B18c1

EDDIE Z

Hello again everyone quick question I met up with an old buddy of mine who is into hondas and wants to sell me a B18c1 with trans for 800 bucks straight up gonna go look at it tomorrow the engine has 120K miles should I get it I know its cheap but for that manny miles my car has 108k right now what you guys think???

i would pick it up but what is wrong with it. does it burn oil is the trannys good does it knock i mean there is alot of question i would ask but still not a bad price and it will be better than a d if that is what you hvae now

if it was anyone but someone you know I would run away now. b18c1 running full drop out with 100k-ish miles should be in the 2-2.5k range. anything less then that and the motor has serious problems, is stolen, or the guy is your best friend.

hell, pearce went to look at a b18c1 he found on CL near him for 1k and nearly got jumped.

if it was anyone but someone you know I would run away now. b18c1 running full drop out with 100k-ish miles should be in the 2-2.5k range. anything less then that and the motor has serious problems, is stolen, or the guy is your best friend.

hell, pearce went to look at a b18c1 he found on CL near him for 1k and nearly got jumped.

Yeah u can never be to carefull I always take 3 ppl wit me on CL things haha. and no I'm asking around on this guy and checking the motor for everything. the guy is an old freind from High school.

thats cool i mean i dont want you to pay that much and it be a bad motor but.............. if there was something wrong with it if its not to bad then you are still getting a really good deal

Hey guys sorry for the huge confusion the motor is a B18b1 lol sorry it has the trans mounts everything stage one clutch included. its in good condition no leaking oil or burning no knocking either. I have a pic but my phone is being lame I cant get the pick up.

dang that sucks i mean they are dirty cheap like b20. i would say the call is up to you. but if you buy it i would also look for a gsr head or b16a head and do a ls vtec. or build that motor and boost but i would do lsvtec.

dang that sucks i mean they are dirty cheap like b20. i would say the call is up to you. but if you buy it i would also look for a gsr head or b16a head and do a ls vtec. or build that motor and boost but i would do lsvtec.

I would def build it man is that a good price for all that only 800 and i got someone would do the swap dirt cheap and yeah I would def build it up right now I have a D15z1 sloooow lol great gas milage though haha.

id pick it up, then rebuild it. dont do a lsvtec though. they dont last much past 50,000 miles

lsvtecs are reliable if you build it right.. alot of people do them wrong and thats why they pop soo soon.. there are a few guys out here that have LSvtecs and CRvtecs that have been running them for year or so

So I shouldnt do vtech? why is it that it does not last long? Well I have two weeks before I buy the engine so I have plenty of time to think about it.

Here is a quick pic

sni9eo.jpg

lsvtecs are reliable if you build it right.. alot of people do them wrong and thats why they pop soo soon.. there are a few guys out here that have LSvtecs and CRvtecs that have been running them for year or so

alot of ppl think that they can just put the head on and they have lsvtec...... there is alot of work to do if you do it. but you have to build the block if you dont then yea it will not last. the stock part in b18b1 and b18b are not made for 8500 rpms. if you do that then bye bye motor. if you do want to do a lsvtec im sure there is a thread in here about how to do it or start a new one

Venture to the land of Honda-Tech, there is likely a how-to on doing it.. people there can give you definite pro's and con's, just don't act like a retard and they won't treat you like one.

So I shouldnt do vtech? why is it that it does not last long? Well I have two weeks before I buy the engine so I have plenty of time to think about it.

i think you should buy it and go vtec.. i mean you have a perfectly working engine in your car, so you could actually build this LS for LSvtec and not have to be in a rush because you dont have a car to drive.. that way you do everything correctly and dont have to worry about it going boom..

LSvtecs arent reliable because people do what jesse said.. they just slap a vtec head on it and think they have a LSv.. they do but then again they dont after about 50,000ish miles..

id go with bens advice and research it through honda tech.. they have alot of good writeups, theyre just douchknuckles :dry:

Archived