Who makes a good remote door lock/unlock system?

OSOLMIO

Mine is part of the Crime Stopper alarm system. Works great, easy to install, and cheap. Love having remote keyless and trunk pop ability. I used thier solenoid for the trunk. Honda should have put this on the SI back in the day. Oh well.

Mine is part of the Crime Stopper alarm system. I used their solenoid. Works great, easy to install, and cheap. Love having remote keyless and trunk pop ability. Honda should have put this on the SI back in the day. Oh well.

THANKS, I'll check it out. It needs a new alarm system anyway and I wil lhave to go remote release on the trunk when the cable has stretched so far there is no more take up left in it and it is almost there.

using 3.99 ebay specials now for about a year, only problem ive had is I didnt tighten the rod stays enough so i gotta pop the panel off and tighten the set screws, other than that, they have worked perfectly

you have trunk pop

i want trunk pop

It sure comes in handy when I'm coming out to the car with an armload of stuff that's gotta go in the trunk. Makes putting the roof away a little less of a pain too.

Now I just need to get new trunk stay cylinders that will push up the lid on their own.

Has anyone installed aftermarket remote door lock/unlock solenoid mechanisms? Is there a brand that you would recommend?

Are you asking about taking a car that doesn't have power locks and installing a power lock solenoid with remote entry? If so....I did this to my wife's prism when she had it using the ebay kits. Worked great and we never had any problems with it. Took me about 3-4 hours to get installed on all 4 doors, but worked great once I was finished. My only complaint was that the remote was super sensitive and I would constantly lock/unlock the doors with the keys in my pocket. Was a good investment though for the small amount of money to be able to get kids loaded in the rain without having to manually unlock all the doors.

Are you asking about taking a car that doesn't have power locks and installing a power lock solenoid with remote entry? If so....I did this to my wife's prism when she had it using the ebay kits. Worked great and we never had any problems with it. Took me about 3-4 hours to get installed on all 4 doors, but worked great once I was finished. My only complaint was that the remote was super sensitive and I would constantly lock/unlock the doors with the keys in my pocket. Was a good investment though for the small amount of money to be able to get kids loaded in the rain without having to manually unlock all the doors.

It has power door locks but not remote power door locks.

Seems like he wanted something to remotely lock and unlock his doors. Every car alarm on the market does this, as well as deters thieves.

Oh OK? wacko.gif So did you not see where I wrote that this is exactly what I installed including the trunk remote solenoid? Either I am being thicke or you didn't read the entire thread. In any case, it's not important. Nice nearly communicating with you. laugh.gif

• 4 months later...

Archived