the new S2000R!!

TLontheDL

• 2 months later...

Though I won't have the bank to afford one for a while, I hope to God that it is a real article/car. 360 hp in an inline six.... I just don't know what to think, except that once I get out of college I'm going to get one (if it actually exists, and they fix the roof/tach height, as I'm 6'3"). On vettes, they're sweet, but I'm all for the hondas. 8)

If the car is real then its freakin awesome. but I never heard any talk about breaking the horsepower limit???

Seriosly, about the corvette, this car is cool and all but I really dont think it's as good as a corvette. if you want reasons then just ask.

also if you dont like corvette's becuase there are to many of em out there, then why on earth do you like hondas?

dude...wtf. hondaforums. HONDA.

anyways, how is it not as good as a c-vette? i know that the corvette is a pretty awesome car, but come on man...so is the s2000. just the regular s2000 on the market today has 240 horsepower out of a 4 cyl. engine. and stock as it comes from the factory its got the most horsepower per displacement out of any car EVER MADE! i'm not trying to flame you, but damn dude, this is a honda forums...don't crack on our cars.

I wasnt slamming the s2000 I think its a totally awesome car. Sorry if it came out that way.

But, I am A big fan of alot of other cars, namely the corvette, I wouldnt have said anything but someone else brought it up.

Ill answer your questions with a light atittude, I can see you dont want to fight and niether do I so.

The corvette performs better in every respect, acceleration and top speed, and gets the exact same gas mileage out of a much larger engine. I dont know how the s2000 handles (Im assuming well) but I do know that the vette beat out the new 4wd porshe 911 turbo whitch are renouned for there handling. I do belive the vette has a better skid pad, you also have to consider that the s2000 is almost at the maximum of what its motor will perform while remaining naturally aspirated, But the 350 in a vette can be built far beyond the 405 horse that it comes from the factory.

here are a couple factory of cars that have a higher hp/liter ratio than the s2000

2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S

1998 Porsche 911 GT2 R

also you have to consider that the corvette is alot more money.

The s2000 only has one inherent flaw where its power is, its power really comes on at the mid-8000 range but then it redlines at 9000 so its really ony a blip of power.

But dont think I dont have respect for the car its the best in its class, it totally beats out a regular z3 and a boxter s in my opinion.

i gotta agree with that. don't get me wrong, i'm too am not trying to bash here. if i were to walk into a showroom and have some wierd guy yell out "your our one millionth customer, pick anything you choose" and the choices were a corvette or an s2000, i'd pick the c-vette. even though i remain an avid honda fan, the corvette does out perform the s2000.

on the other hand, if that same guy were to say "congradulations blah blah blah...you get either a corvette or a s2000 and however much money you want to spend on performance stuff for it" i would pick the s2000. in my opinion it would be funner to trick out. and in the end you would have a bad ass car that not very many people would be able to even dream about.

of course neither one of those things are going to happen so i'll just stick with my "grocery getter" honda civic...sooner or later i'll probably trade it in for a mitsubishi 3000gt and spend all my money putting performance stuff on the mitsu...i wanna see peoples faces. :D

no hard feelings...

just the regular s2000 on the market today has 240 horsepower out of a 4 cyl. engine. and stock as it comes from the factory its got the most horsepower per displacement out of any car EVER MADE!

what about the 3.0L bugatti engine 611 hp. that's just about 204hp/litre

The buggatii was only built for top speed Its meant to be the fastest street legal car in the world.

though its fast you have to consider why, Its a QUAD, turbo w16 thats right not one, not two but four turbo's running 14lbs of boost, it also has the same hp/liter ratio sa the s2000 and its got 1001 horse power

But as long as the subject of corvette's is still lingering let me bring up the following .

Your crusing down some unimaginably straight long speed limitless highway in your brand spankin new buggatti 16/4 veyron, you pass an older corvette, then a mcalaren F1, then you pass a dauer 916 lemans oh man you've just reached your top speed 252mph (thats 406kph) nothing infront of you but signes flying by you and nothing behind you except some tired old supercars. You glance in your rear view mirror and see a white dot far in the distance, you pay no attention to it, you think "its probabaly that old peace of crap corvette you just passed you look 10 seconds later and see the unthinkable, the car, that old pushrod 350 crappy corvette has gained about half the distance he once had one you.

You look down at your speedometer, you have to blink hard to be sure but there is no mistaking it your doing slightly over 250 you look back to see if what you just saw was real, you look back and see nothing, this slows your heart rate back down to a normall pace, you stop breathing hard, look back ahead and then it all comes crashing down, IT WAS IN YOUR BLIND SPOT!!!!! you look over at the ever ganing corvette (steamed becuase the dealer told you you had the fastest car in the world). hand the guy in the vette slows down to your speed gives you a sarcastic thumbs up signal and then buries his foot in the throttle, you just got passed by a 1988 callaway sledgehammer corvette. the only car in existance that is faster than yours.

Thats right the fastest street legal car by a production company is a corvette.

if you dont belive me take a look at this,

http://www.supercars.net/Comp?sourceList=8...ist=864-440-298

Im impressed by it too, the only reason I dont like it is becuase its a show off car, built for no other reason than for volkswagen to say, "look how great we are!!!" not that there is anything wrong with volkswagen, I have a volkswagen, but I think its trying to be a slap in the face to all the other excotic car companies. ie: Ferrari, Lamborghini, tvr, lotus, mclaren" Konigssegg.

sure its nice, and expensive, and all that show-e-ness will probably get you more girls than you could ever imagine...but...what happens when a bird takes a crap on it...or when some dumb ass jealous guy keys it...or when *gasp* another car hits you.

if i had 800,000 to burn, i'd go buy a nsx, and spend another couple grand to get it to where its the best street car in florida. even though the nsx is also a exotic car, at least they've made more than a couple hundread of them.

• 1 month later...

I think it's a hoax, I haven't seen anything about it at any sites I go to. Plus, they were originally only going to make the S2000 for two years. But after the release of the 2002 S2000, I wonder how much longer it will be in production because of the small updates they did (i.e. glass rear window, chrome ring on taillights, clock....)

How do I make a thing to appear at the bottom of ym post? huh

• 2 months later...

The Honda S2000 has the most hp/liter of any naturally aspirated production car ever made. This is true.

As for the Corvette... I was reading through it and you hit it on the mark. Nice. An '88 Corvette just spanked your Bugatti. I love the Sledgehammer. Been quite a few years since I last talked about it, though. Twin turbo, right? Do you know how many of those they made?

Archived