rwd conversion

why would you want to convert a honda?

the amount of money that would go into the fabrication and what not for such a job could buy you a new corvette.

ehh rwd ef... no go

maybe awd if you had money flowing out of your a$$hole. but then you wouldnt have enough torque to launch like a true awd (evo, sti, quattro) so it would be pointless

• 3 weeks later...
i have a 89 civic hatch with a b18 swap, and i was wondering are there any longitudinal transmissions that would bolt up to that motor? and any ideas on rear differential, suspension and what not.

I'm sure you could make something work if you found a junked S2000 to pull parts from. If you are handy with a welder or know somebody with fabrication skills then there is always a possibility.

Hell, there's a Focus with a 351 based SBF, 8.8 SRA, and a T-56 running around. RWD eg's have been done before so I'm pretty sure it all comes down to how much you want to commit to such a project. Personally I think it would be a great way to go as you can still have a fun little car without fighting the hang-ups of FWD.

I'm sure you could make something work if you found a junked S2000 to pull parts from. If you are handy with a welder or know somebody with fabrication skills then there is always a possibility.

Hell, there's a Focus with a 351 based SBF, 8.8 SRA, and a T-56 running around. RWD eg's have been done before so I'm pretty sure it all comes down to how much you want to commit to such a project. Personally I think it would be a great way to go as you can still have a fun little car without fighting the hang-ups of FWD.

why would you want to convert a honda?

the amount of money that would go into the fabrication and what not for such a job could buy you a new corvette.

^ read highlighted

^ read highlighted

And maybe the TS doesn't want a new Vette. Ohh, there's a revelation there huh genius? I guess the fact people do spend large sums of money on a particular car they like when they could just buy another car confounds you?

I mean, who in the hell would even bother putting a turbo on a Civic when they could buy a car with a V8 and RWD instead...?

maybe they do because they like the civic. its their choice, so either help with the thread or dont post.

personally i see no point in doing a rwd conversion, it takes a lot of fabrication. but if you feel the need then by all means do it. if youre a good metal worker then that will save you a lot of time and money :)

Putting a turbo on a Civic costs much less than buying anything with a V8.

And we're not talking about making an apple that tastes better than an orange. We're talking about turning an apple into an orange when you could just buy an orange to begin with. And for much less.

EDIT: I knew I would regret opening this thread.

And maybe the TS doesn't want a new Vette. Ohh, there's a revelation there huh genius? I guess the fact people do spend large sums of money on a particular car they like when they could just buy another car confounds you?

I mean, who in the hell would even bother putting a turbo on a Civic when they could buy a car with a V8 and RWD instead...?

why would you waste, not spend, a "large sum" of money hacking apart a civic rather than building it or just buying a preferred rwd for ALOT less in the first place..

Putting a turbo on a Civic costs much less than buying anything with a V8.

And we're not talking about making an apple that tastes better than an orange. We're talking about turning an apple into an orange when you could just buy an orange to begin with. And for much less.

EDIT: I knew I would regret opening this thread.

read highlighted again noob :thumbsup:

why would you waste, not spend, a "large sum" of money hacking apart a civic rather than building it or just buying a preferred rwd for ALOT less in the first place..

read highlighted again noob :thumbsup:

yeah i can get a v8 mustang for 2500.

Because that is part of the whole "car enthusiast" thing going on. Look, there are people who could look at your list of cars and think none of them are worth a crap to sink ANY extra money into them but I'm sure you could justify reasons why you would. I personally think putting performance mods on any eco-box car is a pointless pursuit....but I understand why some folks feel otherwise. Not my money, not my car, so the only truly pointless thing here is not answering the TS's question and filling the thread with a bunch of opinions.

It's really easy to sit back and point out the flaws in someone else's rationale when it's not your money, time, or imagination being spent huh?

Because that is part of the whole "car enthusiast" thing going on. Look, there are people who could look at your list of cars and think none of them are worth a crap to sink ANY extra money into them but I'm sure you could justify reasons why you would. I personally think putting performance mods on any eco-box car is a pointless pursuit....but I understand why some folks feel otherwise. Not my money, not my car, so the only truly pointless thing here is not answering the TS's question and filling the thread with a bunch of opinions.

It's really easy to sit back and point out the flaws in someone else's rationale when it's not your money, time, or imagination being spent huh ?

not your money not your car? so you just want to set people up for failure? youre straight up dumb as they come.. our opinions are to save the guy money, your logic is to let the guy waste his money.. you sir, fail :sleep2:

oh and btw, forums are full of opinions, get your head out of your ass and realize that allmighty smart one

yeah i can get a v8 mustang for 2500.

for one i see v8 mustangs all day and im gonna have to say GAY as the day is LONG. i am very handy with a welder and currently have no girlfriend so its game on for projects. plus would you not be amazed to see a civic busting out a rear wheel drive burn outs, drifting around and what not, a thousand times cooler then any mustang. but yeah im thinking mid engine rwd now but ya know i change my mind a lot so we'll see what happens.

not your money not your car? so you just want to set people up for failure? youre straight up dumb as they come.. our opinions are to save the guy money, your logic is to let the guy waste his money.. you sir, fail :sleep2:

oh and btw, forums are full of opinions, get your head out of your ass and realize that allmighty smart one

Failure? Only failure here is you ability to comprehend the fact that the TS seems to have more imagination (and probably a hell of a lot more talent) when it comes to his car than you do. Fact is that he wouldn't be the first person to do such work. Fact is that modifying a car is not any kind of venture to be concerned over saving some money. Fact is you are the one with his head in his ass and you getting more butthurt is just going to make this thread all the more interesting. TS wants to make his car RWD, cool, just means he can accept a challenge. At least it'd be something interesting rather than the hack-job, run-of-the-mill cars someone like you would create.

I'm going to turn my Civic into the batmobile and its going to have a batcycle built in, and it will be able to flip over and drive on the ceiling and shoot missiles, and it will have a self-destruct mechanism too because money isnt a concern and I can just make another one out of a Camry next time.

for one i see v8 mustangs all day and im gonna have to say GAY as the day is LONG. i am very handy with a welder and currently have no girlfriend so its game on for projects. plus would you not be amazed to see a civic busting out a rear wheel drive burn outs, drifting around and what not, a thousand times cooler then any mustang. but yeah im thinking mid engine rwd now but ya know i change my mind a lot so we'll see what happens.

hope you got lots of money or plan on taking a few years on this project

good luck getting a car with that short of a wheel base to drift better than a different rwd ie, is300, supra, skyline gtst, etc

Failure? Only failure here is you ability to comprehend the fact that the TS seems to have more imagination (and probably a hell of a lot more talent) when it comes to his car than you do. Fact is that he wouldn't be the first person to do such work. Fact is that modifying a car is not any kind of venture to be concerned over saving some money. Fact is you are the one with his head in his ass and you getting more butthurt is just going to make this thread all the more interesting. TS wants to make his car RWD, cool, just means he can accept a challenge. At least it'd be something interesting rather than the hack-job, run-of-the-mill cars someone like you would create.

you sir are stuck in the world of dumbassery :sleep2:

do us all a favor and just dont post in here, you make yourself look completely stupid :thumbsup:

I'm going to turn my Civic into the batmobile and its going to have a batcycle built in, and it will be able to flip over and drive on the ceiling and shoot missiles, and it will have a self-destruct mechanism too because money isnt a concern and I can just make another one out of a Camry next time.

+1

i think ill make my del sol into a jetcar, the impala into a monster truck, and the bmw into a space shuttle :)

something about a pot and a black kettle.

there is a video on youtube about an EE hatch with a turbo z6 and an awd system from a crv or something like that. i've also seen people put the whole front drivetrain and put it in the back. it's possible, it's been done, but you have to fab everything yourself, and i think that would be easier to accomplish than swapping the motor, trans, driveshaft, diff, axles, etc. from a junked s2000 (would prolly cost more than a k20 from a junker) and make that fit.

and generally with something like this, if you have to ask, you have a looong way to go

something about a pot and a black kettle.

there is a video on youtube about an EE hatch with a turbo z6 and an awd system from a crv or something like that. i've also seen people put the whole front drivetrain and put it in the back. it's possible, it's been done, but you have to fab everything yourself, and i think that would be easier to accomplish than swapping the motor, trans, driveshaft, diff, axles, etc. from a junked s2000 (would prolly cost more than a k20 from a junker) and make that fit.

and generally with something like this, if you have to ask, you have a looong way to go

that ef wouldnt have a z6.. as far as i know crv's didnt come with sohc engines.. so the trany wouldnt bolt up.. but a ef with a b20b and crv tranny would be possible..

and if this is what youre going to do (OP) then i hope you have some really good fab skills because youll have to pretty much cut the car in half, make room for the driveshaft, and put a CRV rear axle on it as well.. after you get all that done you should have spent close to what it would have cost you to do a K20A (CTR) swap and yet youll still be slower and also have the risk of cracking your block seeing that B20's have weak walls.. but whatever its your money to blow.. we're just putting opinions out there to save you money man..

we were both wrong. the car i was speaking of is the epic tuning awd hatch, with a wagovan awd system. i don't know enough about them but i'd assume that since they were of the same year the swap would be much simpler than anything else we've mentioned. they said they mated the awd tranny to the z6 so that the rest of the system would bolt up.

maybe if you weren't such a douchebag you could do that stuff with much less sarcasm, and more practicality, and who wants a camry anyway. its not about time and money its about what you want to do. i don't want another honda with a motorswap i want something few people have seen before. i know this car isn't gonna be a big drift car, im sure its gonna push really bad around corners. but i just want to do it anyway. dumbassery (great word who ever threw that out thre) maybe, but hey i'll be happy when im done, and thats what counts.

i joined this forum to try to learn stuff about hondas and what not but its been more fun just bickering with stupid people. i know that comment will get me all kinds of great replys and this will probably turn into a big prick waveing contest but oh its all in good fun, and i hope everyone takes it that way. if not your a douchebag!

its not about time and money its about what you want to do.

i don't want another honda with a motorswap i want something few people have seen before.

thats just a dumb statement.. without time and money its just a dream and dreams dont take you far without the right time and money

good luck on having something few people have seen on a honda :thumbsup:

youre pretty much saying you want all show no go.. but hey its your money/dream do what you do man

maybe if you weren't such a douchebag you could do that stuff with much less sarcasm, and more practicality, and who wants a camry anyway. its not about time and money its about what you want to do. i don't want another honda with a motorswap i want something few people have seen before. i know this car isn't gonna be a big drift car, im sure its gonna push really bad around corners. but i just want to do it anyway. dumbassery (great word who ever threw that out thre) maybe, but hey i'll be happy when im done, and thats what counts.

i joined this forum to try to learn stuff about hondas and what not but its been more fun just bickering with stupid people. i know that comment will get me all kinds of great replys and this will probably turn into a big prick waveing contest but oh its all in good fun, and i hope everyone takes it that way. if not your a douchebag!

i don't get it. a nub comes in here asking a question that everyone else says DUH to. then they get butthurt call us douchebags.

you want an honest answer, you are going to get a car that is going to cost lots of money, require lots of work, and be slower and handle worse than anything like it, such as an mr2 or wrx, but hey, you'll think your cool because no one else wasted their money on the conversion, you're so unique

Archived