbird sc with a twin supercharger, blower with a 3 inch pully, 79mm edlebrock intake, dowl 3 inch flowmasters, hurts padle shifter in a mazda truck tranny, and wisco pistons pushing 30 ponds of boost. Now I am working on a CRX and have never run a turbo. Wich is better for the CRX

Sure as hell looks to me like you said twin supercharger, and twin means 2.

Archived