• 2 weeks later...

OK, if you don't know how Apple operates, they are legendary for keeping secrets, so a lot of the following is probably just a guess and made up and I'll tell you why. That doesn't mean it isn't going to be what ends up in the new iphone.

* 32GB and 16GB storage (up from the current 16GB and 8GB models) - Duh, of course their going to up their models to the next size increase from current.

* $199 and $299 price points to be maintained. - No reason to raise/decrease the price. they are offering more features for the same price, perfect selling point.

* 3.2-megapixel camera (up from the current 2-megapixel camera) - Yes, the next size up from the current megapixel options. no question.

* Video-recording and editing capabilities - One of the number one requests from users, to have video recording capabilities. Doesn't every other cell phone of the past 5 years record video? wtf Apple, why so late.

* Ability to send a picture & video via MMS - I thought they already added MMS with the latest software release?

* Discontinuation of the metal band surrounding the edge of the device - The latest spy shots have already shown that the outer surrounding edge is black plastic. duh!

* OLED screen - The new Zune HD has an OLED screeen, so obviously the new iphone will have one.

* 1.5 times the battery life of the current models - Well the new phone isn't going to have the same crappy battery life, so obviously we're expecting it to perform better than current models. They think we're stupid apparently.

* Double the RAM and processing power - no, really? you mean we're not going to just have the exact same RAM and processing power as current models? not even going to go there.

* Built-in FM transmitter - bout fracking time. The Zune has had FM radio since the beginning and the new Zune HD model is going to have Digital FM integrated.

* Apple logo on back will glow - gee, where have I seen this before? so ghey...

* Rubber-tread backing - Yeah, because every sucker who bought an iphone has dropped their phone at some point or had to buy an aftermarket rubber casing from eBay to prevent it.

* Sleeker design - if it wasn't sleeker, who would buy it, seriously.

* Built-in compass - There was already an app for this. Thanks apple for adding this for us.

* The camera, GPS, compass and Google map combined will identify photo and inform about photo locations - Geo Tagging, what a novel idea. Bout time you added this simple technology.

* Turn-by-turn directions - Yeah, because the GPS you used to offer was so useful before. It told you where you were, and nothing else. Welcome to the 21st century apple!

Ranting is good. LOL

i've heard good and bad things about the iphone (even the 3g). people complaining crappy battery life, things going wrong even when it was lightly bumped, glitchy. i've mostly heard this from business owners who have these phones for their employees

i've heard good and bad things about the iphone (even the 3g). people complaining crappy battery life, things going wrong even when it was lightly bumped, glitchy. i've mostly heard this from business owners who have these phones for their employees

In two years of owning two iPhones (the original and 3G) I haven't had a single problem. People expect way too much battery life out of a device that is essentially an ultra portable computer that can make phone calls.

Drew, yup i agree with all of that pretty much, you got some good points there! All the upgrades are pretty much forseable. Gotta argue with one point though, the glowing apple logo on the back will be fricking awesome!!!! I love the glowy logo on the back of my mac!

and Javy. stop teasing me.

Sorry, but I have to because I know you want it lol

Well those folks are expecting the world from this phone, the phone is perfectly fine, best one on the market by far in my opinion

In two years of owning two iPhones (the original and 3G) I haven't had a single problem. People expect way too much battery life out of a device that is essentially an ultra portable computer that can make phone calls.

Exactly! Im still getting the new Iphone :)

true, and you have to make batteries smaller in order to make the whole thing smaller. i miss how my old nokia could go over a week without a charge.

These upgrades are MEH.

Phones have had video, voice controls, autofocus cameras, and MMS for f*cking ever!

No OLED screen, no matte finish, sh*tty chrome bezel is still there, no front camera, for shame Apple.

Though I'm still getting it of course :pirate:

Actually nevermind, those bastards won't let 3G owners upgrade.

Fine print:

For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB)

I guess you can only sell so many subsidized phones before you start losing money.

I found out some awesome news!

35% Cash back on IPhone 3GS

Steps to follow:

1. Go to www.MSN.com

2. Type in the search bar "Att"

3. On the left side bar Click on "Wireless"

4. Once you click on that, the first link after the wireless seach should be AT&T's website, next to that link it says "Bing Cashback"

5. Click on "Bing Cashback" & then follow the step by step instructions, pretty much as long as you have an msn live/ hotmail account your good to go!

Basically you will get 35% on whatever model you purchase, the more expensive the more money you get back obviously, and anyone can use this even if your under contract, I highly suggest for fellow AT&T users to check the upgrade area...and see when your eligble...

Log into your ATT Wireless account, and under MY ACCOUNT, You can go to "Phone & Device" (the area that usually shows your what kind of phone you have" And you can check wnen your upgrade is eligible.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I caved in and bought the 3Gs lol, reason being is I was able to sell mine for 375.00, so it basically paid for itself. since ive been dealing with a jailbroken phone since the start, it seems was to plain to me, but I was able to transfer all my music over from my 16gb, and I now have 12GB left lol.

I found out one little helpful fact for those who want to upgrade...

As long as you spend 99.99 on your bill (Im assuming for at least 6-12 months you are eligbile for the early upgrade, I wasnt suppose to upgrade till 07/02009 so they bumped my date up since i pay at least 99.99 per month they upgraded without any additional fees.

Yeah I heard about that updated upgrade eligibility, pretty nice.

I thought it over though and decided I'm just going to wait until the NEXT iPhone to upgrade. I was really hoping for some worthwhile upgrades, but all Apple did here was modernize the iPhone with stuff that's been around since the beginning of time like voice commands and video.

• 2 months later...

Archived