odd goings on under the hood

ok i have a 2001 civic ex vtec.Today I was driving and everything was normal,until the engine started bogging out like the safety switch came on,I went to two shops and had it read,both came back error connect cables,blah,blah,blah, then the glove box area started clicking,and the cel kept flickering, just some random sam and dean winchester type stuff,I need help, I've been told that it might be the ecu if so plz let me know. Also would it be easier to kill two birds with one stone,if it is the ecu,to get a performance replacement granted i can ebay one for a good deal. ty in advance

in regards to a performance ecu: basic bolt on items would not require ecu replacement. forced induction or internal machining could bring about that need, anything else it would be a waste of your money and you most likely will cause your power and fuel mileage to decrease.

o.k. oem it is then 'cuz i don't plan on boosting. side note could it be the little relays that sit in front of the ecu causing that clicking noise and malfunction if so i searched both and only had results for one not the other. even sidier note how do i test the functionality of the two they have no visible wear to speak of

the throttle and intake inlet area are making this rapid clicking noise that wasnt an issuue before. also when the clicking under the dash stops and the engine bogs out i noticed that i have no guages no heat rpm speed or gas nothing works

• 3 weeks later...

well i fixed and replaced a bunch of stuff including the ecm (which has the same part #) some of the issues were fixed but there is still the issue of no instuments or inability to go over 3000 rpm (each gear) and the sputtering at hirgher rpm please if any one can help im lost

• 3 weeks later...

is it smoking any? when my headgasket blew i wasnt able to go past a certain rpm and when it did it ran like even more crap. thats probably not the issue but its a suggestion. also check your grounds like pearce said.

WELL ALL IS SAID AND DONE IT TURNED OUT THAT THE ECU NEEDED REFLASHING SO HONDA HAS IT NOW AND THE MECH TOLD ME EVERYTHING IN THE CAR WAS IN PRISTENE COND. WHICH IS A PLUS FOR A 10 YEAR OLD CAR THANKS GUY FOR ALL THE HELP HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL ON MY OTHER TOPICS THANKS AGAIN

• 1 month later...

Archived