Legal Question?

DASOL95

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any problem getting pulled over for having a carbon fiber hood. I live in Va where the cops crack down on a lot things also is it worth it putting one on? Versus just the stock oem hood.

I have never heard of anyone being pulled over for a carbon fiber hood. If your worried, just paint it the color of the car, and they can't tell.

i havent heard of anyone being pulled over for it ethier theres nothing that is harmful to the air in it or to the eyes so dont see it being illegal

yea. there is absolutelly no comprehensible reason why it would be illegal. accept maybe it doesnt' meet crash test ratings or something.

well isnt carbonfiber stronger than the crapy sheet metal that honda uses on there hoods where you can touch it and it gets a dents

If they pull you over, just tell them that some higher end cars, come made completely of carbon fiber, so how is my hood illegal? Carrera GT is completely carbon body panels, and much more, so they can't just say that having carbon fiber is illegal, plus they'd have to provide a statute to give you a ticket, and I doubt a statute exists.

• 1 month later...

only it's tensil strength is greater. hit it w/ a hammer and you'llsee the difference :) keep in mind... spider webs have many times the tensil strenth of titanium, and yet you'd never built anything out of a web ;)

one time my homie got pulled over and the cop gave him a ticket for loud exhaust,speeding and gave him a warning for not having hood pins on his carbon hood and said it was a road hazard or can be a distraction if it popped off.

stupid cop... "a distraction"? well no shiznit! it's a hood! haha. cops tend to suck around here too. they juss aren't that bad. mostly citations for exhaust, "too low", and other stupid crap like that.

one time my homie got pulled over and the cop gave him a ticket for loud exhaust,speeding and gave him a warning for not having hood pins on his carbon hood and said it was a road hazard or can be a distraction if it popped off.

maybe he got harrassed because he is a "Homie"

maybe he got harrassed because he is a "Homie"

:laugh: He should just tell the cop that Porsche Carrera GT's have an entire carbon body and doesn't use hood pins. I've seen some carbon fiber hoods actually fit just as good as stock.

my "homie's" CF hood for is hatch had no pins, and worked juss find. never had a problem (then is car got jacked @ quaker stake). another friend's stock hood flew up, simply because he's an idiot. his car got totalled!!!

my "homie's" CF hood for is hatch had no pins, and worked juss find. never had a problem (then is car got jacked @ quaker stake). another friend's stock hood flew up, simply because he's an idiot. his car got totalled!!!

it is complicated, but on my friends cfhood, we drilled the holes, and bolted it in. took us an hour and a half, but we spent most of the time screwing around.

yes, my comp froze and i hit the send button a second time... oops :)

• 2 weeks later...

I BROKE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS

in january 2004 a cop gave me a ticket for doing 79 in a 50.

SOMEHOW in a 94 saturn sl1 (which is the old body style, SOHC. and it was an auto) i went from 0-80 mph in under 1/8 a mile and while going uphill.

if someone can explain how that happened they deserve the nobel.

its not physically possible. the saturn does like 65 in the 1/8 i believe. let alone an auto going uphill.

and the hill was a hill on the road just to go up and over 3 or 4 train tracks next to a ford plant. so i was at the middle of the bridge at the top when he passed me. and i looked down and my speedo said 53-54 mph.

so thats some of the BULL that the cops around here pull. the magic number. 29 MPH over. the highest fine you have to pay without it having to go to court for being the 30+ mph over to call it reckless op.

the cop even told me, " i got you going 80 but i locked you into the radar at 79"

such BULL.

SOMEHOW in a 94 saturn sl1 (which is the old body style, SOHC. and it was an auto) i went from 0-80 mph in under 1/8 a mile and while going uphill

you must have the 2 twin jet engines with wings on it liek solesshonda

Archived