thinking about a new car

optional187

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the supra was turbo...maybe i'd buy it as a second car. but not really interested in either since the supra is kinda dated, and i'm not a fan of nissans. especially automatics.

anyways, i've decided to keep my car for a little while longer until the 2005 year model's come out, then i'll see what looks good.

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged.

2.0 Liter supercharged

200BHP

TQ unknown

Buy that and throw a Cobalt SS crank in (stroking it to 2.4 liters)

I'll sell you the SS crank for dealer cost (dad gets 10% off dealer cost on all GM products, minus cars).

Both the WRX and RSX are really excellent choices. Personally I didn't want another 4dr vehicle so I would have to be the DD all the time - otherwise I would have totally gotten the WRX over anything.

Second to the WRX would have been a used IS300 but they didn't offer a manual trans until '02. And I probably would only have been able to afford an '01. The only down side to the RSX is that I have seen more women driving it.

I settled on the Accord Coupe cause of the lines on the car and the way they didn't put anything on the exterior of the vehicle, i.e. the antenna and other annoying things to wax around. But man now I am missing out on getting those neon windshield washer nozzles!! LOL!! bleh

Your smart for holding off for a while. There are gonna be lots of cool cars coming out within the next couple years. I don't care for the looks of the Cobalt but then again I never really cared for Chevy cars much. They are more known for their trucks.

One car that did turn my head twice was the Nomad - very stylish for a Chevy. I think that is the only vehicle besides the Corvette I would consider. Although I think its only a concept still. Plus it could turn into a cool tuner with its turbocharged 2.2L engine. Or if you want to put out some dough the VW R32 is looking better and it has AWD. You would probably be better off getting the WRX and save yourself 5k.

Sorry about the novel as a reply but I had a few thoughts.

i've actually been looking into the is300 for about a week now...just doing some research. i didn't remember anything about the is300, and didn't realize it was such a good car. that is until i raced one...and only kept up with it MUCH to my suprise.

then again, it does have a na version of the supra inline 6...

Yup, I was surprised by that too. Throw on a turbo and Dayum! I myself want a damn FD3S...1993+ Mazda RX7...that and I wanna build up my Civic, and my old beater Porsche...I need to win the lotot or something...

yeah...but a civic doesn't have anywhere near the prestige.

i'm not really looking for a race car. i just want something sporty, relatively fast (at least as fast as the gst), and dependable. i already have chicks car...i woudln't mind getting another one. if a chick would drive it, a chick would ride in it. i agree that th euro's are extremely gay. thats basically the only flaw on the exterior of the car IMO. i would get over it though.

I dunno about you, but when I first saw the IS300, I instantly thought Civic for some reason. Not surprisingly, the import crowd took to it like the Civic... bleh

EDIT: I've been thinking lately to replace the Sol. Old Buddy here is hitting 200k in about 300 miles.

You can get an option for the IS300 taillights to have a paint-matching cover over the Euro style taillights. just not many people get it. I think it looks fine. Carbon Creations IS300 The black one is cool, in the logo. The yellow and carbon one they have their products on looks horrible though.

koenigsegg...i only know of one car by them, and its EXPENSIVE like hell.

they make 2, the cc8s 550 hp supercharged v8, 0-60 in like 3.2, 1/4 in 10. and the cc8r also a superchaged v8 but with 850 or somethin running similar 0-60 but its supposed to run a 9 sec 1/4. and yes they cost a lot

as for m3.. go with techno violet with dove grey :thumbsup: its the new hotness!!

An IS300 is Japanese, not european

yeah, but did i take you're previous quote the wrong way or just not read the previous posts all the way? i've been known to do that >_<

Opinion:

Chicks car

luxury car not race car

euros are gay

nsx? way too much money for a youngin like me fool...

i'm not looking for anything brand new either, at least i don't think so. i'll probably end up fixing the few tiny things wrong with the dsm (lifter tick, pulley makes a wierd noise, slightly bent rim..thats about it) and do a whole bunch of stuff to it.

have a greddy lower intercooler pipe on the way to me right now...which will be the second actual aftermarket part that i've put on it.

Archived