S2000 Purchase

slt23

Two weeks ago (Wednesday), I went into Darcars' College Park Motor Cars, Inc. (Volkswagen * Mazda) to purchase a 2000 Silver Honda S2000 that I had seen on their website. I spent three hours with the salesman, until we were able to reach a price that I liked, $20,000. (The car had about 34,000 miles on it)

The salesman told me that in order to lock my price in and for him to take the car off the lot, I would have to pay a security deposit of $100.00. That wasn't a problem at all, I paid the deposit, signed all the necessary paperwork, and told him I'd be back with my boyfriend to pick up the car that weekend.

Friday my boyfriend and I both had the day off so we went to the dealership to look at the car. He wanted to test drive it and check it out seeing as how the car was for him. He loved it but the salesman wasn't there so we went on our way. The salesman (Arthur -- avoid him) called the next day saying he heard we came in and asked if we could go in to buy the car that day. My boyfriend and I were both working all day so there was no way we could make it in to buy the car, but I told him Monday at 5 pm after we both got off of work, we'd be in. He said ok.

Meanwhile, I asked my friend to stop by the dealership to see if the car had in fact been taken off the lot. It hadn't and it had been moved right up the curb on the road with balloons all over it. I thought I paid a security deposit to have my car taken off the lot? Guess not.

Monday around 2pm Arthur called again to see what time we'd be coming in. I told him 5 pm and that we'd be paying cash and we had everything that he had asked for.

I called a lil before 5 to make sure Arthur hadn't stepped out or anything and he answers like this, "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?" I ask him for the bad news and he says "I just sold your car! But the good news is I do have this Acura that you may like!"

Me, I was furious. I asked to speak to the manager (Al Moore) and he was like "ma'am, I dunno what you're talking about." So I hung up and went right over there.

The explanation I received was "someone wasn't paying attention and they sold your car without checking." What the hell is that bs? And then I was told that really, a security deposit means nothing. So why was I told that my car would be taken off the lot? Why did I sign a ton of paperwork saying I was buying the car? Why did I have a credit check done and everything?

At this point, I was beyond furious so I called the lady who runs Darcars (a friend of my father's) I explained my situation to her and she immediately got on the phone with the general manager. He was like "oh honey, you should have come to see me personally and told them who your father was, blah blah blah" Really though, it shouldn't make a difference who I am, or who my father is. No customer should be treated like this. He then proceeded to call his buyer to have him purchase another car for me (same, silver s2000) within the next few days. As of today, I'm still car-less.

I really don't know what I can do at this point. I'm looking everywhere for this car, so if anyone on here knows anyone who is selling one, please post here and let me know. If anyone knows who I can file a complaint with about what happened at the dealership, let me know. My lawyer's been out of town but he should be getting back to me this weekend. I don't care about my security deposit. I just want my car and I want everyone to know how lousy Darcars really is.

Do not EVER buy a car from them as all they will try to do is screw you over!!!

Really though, it shouldn't make a difference who I am, or who my father is. No customer should be treated like this.

Agreed.

Getting places in life because of who you know = pathetic.

Good luck with finding the car.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear that. Large dealerships tend to treat their customers like cattle. They basically got an offer higher than yours and told you to go **** yourself. I'm in the car busness and I see that alot. The place that I work for (L.A. Motorcars) has a Yellow 2001 S2000 with 22K miles on it and it is only $21,800. I'm not really trying to advertise, but $20,000 for an '00 with more miles is kinda high. Anyways you can check out our inventory at lamotorcars.com and the prices listed are usually the actual price (give or take $100) so there's no haggling or getting ripped off. Good luck in your search.

• 6 years later...

Two weeks ago (Wednesday), I went into Darcars' College Park Motor Cars, Inc. (Volkswagen * Mazda) to purchase a 2000 Silver Honda S2000 that I had seen on their website. I spent three hours with the salesman, until we were able to reach a price that I liked, $20,000. (The car had about 34,000 miles on it)

The salesman told me that in order to lock my price in and for him to take the car off the lot, I would have to pay a security deposit of $100.00. That wasn't a problem at all, I paid the deposit, signed all the necessary paperwork, and told him I'd be back with my boyfriend to pick up the car that weekend.

Friday my boyfriend and I both had the day off so we went to the dealership to look at the car. He wanted to test drive it and check it out seeing as how the car was for him. He loved it but the salesman wasn't there so we went on our way. The salesman (Arthur -- avoid him) called the next day saying he heard we came in and asked if we could go in to buy the car that day. My boyfriend and I were both working all day so there was no way we could make it in to buy the car, but I told him Monday at 5 pm after we both got off of work, we'd be in. He said ok.

Meanwhile, I asked my friend to stop by the dealership to see if the car had in fact been taken off the lot. It hadn't and it had been moved right up the curb on the road with balloons all over it. I thought I paid a security deposit to have my car taken off the lot? Guess not.

Monday around 2pm Arthur called again to see what time we'd be coming in. I told him 5 pm and that we'd be paying cash and we had everything that he had asked for.

I called a lil before 5 to make sure Arthur hadn't stepped out or anything and he answers like this, "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?" I ask him for the bad news and he says "I just sold your car! But the good news is I do have this Acura that you may like!"

Me, I was furious. I asked to speak to the manager (Al Moore) and he was like "ma'am, I dunno what you're talking about." So I hung up and went right over there.

The explanation I received was "someone wasn't paying attention and they sold your car without checking." What the hell is that bs? And then I was told that really, a security deposit means nothing. So why was I told that my car would be taken off the lot? Why did I sign a ton of paperwork saying I was buying the car? Why did I have a credit check done and everything?

At this point, I was beyond furious so I called the lady who runs Darcars (a friend of my father's) I explained my situation to her and she immediately got on the phone with the general manager. He was like "oh honey, you should have come to see me personally and told them who your father was, blah blah blah" Really though, it shouldn't make a difference who I am, or who my father is. No customer should be treated like this. He then proceeded to call his buyer to have him purchase another car for me (same, silver s2000) within the next few days. As of today, I'm still car-less.

I really don't know what I can do at this point. I'm looking everywhere for this car, so if anyone on here knows anyone who is selling one, please post here and let me know. If anyone knows who I can file a complaint with about what happened at the dealership, let me know. My lawyer's been out of town but he should be getting back to me this weekend. I don't care about my security deposit. I just want my car and I want everyone to know how lousy Darcars really is.

Do not EVER buy a car from them as all they will try to do is screw you over!!!

ladies and gentlemen let me tell you i've bought cars from MR. AL MOORE for years and he is honest and fair with his customers. $100 deposit is nothing for holding a car perhaps you misunderstood the selling process.maybe you should buy your new car there and see why people love him and the dealership so much.....

just relax it's only a car not the end of the world .

About the $100 did you get it back? i know you did because they don't need it.....

Mr. Moore should have kept the money and feed you and your family next time you visit the dealership bologna and chesse sandwiches and all you can drink kool-aid

he is a caring man with a heart of gold if i wasn't married and 40 years younger he would be in trouble.....

just relax baby! I don't care if six or sixteen years old the truth is never too old.....

The humor in this is that no one cares what the truth is.

people always care about the truth do understand young man...let me tell you i stumbled unto this website so i'm just telling the truth...so when you reach my age (73 ) the only

thing important is my bologna and cheese sandwiches because they don't stick to dentures...

so try to be cool and relax and and stay regular and drink more orange kool-aid....

people always care about the truth do understand young man...let me tell you i stumbled unto this website so i'm just telling the truth...so when you reach my age (73 ) the only

thing important is my bologna and cheese sandwiches because they don't stick to dentures...

so try to be cool and relax and and stay regular and drink more orange kool-aid....

HAHA! I like her!:D

Honey… I too love bologna and cheese sandwiches. The truth is I saw the Oscar Mayer wiener mobile driving around I495 just the other day. Now the truth is that is one bad ride! I live that thing... It's so cute! blink.gif

Honey… I too love bologna and cheese sandwiches. The truth is I saw the Oscar Mayer wiener mobile driving around I495 just the other day. Now the truth is that is one bad ride! I live that thing... It's so cute! blink.gif

what_the_hell_is_this_crap.jpg

IS THIS THE COUGAR THREAD NOW?!? huh

i too saw the oscar meyer weiner mobile the other day how great a fantasic mobile. I wanted to stop the guy and ask for free bologna and cheese sandwhich...

No, it's a trolls that envision being 75 year old biddies. Which is just gross IMO.

Archived