possible new turbo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you said you can weld right?...Easy grab a 1/4" thing of plate steel grab, the DP gasket from autozone, trace it on the plate steel and either use a cut-off wheel or drill a million holes along the trace, then smooth it down..Now you have a DP flange that you can put your piping to.

yeah, i can weld. thats alot of work for the flange i dont have a drill press or w.e its called

Id pay someone with a plasma to do it...

worst case scenario thats what ill do. but before i pay someone 100 dollars to make me a flange i'll go to a junkyard and spend 10-50 dollars

I guess your area is expensive, 50 bucks would get me a flange made

I made my t25 flange like that..took about 40 minutes and was free...But you're right, any type of work done by someone else in new england, you end up getting bent over on the price.

Shops near me at least charge upwards of $60 just to press in a wheel bearing if you bring them the knuckle/bearing/hub...I said F' that. Then bought a 12-ton press from harbor freight for $90.

I made my t25 flange like that..took about 40 minutes and was free...But you're right, any type of work done by someone else in new england, you end up getting bent over on the price.

Shops near me at least charge upwards of $60 just to press in a wheel bearing if you bring them the knuckle/bearing/hub...I said F' that. Then bought a 12-ton press from harbor freight for $90.

yeah its even more exp. up here in maine.

once i start fabin sh1t ill make a build thread and keep you guys posted. i decided for now ill use the ko3 just to have a lil fun with insta-boost. then upgrade to a t25 during the summer

that way i can keep it as cheap as possible, i can use stock injectors and pump. i really wont need a bov but i have a bosch bpv from the 1.8t that i can use. i did a lil research and my car should be able to handle 10p.s.i on this turbo no problem , ill prolly be in the 170whp range and like 150lbs of torque which will deff be fun for a lil while anyways

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

T25, DSM 450s, and a 1G uncrushed BOV sounds like an awesome setup. Add an eBay intercooler and run away.

i actually changed the setup a lil. i think i posted a thread on here with the direction im taking, but ill let you know

as of right now i have a t25 60 trim , cx racing fmic and piping, hf manifold, i'll be getting some high impedance 440cc injectors, 1g dsm bov, adapter plate for hf to t25, auto meter gauges, chip my po6 ecu etc etc. i already have everything lined up just waiting on money to come in. im between jobs atm so i have 0 dollars to invest in the build

Archived