My new BB6

shak3yb0n3z

So I sold my hatch.

I bought it for 2k, it got hit parked in front of my house, i get $1450 bucks from insurance, throw about $400 at it and turn around and sell it for $2500.

Time for something new!!! I picked up a 1998 Honda Prelude SH for $3500 with a 150k. I have to de-nub the car but she has great potential!

Here's a link to my BB6 Album: Clicky here

Prelude3.jpg

I also picked up some JDM Type S seats for it too. These seats are seriously sexy and super comfy!

100_1121.jpg

I'll be working on this while I'm tackling the Del Sol. For the most part this is my fiance's project and I'm just the muscle. This is going to be our JDM whip! All motor with a goal of 220-240whp. This car will most definitely be autocrossed this year! :p

lame VTEC badges on fenders and on trunk will come off. the car will be rebadged with probably blue emblems and i'm getting rid of them ugly ass wheels.

as for everything else red on the car, it's getting replaced, interior red is being replaced with CF pieces and the VC is being replaced with a blue one, as well as taking all the Egay crap off it too

not bad, had to de-rice mine a bit when i picked it up too lol, poor preludes. hopefully you don't have to deal much with the ATTS troubles. i've seen the oem cf trim pieces on ebay, plan on picking those up eventually as well.

if you decide to grab the honeycomb grille for the front, go through majestic unless you manage to find someone selling one cheap. everyone seems to want $100+ for their used ones, new is $91.xx :laugh:

not bad, had to de-rice mine a bit when i picked it up too lol, poor preludes. hopefully you don't have to deal much with the ATTS troubles. i've seen the oem cf trim pieces on ebay, plan on picking those up eventually as well.

if you decide to grab the honeycomb grille for the front, go through majestic unless you manage to find someone selling one cheap. everyone seems to want $100+ for their used ones, new is $91.xx :laugh:

awesome that's good to know. from all the research i've done on the SH, it was mainly the 97's giving the problems and the recall's supposidly fixed them. I'll enjoy it for as long as I can, and when it comes time to replace it, i'm just going to remove it.

the ATTS forces me to go all motor with this one anyways cuz the ATTS can only support somewhere around 220-250whp. which should be plenty for this car.... for now :p

i picked up the CF trim pieces i just haven't put them on yet. I also did some research and I might do some CF overlay myself on the pieces they don't offer.

we'll see. i wanna try it first. if i f*ck it up too bad then i'll outsource it, however from what i've read it don't look too hard and i prefer to do as much work on my cars myself. makes me feel good :p

yeah, it seems a lot of people just remove the ATTS after a while, from what i've seen on PO and PZ (although i don't really go on them, just check the classifieds from time to time).

i just finally ordered my honeycomb grille last week, got it in at the end of last week but haven't had a chance to replace it yet. couldn't believe the prices people were selling some of them for... although some go for $50, but they're gone immediately. don't know if you have plans to replace it regardless. they swapped my 00 grille out for a 97-98 then painted it CBM to match the car, then slapped some mesh over top of it lol. took the mesh off the first day but i can't stand the 97-98.

yeah, it seems a lot of people just remove the ATTS after a while, from what i've seen on PO and PZ (although i don't really go on them, just check the classifieds from time to time).

i just finally ordered my honeycomb grille last week, got it in at the end of last week but haven't had a chance to replace it yet. couldn't believe the prices people were selling some of them for... although some go for $50, but they're gone immediately. don't know if you have plans to replace it regardless. they swapped my 00 grille out for a 97-98 then painted it CBM to match the car, then slapped some mesh over top of it lol. took the mesh off the first day but i can't stand the 97-98.

I'll hold on to the ATTS for as long as it lasts. I definitely have plans to get the honeycomb grill along with the ATTS emblem too. post a pic of when you get it on your whip.

My new lights came in! they go on friday!!!!

lightsprelude.jpg

I'll hold on to the ATTS for as long as it lasts. I definitely have plans to get the honeycomb grill along with the ATTS emblem too. post a pic of when you get it on your whip.

Check eBay for just the emblem. I know they sell it with the honeycomb grille on there for like $300 lol. I didn't get my Prelude badge for it yet, I think it was another $30 or something and figured I could spend the cash on something better than an emblem for right now.

i'll buy them separately and save some cash.

it's definitely hard to decide what to buy first. with the lude, i'm concentrating the interior first, along with de-ricing it, maintainence and crap first. the lude should be repainted by october if things go according to plan.

the del sol gets pulled apart this weekend and hopefully should be done by june 1st. :p

i'll buy them separately and save some cash.

it's definitely hard to decide what to buy first. with the lude, i'm concentrating the interior first, along with de-ricing it, maintainence and crap first. the lude should be repainted by october if things go according to plan.

the del sol gets pulled apart this weekend and hopefully should be done by june 1st. :p

i de-riced mine, have to have the tint gone though sometime in the spring, and have just been doing maintenance here and there, everything else has to wait lol. my sol won't have anything else touched until spring or summer lol, and i have to decide to keep or sell :laugh:

Sneak peak at the bb6.

sold the old wheels. I got some RSX wheels on the way and some new rubber to wrap around them.

215/50/16's

New headlights are in as well as the HIDs. so far i like!

CF trim is in and the de-ricing is almost complete. trying to get all the red crap off,

along with the lame VTEC badges on the fenders.

waiting on upper control arms, outter tie rods and the honeycomb grill. once i get that stuff

i can get it aligned and back on the road for a bit :D

looking to drive her by the middle of next week :p

sneakpeak.jpg

more **** came in the mail today!!! woot!!!

Wheels and tires! :p

Kumho Ecsta ASX 215/50/16's

the best tire i could find for under 100 bucks, that i could use in winter and summer. (these will wind up my winter tires eventually) i just had to get them nasty black wheels with mis-matched tires off my lude

wheels1.jpg

wheels2.jpg

tires.jpg

• 3 months later...

Dude thats a sick car. Nice nice job. I'm looking for a prelude cause i wanna start work on one but naturally nobody has one that doesn't have something wrong with it. D: Oh well, nice job man

Archived