White smoke

I just got a b20 after my b18c5 gave way. After running in for 1 week, notice that white smoke been coming out from muffler. What's the cause? Replace my valve guard also. Was told by fello DS owners that it could be piston ring, but had that checked. And my check engine light keep's coming up. Is it norm for water temp to rise to halfway mark if I've been driving hard like 110km/h for 20mins?

White smoke indicates coolant. So I would wager to say your head gasket is blown. Drain your oil and check for coolant in it, and do the same with your coolant (checking for oil). Also that front bumper is very displeasing to the eyes (imo of course)

PS 110kph is the highway speed limit here. I am usualy doing about 120kph-130kph for extended time frames, and if im in the desert i am usualy doing 175kph for hours at a time on the long straight stretches (100-200 miles), and my coolant never goes beyond 1/2 way.

yah if it was a ring it would be burning oil and is most of the time a darker blue color.. sometimes mistaken for black

i would def. check to see if oil/coolant are mixing

and i kinda like the bumper.. its different.. and the yellow looks suprisingly not bad

and of course you could just check what light its throwing

IF it is the head gasket I would seriously consider replacing the timing belt and water pump while your at it

• 3 weeks later...

yah if it was a ring it would be burning oil and is most of the time a darker blue color.. sometimes mistaken for black

i would def. check to see if oil/coolant are mixing

and i kinda like the bumper.. its different.. and the yellow looks suprisingly not bad

and of course you could just check what light its throwing

IF it is the head gasket I would seriously consider replacing the timing belt and water pump while your at it

Hi, my car is working fine right now. It's the piston ring. My bumper is customised and it's lime green. Im from Singapore. My set-up is B18 head n B20 lower block. I wanna do more to have more HP. What should I do? I'd prefer NA. 4-1 extractor, straight thru with Apexi N1 muffler is my exhaust.

Thanks

hmm go fast for NA..

do some work on your head! valves, valve springs, retainers, more aggressive cams, cam gears, port and polish..

maybe a bigger throttle body, better intake manifold or some ITBs, CAI or SRI if you dont have one.. higher compression pistons, better connecting rods..

there is alot you can do, just depends on what your budget looks like..

hmm go fast for NA..

do some work on your head! valves, valve springs, retainers, more aggressive cams, cam gears, port and polish..

maybe a bigger throttle body, better intake manifold or some ITBs, CAI or SRI if you dont have one.. higher compression pistons, better connecting rods..

there is alot you can do, just depends on what your budget looks like..

HI Brian,

thanks for your recommendation. I've done P&P, skim my head, blitz open pod air-filter with fat tummy, rest is stock. I'm on a tight budget. Any brands to recommend>? My friend just change his TB to 70mm, 390cc injector, Jun STage 3 Cam, 85mm Wiseco Piston, Apexi Power FC, dyno tune to 230hp NA. Cool.....

Any idea where I can get used performance parts and have i ship to Singap0ore? Or at least any garage in TexaS?

tHANKS

Archived