well ive finally given up on my f*cking xbox its been acting weird the past few days and ive had to constantly rip it apart and f*ck with it... it finally died today while i was playing dead space.. the disc tray went stupid and wont read ANYTHING anymore..

and yes i tried to put a new one in, still didnt work.. so today im taking out my hard drive and my black elite shell and im slamming it against a concrete t-wall.. i knew there was a reason i didnt want to buy some homo ass microsoft POS gaming system.. oh and EVERYONES PS3's that they brought here from germany are still working but everyones xboxs are dieing.. XBOX IS SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Um pretty much when an xbox breaks it gets the rings of death. U send it in and they give u a new one or fix it. Im thinkin that germany is still probably selling some of the recalled systems, which is possible if u live on a base. But i woudnt break it send it in and get urself a free one.

Sadly, with owning a 360 it's a part of the territory. In the past three years or so I've had to use microsoft's replacement plan five times and have had friends replace theirs 7-10 times.

It takes a couple of weeks for the entire process but it's worth it if you're still under warranty.

After my third xbox I started getting free stuff with my replacements because I told them this was my 3rd, 4th, 5th, replacement, etc. actually turned out to be quite profitable for me and while my xbox was getting fixed I just played my trusty PS3 :thumbsup:

I've only had to replace my first xbox that got the RROD, just walked into best buy with it and walked out with a brand new one (with HDMI that my old one didn't have) in 10 minutes. Replacement plan FTW!

And this one has been problem free for a year now, it's loud as crap though.

not a day goes by that i regret buying a PS3 over a 360. Theres a few things that encouraged me to get the ps3 over the xbox (mainly MGS, KZ2, God Of War, GT etc. . .) but the failbox having a 33% fail rate was the biggest deciding factor.

well the ps3 hasnt had as many problems as the 360 has but since microsoft made that huge recall there hasnt really been alot of problems with the 360. but i just like ps3 more because ive always played playstation.

It's funny because I have a 360 from the first 6 months of original release, and never got RROD, and I just finally sent it in to fix the disc tray (still under warranty after 3 years).

And a girl at work today told me her PS3 won't work at all after 1 year and she has to send it in.

Um pretty much when an xbox breaks it gets the rings of death. U send it in and they give u a new one or fix it. Im thinkin that germany is still probably selling some of the recalled systems, which is possible if u live on a base. But i woudnt break it send it in and get urself a free one.

i get no RROD's or am i in germany.. im in iraq

but anyways, im smashing this POS soon, ill take pics and post it, i wish they would let me shoot it with my M4 :devil:

and my PS3 ive had longer than my 360 and my parents play my PS3 all the time and its still running like new, and i got it when it first released. i have the black with chrome trim model.

PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 360

Year and a half here, and I think it's locked up on me once. No RRODs or anything else. Seriously, I know you're a hothead, and refuse to listen to advice. Contact Microsoft, get it fixed or replaced as long as it's not more than 3 years old.

Year and a half here, and I think it's locked up on me once. No RRODs or anything else. Seriously, I know you're a hothead, and refuse to listen to advice. Contact Microsoft, get it fixed or replaced as long as it's not more than 3 years old.

maybe if you would read more into my OP you would notice that i stated that i have had to rip it apart countless times to fix it and get it to work but only for a short amount of time.. which in turn has voided my warranty, so in that case microsoft would give two craps about my xbox and i would just end up wasting money on shipping the xbox to them.. having to buy a new one like i would have done if i just smashed the first one in the first place..

anything else? omg

maybe if you would read more into my OP you would notice that i stated that i have had to rip it apart countless times to fix it and get it to work but only for a short amount of time.. which in turn has voided my warranty, so in that case microsoft would give two craps about my xbox and i would just end up wasting money on shipping the xbox to them.. having to buy a new one like i would have done if i just smashed the first one in the first place..

anything else? omg

Then it's your own fault you voided your warranty. Have fun destroying it.

yeah it might be my own fault that i voided my warranty but if you were out here you might see how hard it is to send stuff to the states and have it sent back. i would have actually had to have sent it to my mom then she send it to them then it be sent the same way back.. and it takes anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks just to have stuff sent here from home.. so i would have been without a game system for at least 6 weeks.. no thanks

yeah it might be my own fault that i voided my warranty but if you were out here you might see how hard it is to send stuff to the states and have it sent back. i would have actually had to have sent it to my mom then she send it to them then it be sent the same way back.. and it takes anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks just to have stuff sent here from home.. so i would have been without a game system for at least 6 weeks.. no thanks

Better than having to buy a new one, and still being out a system for 6+ weeks.

Send me your broken one. I will go through the process with microsh*t to get it fixed if possible. If not, i will hold on to it, and we can head to the range one day once you get stateside and put some rounds through it.

Send me your broken one. I will go through the process with microsh*t to get it fixed if possible. If not, i will hold on to it, and we can head to the range one day once you get stateside and put some rounds through it.

that sounds alot better, i could take the 45 and if i get the DE by then take that as well :devil:

Archived