PARTS AVAILABLE!! 1993 del Sol Si - Samba Green, factory gree

EquiPro

OK. Here we go!

I am going to part out my del Sol. Here are the particulars:

1993 Honda del Sol Si

Samba green: was repainted several years ago after some hail damage - not a great paint job, but the original color. Most of the car was repainted.

One of only 800 total that has:

Factory green wheels

Factory matching spoiler

ONE OWNER ONLY - that was me. This car, for the most part, was either in the garage or covered when not used. Until now, it has never been in a major accident. It was completely reliable.

200,00 miles on the original engine. This car was outstanding with regards to repairs....I have never had to do any major repairs on it...just wear and tear stuff like replacing the clutch, brake pads and so on. The only thing that needed repair at the time of the accident was the A/C. It had not been working well, but I don't know what was wrong with it.

Still running fine, but we aren't driving it.

Here is the link to some pictures. I took them yesterday, got as far as the driver's side door, then promptly locked all of my keys inside of the car! Today it is pouring down rain. I'll get the rest of the photos up as soon as it stops raining and I get it unlocked.

The stereo is NOT for sale.

1993 del Sol for parts photos 1

Please email me at:

EquiPro@usa.net

with questions or to buy any of the parts.

TERMS:

-First come, first serve. I will not negotiate parts or prices here on the forum, but rather by direct email or phone (which I will provide via email).

-Whoever buys is responsible for making shipping arrangements and paying for the shipping. I'll box the stuff up if I can, but transportation is on your time and dime, not mine.

-If I can, personally, get the part off without damage, then there is no charge for that. If I have to get a mechanic friend of mine to take it off, then you'll have to pay him whatever he charges me

(he's cheap and does a good job, he's just unreliable at showing up when I ask, so don't be in a rush).

-all parts are "AS IS". I'll be as honest as possible about the history, my opinion of the condition, use, wear and tear, etc of any part.

I'll take as many pics (and videos, if needed) as possible to satisfy any questions about the condition of the item, but I am NOT a mechanic, so there will be many questions that I can't answer.

-all parts, shipping and labor will be paid for, IN FULL, before they leave my house. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS, so don't ask. I will take Paypal only.

Remember, I'm not going to get into a bidding war about any parts. Whoever contacts me about a part FIRST and negotiates a price that works for me FIRST is the one who gets the part. I won't discuss prices on this forum, and I won't discuss what I sold any part for at all. I'm not in this business and I don't want this to take over my life. I know that there are parts that I would have liked for myself, so I hope that people can find things that they can't get anywhere else. I want this to be fair and people to be happy that they finally found that part that they could never find before.

Thanks!

You understand the green wheels were not factory parts, but actually dealer installed accessories. The Honda part # is 08W14-SR2-1D0F and they retailed for $205 each back in the day. These replaced the factory wheels at the dealership and did not come so equipped from the factory. I have no way to know how many were sold, but I'll bet it wasn't a large number. Hope that helps you set a price.

Normally this belongs in the Classifieds section where you need 25 posts to sell, buuuuuuut since you were on here before asking about what to do and you seem like a nice guy, I'll let it slide for now :)

Also I've been in the del Sol scene for about 7 years now and have never seen that dealer option wheel. So those are pretty rare. Find the right buyer, and you could make some good money of those.

Good luck with the sale.

Normally this belongs in the Classifieds section where you need 25 posts to sell, buuuuuuut since you were on here before asking about what to do and you seem like a nice guy, I'll let it slide for now :)

Also I've been in the del Sol scene for about 7 years now and have never seen that dealer option wheel. So those are pretty rare. Find the right buyer, and you could make some good money of those.

Good luck with the sale.

Oh, gosh. Sorry! Thanks for letting me be here! This isn't really my thing (as you can tell).

Yea, I think that it was those wheels that first caught my eye. You could see them from the interstate and I fell in love!

BTW, I'm a girl (well, a 47-year old girl :blush: )

You understand the green wheels were not factory parts, but actually dealer installed accessories. The Honda part # is 08W14-SR2-1D0F and they retailed for $205 each back in the day. These replaced the factory wheels at the dealership and did not come so equipped from the factory. I have no way to know how many were sold, but I'll bet it wasn't a large number. Hope that helps you set a price.

Wow! Thanks for the info!

I read that only 800 del Sols TOTAL came in the Samba green with the matching green wheels and the matching factory (?) spoiler, so these are rare....... :(

I'm really negotiable on all of the prices on the parts. I need to get something out of the car, but I don't want to have it sitting around forever, so it's a good time for someone needing pieces...... :(

When I said you seem like a nice guy, you notice I said "seem" meaning I knew you were a girl :)

If you're really trying to get rid of the car, try posting up on solsociety and also honda-tech.

When I said you seem like a nice guy, you notice I said "seem" meaning I knew you were a girl :)

If you're really trying to get rid of the car, try posting up on solsociety and also honda-tech.

Thanks! Will do!

Wow! Thanks for the info!

I read that only 800 del Sols TOTAL came in the Samba green with the matching green wheels and the matching factory (?) spoiler, so these are rare....... cry.gif

I'm really negotiable on all of the prices on the parts. I need to get something out of the car, but I don't want to have it sitting around forever, so it's a good time for someone needing pieces...... cry.gif

I'm sure there are probably not even close to that number with both the accessory wing AND those accessory wheels. It would have been unusual for a buyer to have selected both those dealer installed options as they would have been very expensive, given the MSRP of the car at that time. If they are in good shape, I'll bet you'll find a buyer for them at a good price. Take some good, high quality, close up photos of the wheels so anyone interested can see the condition of them.

Good luck, sorry you won't be a Sol owner any longer. You'll miss it...

Not to take away from the perceived 'rareness' of these wheels, but I see everyday a rusted out heap of a samba sol with a factory spoiler on it and these same wheels that my work neighbors drive.

Pretty sure he bought the car for song and a dance (it does have 2987293478 miles on it and rust holes big enough to stick your fist in).

Rare item values are based on popularity. Just because it is rare doesn't make them worth more money then other similar items. I have no doubt you will get your money back out of this but don't expect to get rich.

Not to take away from the perceived 'rareness' of these wheels, but I see everyday a rusted out heap of a samba sol with a factory spoiler on it and these same wheels that my work neighbors drive.

Pretty sure he bought the car for song and a dance (it does have 2987293478 miles on it and rust holes big enough to stick your fist in).

Rare item values are based on popularity. Just because it is rare doesn't make them worth more money then other similar items. I have no doubt you will get your money back out of this but don't expect to get rich.

Exactly. In my mind, something is only worth what one person is willing to pay for it and what the other is willing to sell it for. I didn't make the numbers available of the green wheels. Personally, I've never seen another Samba green del Sol with both the green wheels and the spoiler, but that really means nothing. I couldn't bring myself to have them haul my car away, and I remembered how hard it was for me to just find a little piece that would keep one of the air vents from wiggling. I figure that I can give people the opportunity to have some '93 parts and, in that way, my car is doing just a bit better than sitting in some junkyard rusting away. I don't figure I'll make a fortune, rather, since I don't know how to take most things off or apart, I might break even. But I'll get a few bucks in my pocket and my car parts will make it into the hands of those who want and need them. Seems like a good way for me to go... :happy:

Oh, gosh. Sorry! Thanks for letting me be here! This isn't really my thing (as you can tell).

Yea, I think that it was those wheels that first caught my eye. You could see them from the interstate and I fell in love!

BTW, I'm a girl (well, a 47-year old girl :blush: )

They say things are better with age. ;) Haha. Goodluck with selling some parts. If I wasn't broke, I'd try to. Bump!

I'm sure there are probably not even close to that number with both the accessory wing AND those accessory wheels. It would have been unusual for a buyer to have selected both those dealer installed options as they would have been very expensive, given the MSRP of the car at that time. If they are in good shape, I'll bet you'll find a buyer for them at a good price. Take some good, high quality, close up photos of the wheels so anyone interested can see the condition of them.

Good luck, sorry you won't be a Sol owner any longer. You'll miss it...

I think I read some where that it was either 200 or 400 Samba Sol's were equipped with those rims.:wub:

Not to hurt your sale but to inform the other potential buyers. These wheels may not have originally been the rare samba green wheels. As you can tell from the pix they have been painted. you can see the over spray on the inside.

It's a possibility that they are the option access wheels from the EJ coupes. which only came in the brushed aluminum type color which were painted a close to samba paint.

Dirty example of said potential wheel.

efwheels.jpg

Not to hurt your sale but to inform the other potential buyers. These wheels may not have originally been the rare samba green wheels. As you can tell from the pix they have been painted. you can see the over spray on the inside.

It's a possibility that they are the option access wheels from the EJ coupes. which only came in the brushed aluminum type color which were painted a close to samba paint.

Dirty example of said potential wheel.

efwheels.jpg

Hi! I was pretty clear when I posted this that we had the car repainted about 10 years ago after a bad hail storm, and they guy did a BAD job. I have the original invoice (somewhere, I hope) for the car somewhere that shows that the wheels are, indeed, original factory/dealer green. I'm the original owner of the car, and bought the car, new, at Gilman Honda in San Antonio, TX in 1993.

I regret the repainting now, but couldn't afford a decent paint-job then. The person who painted it did, however, order the original color. I'll see if I have a picture of the car from when I bought it, and if I can find the original invoice somewhere.

I'll have to dig around the attic to find my original bill of sale from the dealer (which states the fact that the car has the green wheels and spoiler), but if I have to do that to settle the issue of these wheels being green when I purchased the car, new and at the dealer, in April of 1993, I will. Again, I was clear that I had the car repainted many years ago after some hail damage and the guy did a terrible job BUT the original paint color was used.

Archived