brake pads

what is the best type of brake pad to replace the stock ones? i've found organic, semi-metallic and ceramic when searching, it seems that semi-metallic are oem replacement while organic are the higher performance direct replacement.

any comments on brake performance/life out of these different types of pads

haha, i'm on stock steelies w/ hubcaps, so i'm not too worried about the dust.

ended up going w/ oem replacement wagners w/ a lifetime guarantee thing where i can get a free set when i wear these out

• 8 months later...

As long as you didn't get Brembo Sport pads, you're fine. I got them, and they squeek to all sin and back. They only shut up when you brake really hard, or right after you washed themand the car really good. I've pulled them off and cleaned them twice also. More like for a race car!!!

its okay to bring back old threads. if he has good info to ADD to the thread then its fine with me. New info or personal experience on a product might be new info to others who will read this thread in the future.

So when a newbie asks a question that has already been discussed, such as this one, you guys can tell him to do a search and this thread will show up.

Archived