the new S2000R!!

TLontheDL

900hp, isn't it? Agh. Anyway, yeah, I think the whole S2kR thing's a hoax. Wouldn't it be an S3000? It's a GREAT idea, however... I think they should make a special production with an inline 5 or 6 (just an S2k engine and 1/4 or 1/2). Hell, why not even go V8? Oh right, it won't fit. That'd be AWESOME, though. Heh... except for the weight distribution.

As for the Corvette... I was reading through it and you hit it on the mark. Nice. An '88 Corvette just spanked your Bugatti. I love the Sledgehammer

sledgehammers are cool and all but what about the lingenfelter 427tt? 0-60 in 1.9, quarter has been run as low as a 8.99. oh yeah and its street legal and smogable. not to mention that the 02 z06 is far and away the best pure sports car under 50k, 0-60 in 3.9, quarter in 11.9, and a 1.03+g lateral acceleration.

i know this thread is WAY old, but i just had to comment on this:

the only car in existance that is faster than yours.

not true, there's a benz from 1938 thats faster..

Thats right the fastest street legal car by a production company is a corvette.

by a production company? as in chevrolet? cuz chevy didnt have anything to do with making the sledgehammer. not to mention that although thats a nice little story about the bugatti and the sledgehammer, it would NEVER happen. lets not even worry about the fact that there is only 1 sledgehammer EVER made, but lets just focus on the fact that the sledgehammer only has 2mph faster top speed. its not like it would just be able to catch up like nothing and it sure as hell woudlnt just pull away from the bugatti. oh and lets not forget, sure you could build a sledgehammer, but why would you want to spend the $400,000 that it would cost to do so? thats just ludacris, especially for a car that runs a 3.9 0-60, the exact same time the 02 Z06 runs. and only 1.3 seconds faster in the quarter. i know the lingenfelter 427tt has never been tested top speed wise, but i'm sure it would be up there with the sledgehammer. oh btw the lingenfelter 427tt puts out almost 150 hp more then the sledge hammer and runs 8.99's all day. well now that i'm done spewing facts i'd just like to say running into any of these three cars on the street is nearly impossibly, with the 427tt being the most likely.

dude...wtf. hondaforums. HONDA.

just because it's hondaforums doesn't mean everyone on here has to worship everything honda makes :rolleyes:

and to be honest, you "flaming" 92 for talking about the corvette is no different than you saying you'd love to have a 3kgt. :rolleyes:

anyway, the "review" is fake, like some people mentioned already in this thread. just look for the little details in it, and you can also question how someone how died June 15, 1986 can have a "personal take" on a 2003 S2000R. (click the link of the author of the personal take area).

Heh... it's a funny idea, though... try and make it as realistic a review as possible, and see how many people believe you. Look at that! They made up mountains of fake data and observations. I almost believed it. Until I realized that having as much free time as I do, I would have heard about the S2kR before this. And did I mention it would be called the S3000? There's even a new S2200 coupe supposedly coming out. That's right, 2.2 liters. That one oughta be sweet. :laugh:

honda said they want to release the S2200 somethime this fall. You know, the 2.2L 250hp coupe (not convertible) that is an S2000 with a CRX style hatchback...... THe pics have been all over the net now for months.

k i did a little research, its just a stroked f20 to raise displacement to 2.2 liters.. however, with more displacement comes a lower redline, it runs into piston speed problems if you try to retain the stock redline.

• 2 weeks later...

SSM(concept in 95) a.k.a SSX(revised concept in 98) = S2000

no official hp numbers were released for the SSM, but for the SSX its a 1998cc dohc vtec motor puttin out 250hp, same configuration as the s2000 which makes sense since the SSX was the concept for the s2000

• 2 months later...
It's important to remember that the 120 bhp/liter figure by Honda means for naturally-aspirated engines. Nothing supercharged or turbo'ed.

Really?

• 5 months later...

Archived