Threw some new rims on the rsx

alex37211

EP3 civic si wheels. They're a little dirty still.

I got them on a trade. They had good tires, so I said what the heck.

I STILL haven't put that darn front lip on. lol it's been sitting in the garage for weeks!

th_IMG_0365.jpg

th_IMG_0364.jpg

th_IMG_0366.jpg

I think those look horrible on there. You didn't seriously take off the stock 5 star RSX wheels for those did you?

Yeah, I did. I like them. But the main reason is that they had good tires and my old ones were noisy. I think they were cupping from flat-spots. And before you start, I know I could just have the tires put on, heck I could do it myself. I have access to a tire machine.

The fact of the matter is that I'm too lazy for all that. I put the car up on a lift at work, ripped off the lugs with an impact gun and I was done in like 20 minutes.

I think these would look good painted white or gloss black on my car. I like the way that every other spoke is like bulging out. It gives them texture.

I don't mind the RSX star shaped rims but at the same time, I've never been a fan of asymmetrical rims (blade styles). They look good on one side of the car (like they're spinning forward) but then they look backwards on the other side.

Maybe it's just me.

Yeah, I did. I like them. But the main reason is that they had good tires and my old ones were noisy. I think they were cupping from flat-spots. And before you start, I know I could just have the tires put on, heck I could do it myself. I have access to a tire machine.

The fact of the matter is that I'm too lazy for all that. I put the car up on a lift at work, ripped off the lugs with an impact gun and I was done in like 20 minutes.

I think these would look good painted white or gloss black on my car. I like the way that every other spoke is like bulging out. It gives them texture.

I don't mind the RSX star shaped rims but at the same time, I've never been a fan of asymmetrical rims (blade styles). They look good on one side of the car (like they're spinning forward) but then they look backwards on the other side.

Maybe it's just me.

:thumbsup: I wasn't saying you should change them, just that I really don't like em personally. If you do then that's cool. I completely understand the new tires thingy.... I'm the person who was looking to trade my Drag DR-16's with camber weared tires for some HX's with new tires.....I completely understand.

i think they would look better if they were bigger or your car was lower

yeah, if I were planning to keep that car, the first thing I would do is throw on some K-sport coilovers. Then tint the windows. Then i/h/e and Hondata re-flash. But I want to leave it stock (unmolested) to give the illusion that it never gets driven hard or raced.

I've still got some of that taffeta white paint left. And some clear. I may just have these painted to match. Then I'll fine-brush the little Acura emblems red. :thumbsup:

i have not a damn clue whats wrong with my internet or HF but its not loading avitars, sigs, or pictures :rant:

It's on your end, dude. HF has been running normal for me all morning.

okay i see the pictures now... they definately dont look as good as the stock RSX's you had before but its different.. they might look better in a different color though

• 5 weeks later...

heyyy those were forsale on tennspeed :laugh:

they look ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT better than the previous wheels :p

are you still selling the RSX?

if not you needs a drop :thumbsup:

I know it need a drop. Trust me. If i were keeping it, the very next thing I bout would be some k-sport coilovers.

But I am selling it.

Those look good. How come you're selling?

For the money, I could have something way more fun. Plus, honestly, I think it looks a little bit feminine. Kinda the way a celica does, but not nearly that bad. lol

It's fun to drive, and it's really comf, but I've got my mind on rwd.

i have the opportunity to get a celica gt-s... i'm not going to lie i kind of really like the car. it's really fun to drive, and it revs for days. the RSX type-s used to be my dream car back in junior high though, they always appealed to me. a friend of mine has a type-s with the same front lip, but some 18 inch rims and a drop, the car looks damn sexy.

Archived