Is PC gaming fading away?

My dorm room had multiple computers in it. We were able to play quake2 as a group any time we wanted.

Same goes for my house. As needed I have at minimum 4 machines capable of running newer games at all times. If we want to go old school and play Starcraft or something I have more computers then my house can provided electricity.

I am obviously not the normal setup however.

Console gaming as a party device will always trump pc gaming. The close approximation to the people you are gaming with makes for a fun environment that cannot be matched by a computer screen. On the other hand, the majority of most peoples time is not spent in a group setting and gaming with others over the internet is a little more consistent.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To each is own wannabstuntin.

I have a huge setup as well. Console wise, I have everything from the Atari 2600 to the current machines, and believe it or not, all of them still get played to this day, anywhere from LAN parties to multiplayer parties. I also have an array of computers that will play older games to the most current games to.

Other people as in: "Hey grab a controller and lets play Madden!" instead of "I'm gonna play COD 4 on my PC, you guys do what you want".

And the large TV excuse is irrelevant. Even been in a dorm room?

yup, 4 of us would cram into the room with the rich guy who had the largest tv, then the rest would be system linked throughout hall's network. and i'm still confused as to why ppl like cod4 so much, it wasn't all that great.

idk, maybe it just isn't the game for me, i feel like the game isn't very crisp. maybe its the tv's i've played it on, but it seems like everything is always blurry. i know some games mess with the brightness, contrast, and blur to try to add realism and maybe to me they've messed with it too much.

the strange thing is i love fps, so i should really like cod4. i like cod2. my all time fav is still cs source, most likely why i'm partial to pc gaming, since its only available for the pc. i do love me some pgr3 and pgr4 though

oooh cs source... :devil:

I've been playing ooold Monkey Island on my laptop on my couch comfortably :D My smart as*ness helps with those pirates :D

i can't get enough of the gun game maps on source. everyone who plays on those servers never takes anything too seriously, and the comments ppl make are hilarious. it's like have a red vs blue convo while you play.

Hey Pballer, it is Counter Strike Source, that I have on PC, you are right, it is hella fun to play online.

yeah it is. the game is only half of it. you gotta find a server where everyone isn't shy with what they say, you can listen/join in on some hilarious convo's.

Archived