high pitched whining after vtec is engaged

When I wind my car up into that range my transmission whines at me. Mine is very distinctive and I can even feel it up through the pedals.

You need to give us more to go on. Where does it sound like it is coming from? What conditions is it occurring: are you thrashing it, winding it out slowly, is it happening at other times just more faintly...

When I wind my car up into that range my transmission whines at me. Mine is very distinctive and I can even feel it up through the pedals.

You need to give us more to go on. Where does it sound like it is coming from? What conditions is it occurring: are you thrashing it, winding it out slowly, is it happening at other times just more faintly...

its hard to tell where it sounds like its coming from, ill listen to it tomorrow when in drive to work. it occours anytime i go past ~4200prm, whether it be in a slow or fast manner. its not screeching loud, just like a faint whine...almost likea supercharger when first getting into boost.

Try it from a complete stop and out of gear. See if you hear it. Get someone else to gas it for you while you put your head under the hood and see if you can find the locale.

Try it from a complete stop and out of gear. See if you hear it. Get someone else to gas it for you while you put your head under the hood and see if you can find the locale.

ill give it a try tomorrow, and see what i can find out. thanks -dave

-if i can find my camera ill record a video :D lol...but im going to sleep now zzzzzzz

ok guys heres an update, ive noticed that the whine is coming mainly from underneath the car, and a little from what seems like the head. 9/10 it does it when its cooler outside, did it a little today but after it warmed up it was fine....

ok guys heres an update, ive noticed that the whine is coming mainly from underneath the car, and a little from what seems like the head. 9/10 it does it when its cooler outside, did it a little today but after it warmed up it was fine....

so was no one going to point out that it isnt after vtec is engaged if it only does it when its cold.. cause vtec doesnt engage unless its warmed up

and i dont think your vtec engages at 4200 rpms either unless youve messed with something

but anyway i guess you have your anwser so i hope its just the fluid low

so was no one going to point out that it isnt after vtec is engaged if it only does it when its cold.. cause vtec doesnt engage unless its warmed up

and i dont think your vtec engages at 4200 rpms either unless youve messed with something

but anyway i guess you have your anwser so i hope its just the fluid low

well i didnt get the chance to check my fluid level, couldnt find a flat spot near campus :(. my vtec switchover is 4800 rpm, the sound comes both when the motor is cold, and when vtec engages, so im clueless, im gonna check the fluid level in the morning, i dont have anywhere to be. ive always had people tell me that vtec engages no matter if its cold or hot, ive never really looked into it. yeah im hoping its just low fluid too...i dont wanna be messin with a motor right now...

does the sound suddenly kick in at 4200rpm or is that just when it gets loud enough for you to hear it. my alternator is going bad and it makes a high pitched sound like that when i get into the high rpm, doesn't matter if its warm or cold, gets prograssively louder and higher pitched as rpms increase.

does the sound suddenly kick in at 4200rpm or is that just when it gets loud enough for you to hear it. my alternator is going bad and it makes a high pitched sound like that when i get into the high rpm, doesn't matter if its warm or cold, gets prograssively louder and higher pitched as rpms increase.

fkin exactly!!! thats what it does, ah shat i hope its not the starter...ill have it tested asap, last time a starter went bad....i was stuck 90miles from home...its around 4200-4800 rpm, i try to pay more attention to the road than the tach lol

Do you know how to check the fluid? Not trying to be an ass or anything. You unscrew the side filler cap and stick you finger in. You should immediately touch fluid just below the level of the opening.

Do you know how to check the fluid? Not trying to be an ass or anything. You unscrew the side filler cap and stick you finger in. You should immediately touch fluid just below the level of the opening.

nah its ok, i know how to, i just am having trouble in finding a spot that is level enough haha

ok guys i have an update, the car is not low on fluids, it will need an oil change soon. ive noticed the whine starts at 3000 rpm, it becomes progressive with higher rpms. gonna do an oil change in the next couple days, ill post back and let you know

ive always had people tell me that vtec engages no matter if its cold or hot, ive never really looked into it.

they sir are wrong.. some of the newer hondas switch over cold or hot but the older ones do not

you know i was driving to school tuesday and when i went over bridges i was hearing a whine sound bounce back at me.. my alternator died on the way home lol

try gettin a video for us

they sir are wrong.. some of the newer hondas switch over cold or hot but the older ones do not

you know i was driving to school tuesday and when i went over bridges i was hearing a whine sound bounce back at me.. my alternator died on the way home lol

try gettin a video for us

ouch lol.

o and staninator- i honestly do not know, ill ask the previous owner(my cousin) knowing him its never been changed. i well ill let you know when i find out

Archived