to lip? or not to lip?

Bendrums87

Sounds like a lip is just what you need.

Post up a pic of your car so we can see what you're working with.

haha well the car in my default pic is the one i am working on... but it's a HUGE work in progress... I ran into some money troubles (haven't we all) so the sol went on the back burner for a few weeks... but i posted a bunch of pics of how it started my first post .... it looks a TON better now... and I am in the process of changing out some of the exterior stuff that I had found was damaged and had been bondo'd and painted over incorrectly... but yeah... the front and rear bumpers are being replaced when i get the money

Definitely do the lip, lip kits are always a great exterior mod. Im not the one for body kits, i think they are ugly and ricey no offense to anyone that has one. But i would say get the mugen lip kit. I am going to put the mugen lip kit for my car on my ep3.

i think it's unanimous then... i just don't like full body kits cause it's so expensive and so much work involved to get damaged by road debris and curbs and all that crap... if i got a lip though I think i would fiberglass it to form the bumper instead of just being on there by itself at the bottom that way it looks like a custom body kit but it's just a lip....

LIP IT!!! the mugen lip looks good on the sol, i have a friend on post that has a championship white sol with the polyurithane "mugen" lip and it looks GREAT.. but keep it black.. IMO painted lips dont look soo great

LIP IT!!! the mugen lip looks good on the sol, i have a friend on post that has a championship white sol with the polyurithane "mugen" lip and it looks GREAT.. but keep it black.. IMO painted lips dont look soo great

agreed... i was only going to do it if I was going to paint it the same color as the car...

i just think it looks better black because it follows with the black side skirts and the black little lip on the back bumper..

l_4afc7f54d3464c33a2aa75ec0f0d4c20.jpg

2658953_30_full.jpg

^ IMO still doesnt look too good, even though that sol is fugly

but sarah is right.. it is your car and you can do what you want.. i just think it flows better when its black

i would get the rest of your car fixed first and yes leave it black type r lip is tits if its plastic leave if its fiberglass paint it..

Paint doesnt stick to plsatic very good and it fades alot easier

i just think it looks better black because it follows with the black side skirts and the black little lip on the back bumper..

l_4afc7f54d3464c33a2aa75ec0f0d4c20.jpg

2658953_30_full.jpg

^ IMO still doesnt look too good, even though that sol is fugly

but sarah is right.. it is your car and you can do what you want.. i just think it flows better when its black

haha agreed... that car is FUGLY... anyway the car will be black once i'm done with it so black factory skirts don't matter... and I agree sarah about painting it the same color cause i think it looks clean...

• 1 month later...

im the guy with the white delsol and i have the mugen style and i love it but i wouldnt paint it the same color but its your car do what makes you happy not the rest of the world

l_6dda8bd7637a4287936d66f5e4d42818.jpg

l_b14412672ccb4e3f879c6fae8abbe87a.jpg

thats just what mine looks like but i also hvae the dophin front to and i think it looks better but thats just what i think

Archived