1993 Del Sol, work in progress

Luckyzach

I've had my 93 Honda Del Sol for awhile and have'nt really added anything to it and I was wondering about any good websites that sell some good performance parts, comsetic parts, and maybe even engine swaps (cheap if possible)... I'm kinda new at the whole car thing, so any help would be appreciated.

I don't really think there's any ONE website that has got EVERYTHING for you... i search around on ebay and just google whatever i'm looking for usually but as far as engines i found this website with good low mileage engines http://www.jspecauto.com/catalog_category.aspx?cat_id=9 seems like 50k mileage and they're COMPLETE engines (or at least supposed to be) and they're supposed to have some limited testing done on them

I don't really think there's any ONE website that has got EVERYTHING for you... i search around on ebay and just google whatever i'm looking for usually but as far as engines i found this website with good low mileage engines http://www.jspecauto.com/catalog_category.aspx?cat_id=9 seems like 50k mileage and they're COMPLETE engines (or at least supposed to be) and they're supposed to have some limited testing done on them

Wow, those prices are a bit high.

Wow, those prices are a bit high.

i haven't done much researching but it depends on what motor you are wanting... I know you can find one on ebay or craigslist for next to nothing but I was looking for something with a guarantee of some sort for a few miles...

Typical price for a dohc zc longblock with trans is about $800-ish with 30-50K and a guarantee, before shipping. A few places do different things with the shipping but that is about going rate for one of the older motors.

Thanks guys, got another question though. What would be a good kind of motor for a del sol that I could swap for, that has good power and speed but also is good for driving everyday?

depends on what your starting with, how much you want to do, and where you want to go with it.

I personaly love d16z6's and y8's as they usualy have better fuel mileage, but sacrifice power.

some people love b series motors as they put out more power, but sacrfice on mileage.

If your starting with an s or si swapping a z6/y8 would be alot cheaper, however if you started with a vtec model swapping in another b would be a good route (not sure on the b series motors, not my forte')

i know about b series engines, they are FTW all day long! :p

id rather go B seeing that before i was boosted i could hang with my friends boosted D16Z6 EJ1 (92 coupe) and after my car gets its lazy ass off jackstands and gets tuned... that boosted D will be SLOW compared to the boosted B :devil:

ehh youre going to have to sacrafice either mpg or power, its kinda hard to have both

id still go with a boosted b series.. boosted d series can be fun but IMO theyre just not up to par with the H, B, or the K series engines

ehh youre going to have to sacrafice either mpg or power, its kinda hard to have both

id still go with a boosted b series.. boosted d series can be fun but IMO theyre just not up to par with the H, B, or the K series engines

Agreed, a boosted B will be worthless for fuel mileage.

Install a d16zc or a d16z6 for a little more go and still get 35mpg hwy. Each motor would run around 130hp, up from the 105hp the stock motor has. You are not going to win any races at the track but it will be enough to make driving your sol enjoyable.

Agreed, a boosted B will be worthless for fuel mileage.

Install a d16zc or a d16z6 for a little more go and still get 35mpg hwy. Each motor would run around 130hp, up from the 105hp the stock motor has. You are not going to win any races at the track but it will be enough to make driving your sol enjoyable.

If you find a good used Jackson Supercharger setup, you could boost that D to around 200hp and not affect your fuel economy much, if any, as long as you can keep your foot out of the accelerator.

my del sol has a factory b16 in it and i love it! i average 30mpg and have gotten as high as 42mpg on long distance trips. my b series was clocked in at 151whp and 110wtq bone stock and i believe 176whp and 121wtq and that's all motor. soon to be boosted like brian.

I don't see why people say b series gets horrible mileage... i'm tickled pink about my b16! :D

If you find a good used Jackson Supercharger setup, you could boost that D to around 200hp and not affect your fuel economy much, if any, as long as you can keep your foot out of the accelerator.

s/c FTL IMO

Archived