Serious Steering Issue

Honda Lunacy

I'm not sure what category I should put this in so it can be redirected to proper thread if needed.

I have a 1991 Honda Accord LX with over 280k on it. I've had to replace the timing belt, alternator, radiator and thermostat, drive shafts? both sides, tie rod ends (outer) both sides, struts, springs all the way around. But the problem I am having is that when I turn right, the steering wheel will not correct itself. It will only correct itself so far and then I have to correct it manually. But sometimes when I do that the car will try to turn right. When I am driving straight the car will want to veer to the right, and I have to hold the steering wheel as if I am turning left. When I turn left, it feels like there is no power steering at all. I replaced the tires and found the inner walls of both tires on front wore down to the steel belts but hardly any wear on rest of tire, I've corrected the alighnment and everything. But I am at a loss as to what the problem is. It's been like this for over a year and hasn't changed at all. When I put on the brakes, the car will want to veer to the left. All the parts seem to be in good working condition and the ones that aren't i've replaced but still have not figured out what the problem is. If anyone has had this problem before please help me out.

I replaced the tie rod ends myself and then had the alignment done. I did notice while replacing the tie rods that the inner tie rod on the drivers side was loose in that it turned a little too easy. I have a feeling that it may have been broke or the threads stripped or something. I knew I should have replaced the inners but the outers didn't seem too bad. I will replace the inners and get another alignment and post the results.

Archived