your opinion about Nitrous

68 members have voted

1. 1. your opinion about Nitrous

• Is Nitrous safe, You would use it?
    • Is it dangerous, You would not use it?
    • Do not know much about it?

every 4 cylinder that I ever saw use NOS, evenyually blew up from excessive piston scuffing or Had seviour rod knocking. Those motors just can't handle it. Now, if you got a v6, they are usually bigger blocks and make more power to hold NOS.

Id stay away from the gas.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nitrous is like a really dope girl with an STD

you wanna hit it..but your afraid of the consequences

Somebody has said that one before. I actually think someone used that quote in their siggy somwhere. Regardless, it's still funny. So would it be safer if you put a big condom on the nitrous bottle?

I heard of a guy at the night races around seattle that decide to heat up the nitrous bottle with a torch before the race and his engine caught fire right off the line. But thats the only time i think that nitrous could be dangerous. As long as your not an idiot about it it's fine.

Somebody has said that one before. I actually think someone used that quote in their siggy somwhere. Regardless, it's still funny. So would it be safer if you put a big condom on the nitrous bottle?

ya that quote is very old

i had it in my AIM profile like 2 years ago..i think i got it off a dodge neon forum(<owned an Rt)

but ....u can put a block gaurd on your enigne...that might b as helpfull as a condom :thumbsup:

<<will be able to shoot 150 shot of nitrous once my enigne is finsish

I heard of a guy at the night races around seattle that decide to heat up the nitrous bottle with a torch before the race and his engine caught fire right off the line. But thats the only time i think that nitrous could be dangerous. As long as your not an idiot about it it's fine.

the engine blowing up wasn't a result of heated N2O. the kid was a complete idiot thinking he could beat a 10 second banshee and using a torch and smoking a cigarette at a gas station.

• 1 month later...

I've heard of them being that fast, damn. I had a friend just like the ricer that was just posting here- all juice? he had a 1.6 soch vtec, and intake, exhaust, headers, the usual. I beat him in a 1/4 mile and I was running completely stock. anyway, he wasn't running nitrous at the time, he was empty. he claimed a 14.1 at the track, and I know for a fact it was closer to 14.8. he was running a 75 shot. he's all like "yea, its not even bad for the motor at all..." he blew his motor last week. piston rod in #4.

Archived