high pitched whining after vtec is engaged

Why so anguished? Mine makes that high pitched sound for the last 5k miles and no problems. Just to be on the safe side I bought a spare trans. It was a whopping $200 for a 6 month old rebuild from a local kid that blew the bottom end out of his car and sold me the trans when he installed his swap.

Transmissions for civics are buttfuking cheap.

Why so anguished? Mine makes that high pitched sound for the last 5k miles and no problems. Just to be on the safe side I bought a spare trans. It was a whopping $200 for a 6 month old rebuild from a local kid that blew the bottom end out of his car and sold me the trans when he installed his swap.

Transmissions for civics are buttfuking cheap.

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking, im looking on craigs list right now. but since we have a truck i can drive i will just drive it till it breaks, then replace everything or part it out

fawkin hell. well we changed the oil today in the engine and tranny, pretty much stopped the whining. the engine oil was a little blacker than it should ahve been. but upon getting under the car i discovered some wetness.....my rear main is going bad. son of a b!itch!?!?!?!?!?!

oo and my clutch slipped today...

this is a never ending cycle. if its not one thing its another...

$5 says that the head blows off withing the next 4 months :D

fawkin hell. well we changed the oil today in the engine and tranny, pretty much stopped the whining. the engine oil was a little blacker than it should ahve been. but upon getting under the car i discovered some wetness.....my rear main is going bad. son of a b!itch!?!?!?!?!?!

oo and my clutch slipped today...

this is a never ending cycle. if its not one thing its another...

$5 says that the head blows off withing the next 4 months :D

Probably because of the oil leaking out of the rear main. I wouldn't change the clutch until you replace the rear main.

Probably because of the oil leaking out of the rear main. I wouldn't change the clutch until you replace the rear main.

well my dad and i discussed it for 4 hours last night....were gonna let it die then yank the motor, drop a swap in. but were going all out.....were going K series :D

Archived