My EK Hatch Build

chris_agu28

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookn Fresh Yo.. Good Job

Appreciate it. Your del sol went from beaten up to MINTY fresh. It looks freaking clean.

I am keeping the car. I am deciding if I wanna source 99-00 front end parts mainly cause those exact parts on my car are messed up and need a paint job. I am making a list of all the parts I need to get this going. My next order from majestic honda will look like I robbed them. haha.

Appreciate it. Your del sol went from beaten up to MINTY fresh. It looks freaking clean.

I am keeping the car. I am deciding if I wanna source 99-00 front end parts mainly cause those exact parts on my car are messed up and need a paint job. I am making a list of all the parts I need to get this going. My next order from majestic honda will look like I robbed them. haha.

if you have a tight budget id deff go with the 99-00 front end...

the JDM front end looks nice and all.. but almos 1000 bucks for a bumper which only difference from yours is the fact that it has moldings?? cmon lol

Yeah really. The 99-00 one looks a bit more aggressive, fresher, and in better condition then mine. The hardest thing is finding someone parting out a whole 99-00 cause I also want to do the dash swap for the sweet double din radio slot. I also am looking for a 96-98 ex part out cause I will be doing the power options swap. I love power windows and locks and mirrors. Its one of the things to do on my parts list. like i still need that little clip that holds the cup holder lid down. mine is missing. so yeah. I got BIG plans for this car. just money and finding the parts are the hardest thing right now. anybody parting out a 96-98 ex or basically any ek let me know. I cant wait to get this project rolling.

I am going to take my time. I gotta force my self to cause I have a tendency to rush things and forget something small like a stupid L bracket this swap or something.

if you have a tight budget id deff go with the 99-00 front end...

the JDM front end looks nice and all.. but almos 1000 bucks for a bumper which only difference from yours is the fact that it has moldings?? cmon lol

what the fukk are you talking about?

what "jdm" front end are you referring to on the 96-00 civics?

you said to get a whole jdm front end, what other things are different other than side markers and bumpers?

i said get the whole 99-00 front end... its the SI front end which is a lot cheaper than the one with moldings (JDM)

screw the jdm sh1t. its worth less. just spend the cash on the motor. and turbo the h22. or get a brake/suspension upgrade

Yeah you got the right idea. I putting most of the money into the motor and I will start building it back to oem spec shortly. But right now I am trying to figure which bearings and rings I need to order. I am trying to use the stupid chart in the service manual to find the correct bearing colors I need. Its not helping and a tad bit confusing. If anybody knows about what I am talking about then please lend a hand.

Statis update on parts. A friend of mine in ga is in desperate need of a h22 throttle body and he is going to trade a minty set of ek manual pedals brake clutch and throttle just in case and I send him the throttle body. I was going to get a bigger one anyways so its really no loss to me. Now I need a b series tranny, shiftklinkage, axels, and ecu and h2b kit and little nick nack parts and I should basically have everything I need for the swap.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright huge update. In plan simple reasons the h22 project went south. various reason. I did get a 32 widescreen out of trading left over parts. but I am still doing the auto to manual and i am going with a B18B1 ls. My friend has ek b series parts left over from his type r like hasports, axels, linkage, ecu, etc he is going k series. I am picking up the b18 tonight. I will snap pics and I might go ls vtec. debating. Sorry to get peoples hopes up. Plus i might pick up a 240sx as a toy. the drifitng bug has bite me once and i keep wanting to go back to 240sx's this one will be my 4th one. Maybe i should just stick with my honda for a while.

and dont worry I will update as I go. and even include pics

So crossed off the to-do list

Rebuilt and fixed door locks.

Getting ready to paint front end.

Got a new stereo (tape player wasnt cutting it)

I am thinking if i can remember anything else..

Alright huge update. In plan simple reasons the h22 project went south. various reason. I did get a 32 widescreen out of trading left over parts. but I am still doing the auto to manual and i am going with a B18B1 ls. My friend has ek b series parts left over from his type r like hasports, axels, linkage, ecu, etc he is going k series. I am picking up the b18 tonight. I will snap pics and I might go ls vtec. debating. Sorry to get peoples hopes up. Plus i might pick up a 240sx as a toy. the drifitng bug has bite me once and i keep wanting to go back to 240sx's this one will be my 4th one. Maybe i should just stick with my honda for a while.

and dont worry I will update as I go. and even include pics

So crossed off the to-do list

Rebuilt and fixed door locks.

Getting ready to paint front end.

Got a new stereo (tape player wasnt cutting it)

I am thinking if i can remember anything else..

aww what happened to the h22? i woulda loved to see that....

lsv is good as well just gotta do it right or else youre fcked lol

Well I hate being indecisive but things are leaning towards more of a ls turbo. the parts are easy to cross and right now i am budget building and i keep reading negative things about ls vtec. I got my motor. I will post pics for you pic whores.... I got the whole deal for 340 from a 91 integra. i know i know before you blow up the thread about obd0 and my car is obd2a i got this covered and swapping the motor to obd1 and running a obd2a to obd1 ecu adapter. I am just gather parts and selling off the parts I dont need. My Hp goal is 250hp I dont see why I cant get this kinda power with a decent setup and a good tune. I am deciding how I wanna tune it. any recommendations for tuning software/hardware.

Here are the pics. Dont worry the tranny is swapping to a hydro one.

2010-05-02160909.jpg

2010-05-02160924.jpg

2010-05-02160934.jpg

2010-05-02161020.jpg

2010-05-02161438.jpg

Tranny code

2010-05-02161451.jpg

2010-05-02161511.jpg

my axles too

2010-05-02161551.jpg

The ecu attached to it

2010-05-02161645.jpg

I hate changing plans but somehow this all worked this way.

the thing about lsvtec is that a lot off people say its cheap for a fast build... but it really isnt, its very delicate and if you dont put the money and effort into it.. it may result very unreliable...

as for turbo ls...what can i say...i personally wouldnt do it, why? because i would miss the sound of vtec cracking lol

if i were to go for a cheap turbo build id either go for a boosted D series or a boosted b16... BUT thats MY personal preferences...

since you got a pretty good deal on this.. id say go ahead try it out see if you like it... try not to be so udecisive, thats where you find yourself wasting a lot of money and not doing a lot of progress on your car haha...

the thing about lsvtec is that a lot off people say its cheap for a fast build... but it really isnt, its very delicate and if you dont put the money and effort into it.. it may result very unreliable...

as for turbo ls...what can i say...i personally wouldnt do it, why? because i would miss the sound of vtec cracking lol

if i were to go for a cheap turbo build id either go for a boosted D series or a boosted b16... BUT thats MY personal preferences...

since you got a pretty good deal on this.. id say go ahead try it out see if you like it... try not to be so udecisive, thats where you find yourself wasting a lot of money and not doing a lot of progress on your car haha...

yeah i know but out all my hondas i have never had vtec and i riding in a h23 swapped hatch and it was pretty quick then a boosted ls eg hatch and that thing knocked my socks off. I wouldnt mind vtec but this is a budget build and I could possibly flip the car for one with vtec and boosting a d series is scary. have you seen the rods? toothpicks my friend.

B16 is pretty expensive and for roughly the same price i can go gsr. Maybe one day I will own a vtec powered honda.

vtec isnt all that important if you boost. so dont worry. the d series rods arent really the weakness, its the rod bolts.

a b16 shouldnt be anywhere near expensive as a gsr.

anyways since your boosting the b18a1, have the head ported and such. that is the big restriction factory on the a1 motor. the more you put into making that motor and head flow better, the more hp youll get at a lower boost level. you'll definitely need aftermarket rods and pistons. go 8.3:1 or somewhere in that range. that will allow you to run higher boost levels at teh same octane rating.

-bigger injectors

-new clutch

by know im sure you know the whole deal lol.

but first thing first, get that head ported asap. there is a guy here around town driving a boosted b18a1 teggy and he jumped from 233 to 256 hp just from a good head port/polish. never changed anything else

true that ^

and i know vtec isnt really all that important if you boost... its just my personal preference like i said :laugh:

either way whatever you do with your car im sure its going to be awesome... its an ek hatch its already freaking awesome lol

Thanks guys, i am glad you guys are supporting the build and yeah its pretty Badass that its a ek hatch. Damn i didnt think the a1 head was that restrictive. Well right now i am on budget build so the plan is to boost the stock block but upgrade the rod bolts since i already know the b18a1 and the d series has the SAME bolts. sad isnt it. but later on it decide to stay b18 i can buy a spare ls bottom end and get the works done then swap it in.

but for now i am will boosting the stock block but and since i am on budget build i will probably swap the motor in as is now since i know it runs and i even drove it before taking it out, and gather my parts for the boost project. it makes it so i can enjoy the b series a bit more plus save money for a decent turbo, i dont wanna go cheap on one. plus my auto tranny is just about had it with me. so the sooner i can it get it out the sooner i can sell the d series for some turbo money.

now question for you guys.

since the ls has longer gears and i dont have much of a rpm band since the red line is 6500 possibly 6700 for the ls. should i get a hydro ls tranny so i can hold in the boost longer or get a gsr tranny since it has shorter gears and possibility of lsd but has less time while boosting?

btw my whp goal is 250. that is all i want and from what i read 250 is pretty easy to get and still be reliable. i am not asking much just a fun b series dd.

to be honest... i dont know quite a lot about turbo... if it were N/A id go gsr tranny for the lsd

since youre boosting lsd isnt really all that important IMO

cant really help you on that one.. im sorry, but id rather be honest than feed you some bs information..

yeah when it comes to buying the tranny i will make the decision. and thanks lina for the comments.

I finally pulled the motor out the truck, got off the harness, dizzy, tranny, about to get the intake manifold off and i will swap a obd 2 intake, dizzy and use my civic injectors and get a hydro tranny so i can get it into the civic and later boost it. i will rewire the alternator and get everything else working. I cant wait. I am doing my homework every night on this project. I will ensure I am totally prepped when it comes to getting this motor going. plus i gotta do a auto to manual swap on top of it. I am totally ready for this. haha.

Archived