your opinion about Nitrous

68 members have voted

1. 1. your opinion about Nitrous

• Is Nitrous safe, You would use it?
    • Is it dangerous, You would not use it?
    • Do not know much about it?

Hey I want to know whats everyones opinion concerning Nitrous or (NOS) as most people call it. Cause I've notice in other forums and even with my costumers that there is a lot of questions regarding this Precious or Dangerous Gas.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nitrous is only dangerous, if used improperly, and b/c it is a pressurised bottle. it IS NOT flammable! it boosts the O2 level in the cumbustion chamber, just like a turbo or a SC. puting it under pressure on the compression stroke breaks apart the compound, and adds more oxygen for combustion, and that needs to be matched with more fuel. more fuel plus more air plus spark=more power.

• 4 weeks later...

my friend has a accord that has 2 count em 2 bottles of Nitrous the NOS brand and he hasnt had any problems with it that i know of and since i put them in his car i dont think he will. i mean it can be dangerous if u dont know how to use it. but if u do it hella awsome

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm an all motor guy, but I guess nitrous is cool. Let me give you an example about it being dangerous: I was running at palmdale, and you drag racers know how everyone turns off their motors and pushes their cars? Well, this guy turned his off, and, unbeknownst to him, the whole time his motor was off, his nitrous solenoid was stuck open......physics 101 here: Spark+way too much N20 in the intake mani= boom. Dude was okay, but his head came right off the block, and his hood landed about 10 feet away. I'll stick with all motor. It kinda goes along with the whole reason most (well, some) of us got into hondas anyway.

• 5 months later...

I had a NX kit for a year and I loved it... U just have to limit yourself on how much and when u use the nitrous. If u use it none stop everystoplight well ur limiting ur engines lifespan... Also you have to make sure that ur feul system is working properly, it is always nice to get a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure gauge... Don't forget the air/fuel ratio gauge either these 3 will help adjust and tune ur fuel system and u can keep a close eye on how ur motors recieving fuel... I bought my first dry NOS kit from a friend and called NOS up to get the correct jet sizes for my motor. They told me it was impossible to run a 75 shot in a b18b or else I would blow it up instantly. I told them I had a friend which i bought the kit from same motor that used over 5 bottles with a 75 shot and his car is still running fine.. They hung up on me... Well I was going to find out what jets i needed to make a 75 shot for my motor on the 3rd time I was hung up again.. That was 3 strikes NOS is out.. I went to my local NX dealer and talked to him and told him the story, he called Jeremy from NX the guy from NX that u would see at NOPI events and asked him he laughed and I switched my dry kit over to a wet kit that day.. 2 months later I met Jeremy at NOPI in STL, MO and he took all of my NOS stickers off and replaced them with NX... I have had no prblems with NX and they helped me out and more... AWESOME guys and the best REAL HP readings unlike other companys... Proof in magazines in the past on nitrous.... ZEZ is the safest though cause it shuts ur system down if ur not running the right amount of fuel but hey if u race u break. MY 2 cents.

fawk NOS :nuke:

• 3 weeks later...
nitrous is only dangerous, if used improperly, and b/c it is a pressurised bottle. it IS NOT flammable! it boosts the O2 level in the cumbustion chamber, just like a turbo or a SC. puting it under pressure on the compression stroke breaks apart the compound, and adds more oxygen for combustion, and that needs to be matched with more fuel. more fuel plus more air plus spark=more power.

:D Nice civic it looks just like mine

It's all about the person at the wheel, I've tinkered with Dry systems before and they are, as far as I can tell, pretty safe. As long as you purge when necessary and don't run you're engine to hell, it'll be okay. I know a few dumbcraps who have let the gas sit inside the engine and when they crank it the next morning, well you know the story.

I myself would never buy it though, cause like I said it's all about the person at the wheel, and I'm not looking forward to any engine problems.

• 4 weeks later...

i heard taht using nitrous on your car is damaging the motor badly, like it hurts your entire head and weakens all the seals and piston rings. But if you have a fully built motor with all new aftermarket parts(i.e. forged crank, pistons rods, and a built head) would you be alright in running nitrous in your car and still run fine all around???

• 1 month later...

Ive heard all the usual vicious remarks etc like "Bottles are for babys" but even with just 50 on mine , they say that as their being left trailing in whatever turbo theyve got.

Ive got 1 mate in a Supercharged VW Corrado running a 150 Shot & another whos going to be running a 200 shot into his SR20DE very soon (Almera) ! w00t . Once uve seen either of them 2 lol , the term baby doesnt come into question after see'in them 2 run.

heard the "poormans turbo" before aswell , which really doesnt make sense, cos making the engine strong enough to take large N20 shots costs more than a Supercharger or Turbo conversion

nitrous is like a like a really hott girl with an std. you want to do it, but your afraid of the aftermath.

hahaha thats signature worthy, i think i might just use it.

nitrous still is still no good. yeah, notice how your friends need to use the nitrous to BEAT that supercharger or turbo.

Ive heard all the usual vicious remarks etc like "Bottles are for babys" but even with just 50 on mine , they say that as their being left trailing in whatever turbo theyve got.

Ive got 1 mate in a Supercharged VW Corrado running a 150 Shot & another whos going to be running a 200 shot into his SR20DE very soon (Almera) ! w00t . Once uve seen either of them 2 lol , the term baby doesnt come into question after see'in them 2 run.

heard the "poormans turbo" before aswell , which really doesnt make sense, cos making the engine strong enough to take large N20 shots costs more than a Supercharger or Turbo conversion

Hmm. I'd LOVE to see your NOSd out acr take on a well built FD3S or MKIV Supra. What's taht about leaving turbos behind? For how long until your squeeze runs out? They wont wait while you drive back to the shop to buy more.

Why wasn't "I think its homosexual" listed as a poll choice?

Hmm. I'd LOVE to see your NOSd out acr take on a well built FD3S or MKIV Supra. What's taht about leaving turbos behind? For how long until your squeeze runs out? They wont wait while you drive back to the shop to buy more.

Why wasn't "I think its homosexual" listed as a poll choice?

Probably just differences over distance :). You lot have long roads to make that possible, long races over here just aint advisable since we dont have straight roads or empty ones at that. The Supra or FD3S (Not entirely sure what that is lol , Sounds familiar though, RX-7 ?) fair enough could keep on going but the only distance that gets the attention over here is 440 yards , what happens after that doesnt matter

Archived