Farewell Blue

CRG7

If you don't know, my Sol got backed into in October. After waiting a month for the insurance company to send an adjuster out, she's finally back to me. Last weekend was spent on body work and paint prep, and she was painted on Saturday. This coming weekend she goes to get buffed.

post-42-11338094280.jpg

post-42-11338094281.jpg

post-42-11338094282.jpg

post-42-11338094283.jpg

post-42-11338094284.jpg

post-42-11338095030.jpg

thanks, b16... i'm quite pleased with it myself. i knew i wanted a gold that wasn't too champagne, not too brown, and not too "gold gold", and i picked out this color pretty much on the spot.

no, timmythewop, i live in "upstate" new york

yeah, 97, it took foreeeever, and of course now i can't really drive the car anyway due to the snow :rolleyes: hopefully next week, after it's all buffed, we'll have a day that i can actually drive it.

buddysol, the insurance check only came out to $1,691.97 so you'd either have to go the route i took with it (body work was split between my brother and i, guy who works with my brother sprayed the exterior, brother sprayed the jambs), or throw some extra money in.... at least now the quarter panels are rust free again too :D

xxscaxx - i couldn't tell you the name of the color, because i don't actually remember it lol. all i know is the ppg paint code :-P

nice colour but a little too plain jane!!!!!!!!! since you are a girl maybe throw (stickers)a heart or two (small ones)below your side mirriors or just below the door handles.Of course the colour of the stickers must go with the overall colour of the car.Just my opinion!!!!!

nah, the only stickers on it right now are the import tech windshield banner and the small one on the rear window... and that's all that's going on the car...

i love the fact that the color can blend in with other cars on the road, but stands out to anyone who knows it's not a factory color for the sol. :)

well ok not stickers but maybe some kind of paint strips or lighting flashes........something just to add a little colour to the not too gold gold......I still think the car is too plain jane!!!!!it's just not eye catching enough. But hey it's just my opinion and if she likes it as it is good enough...... I'm with you!!!!

sorry CRC to hijack your this thread but I did ask this question on other threads but so far unable to get a decent answer(in my opinion)and since you are a Mod.maybe you know. In the Honda Image & Video Gallery under the Topic Title:Hey Guys Check this Out there are 5 stars do you know why they are there,what does it mean,and who put them there?

sorry for this unusual interpolation(and also hey guys pls bear with me) I', really dying to know THKS!

the stars are a topic rating

i don't want the car to be eye-catching to those who don't know the car :-P (people who know what colors sols came in from the factory will notice the difference).

i don't have the color name, just the ppg code... which is weird for me, i usually know the color but then don't give out the name lol. i also know which make the color originally came on, no idea what actual model(s) though :-P.

sicksol, i'm from sullivan county, how about you?

yuen, np

Archived