B18c1

EDDIE Z

i think you should buy it and go vtec.. i mean you have a perfectly working engine in your car, so you could actually build this LS for LSvtec and not have to be in a rush because you dont have a car to drive.. that way you do everything correctly and dont have to worry about it going boom..

LSvtecs arent reliable because people do what jesse said.. they just slap a vtec head on it and think they have a LSv.. they do but then again they dont after about 50,000ish miles..

id go with bens advice and research it through honda tech.. they have alot of good writeups, theyre just douchknuckles :dry:

Thnx alot you guys for your input its bin helpful right now I do want to buy the engine. And like you said Brain I do have a reliable car now I dont have to slap it on right now I can wait build it and do a good job with it and get vtech goin.

alot of ppl think that they can just put the head on and they have lsvtec...... there is alot of work to do if you do it. but you have to build the block if you dont then yea it will not last. the stock part in b18b1 and b18b are not made for 8500 rpms. if you do that then bye bye motor. if you do want to do a lsvtec im sure there is a thread in here about how to do it or start a new one

exactly

i HAD an entire write up with prices and parts saved on my computer. but i think i deleted it....let me go look

yeah i still have it. pm me your email address and ill send it to you

exactly

i HAD an entire write up with prices and parts saved on my computer. but i think i deleted it....let me go look

yeah i still have it. pm me your email address and ill send it to you

PM sent.

replied. so does anyone want me to post the stuff up on here too?

eh fk it i will anyways

actually nvm i wont because i got it from here. i just did a little editing. and i have prices on mine. here is the link i used

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?/topic/22590-how-to-lsvtec-bywhoever-wrote-this-originally/

if it's gonna be rebuilt..why not buy a high mileage one that has bad rings for practically nothing..? mileage makes no difference on the engine if you're going to rebuild it..Sure it does on the trans but ideally you'd want to get a b16/gsr trans..

if it's gonna be rebuilt..why not buy a high mileage one that has bad rings for practically nothing..? mileage makes no difference on the engine if you're going to rebuild it..Sure it does on the trans but ideally you'd want to get a b16/gsr trans..

this is true and the trans you dont want that ls bc it sucks so bad i would do a gsr a little more over the b16 trans just bc you are going to have power off the line so you dont want to go though your gears as quick. and b16 trans are shorter gears than on a gsr

if you can find one cheaper go for it.. and just get the longblock, ls trans are full of fail!

id go for a b16b tranny, shorter than gsr but longer than a b16a tranny and has LSD, full of WIN

i had a b16 transmission on my ls/vtec. i hated it with a passion.

gears are way too short and highway cruising at like 75mph and 5k rpm was gay.

talk his price down a bit, get it, b16 head, toda vtec killers and youre set.

ls/vtecs are very reliable too. i let a few friends drive mine hard as fukk and they bounced it off the rev limiter a few times pretty bad.

never had one problem with it except it burned a little oil, but thats common for them.

replied. so does anyone want me to post the stuff up on here too?

eh fk it i will anyways

actually nvm i wont because i got it from here. i just did a little editing. and i have prices on mine. here is the link i used

http://www.hondaforu...his-originally/

Thnx man :thumbup: I am gonna try and get him down on the price and yes I prob will do a full rebuild of the engine it has 125k not bad but I'm not in a rush to slap it on the hatch so I can take my time and rebuild should be fun and a good learning experiance. I'm not sure what trans to go with b16 or gsr they both sound good. Thnx alot for your guys oppinions helps out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys well the update is that I'm finally getting the engine he dropped the price from 800 to 400. And I'm going with the B16a head but what should I do with trans GSR or B16?

well more city but it will be my daily so what's more reliable again the motor will not be getting a beating lol just something nice and quick.

vtec not vtech. :)

Yes vtec sorry haha. And GSR it is I'm moving this all to my build thread so check for updates there thnx for all your input so far :D

Archived