Greddy Sp2 or Greddy Evo or Tanabe Exhaust

SolLesHonda

hi guys, new memeber here, i have a 93 del sol and im looking to get a new exhaust system. i ahev searched and have heard good things about greddy and tanabe. now i have tanabe lowering springs, and i am satisfied with the quaility. now, i have heard evo exhausts on hondas, and they have sounded good, but i am also interested in the tanabe super medallion hyper spec edition exhaust on 9 second racing.com ..... i would appreciate all the help, i am limited on funds mostly because i am a 17 year old in school working part time. i have some mods, and have great plans for the sol. the b16 is being built as we speak ... just need an exhaust for now thanks guys

i have a greddy evo2 on my 93 and i love it. it has a nice deep purr to it, not rice at all. you can check it out on my page if you want www.cardomain.com/id/airjordan223. i payed 500 shipped for it and i might be able to find the link for you if you want. good luck.

i <3 the tanabe hyper medalion that i have on my sol... quiet

a regular customer of mine just picked up the evo2 for his del sol, and he's very happy with it...

get the one that is the most angled.

hahahahahaha

both exhausts are very good peices. my suggestion is try to get a soundclip or something for both and then try to decide from there..

yes, they are both good exhausts. i have a magnaflow 3 inch output, hiflow catback and dcsport headers.

just installed them this week.

this one doesnt have the high pitch noise that most exhausts do.

set me back about 500 for exhaust and 350 for headers.

word, thanks a lot guys ... i think i may go with the tanabe ... reason being i don't want an obnoxiously loud exhaust, but then again i wanna nice purr ... i wanna do it without a header ..cus i don't feel like sinking anymore money into the d15b7, its all going to the built sir motor .... i like the cosmetics of the tanabe better as well , the evo looks huge and ricey, where as the tanabe is cheaper and traditional looking muffler canister. both sound great thanks for the replies ... should i notice a significant hp or torque increase.... they say +10 but that may be bs ... im thinking ........ some people say they notice better throttle response lemme know thanks

• 4 years later...
hi guys, new memeber here, i have a 93 del sol and im looking to get a new exhaust system. i ahev searched and have heard good things about greddy and tanabe. now i have tanabe lowering springs, and i am satisfied with the quaility. now, i have heard evo exhausts on hondas, and they have sounded good, but i am also interested in the tanabe super medallion hyper spec edition exhaust on 9 second racing.com ..... i would appreciate all the help, i am limited on funds mostly because i am a 17 year old in school working part time. i have some mods, and have great plans for the sol. the b16 is being built as we speak ... just need an exhaust for now thanks guys

I say go with the super medallion

LOLZ

whats up guys, i can clearly see that this is an old thread but incase neone is lookin around for ideas ...im just givin a lil input hope it helps.....i personally plan to run the the tanabe, my friend ran it on his lexus is-350 and i loved it so when he suggested the company i took a look on youtube to find sound clips and they sound good on even poor quality clips, now another tuner friend of mine runs the skunk2 set-up on his 08 Si and it sounds pretty decent being as it was only like 450 shipped i believe, but really and truely if your not going for all out performance, and are working on a tight budget there is a catback company on ebay called tenrai ive heard a couple of those running around locally and they dont sound bad especially cuz theyre under 100 shipped, not trying to downplay neones buildup ideas just giving u options, cuz i can definately remember being 17 and tryin to customize with a crappy budget,

Archived