HID Kit?

BrIaN EG2

while i was home a friend of mine has HIDs on his 08 Si, and i was thinking about getting a kit for the sol but how hard would it be to put in? and what brand should i get if i do choose to buy the kit? if i do end up buying a kit it will most likely be at the first of the month when i get paid, after i pay off my credit card >_<

i want to get the best and the brightest kit i can, so when people HB me and i have on my low beams they can be like OMFG WTF!!!! when i hit the HBs back at them ROFL!! :laugh:

THe higher the number, the less light output and the less bright it will be. So unline what most people think....the light output on a 10k HID kit will be much less than a 6k kit. A 4300 kit will actually be the brightest if that's what you want.

As far as looking the best, it will look like crap without a projector retrofit. THe infamous SolLesHonda had HID's in his stock housings with no projectors....he posted pictures of his beam on a wall and it was easily among the worst I've seen. Horrible light scatter and looked like utter crap. His was a Del Sol S too by the way.

cool thanks :p

do you know what brand kit is better than the other?

All I know is that Phillips is pretty much the best or among the best. They're the most expensive too though. Other option is to get OEM's off any car with the same fitting or a fitting you can modify to fit.

The bulbs i have in my sol are philips. They are teh bomb. Lol. HID kits are like taking over all of a sudden. >_> I'm using 8000K. They're a nice blue with a hint of purple.

The bulbs i have in my sol are philips. They are teh bomb. Lol. HID kits are like taking over all of a sudden. >_> I'm using 8000K. They're a nice blue with a hint of purple.

do you have pics? im kinda thinkin bout gettin a set as well

i saw a kit a while back that was 4k but i cant remember where i seen it at.. i want those so when people come at me theyll be like *flash flash* "turn off your highbeams" and i can go *BEAM!!!* "die dumbasss" :devil: lol hahahaha

i want the blue/purple (with a little bit of yellow) ones, like how the new nissans look :p

i think those are in the 4500k range. 5000k is supposed to be as close to natural sunlight as you can get. get some 3000k aux HID, you'll like those

i think those are in the 4500k range. 5000k is supposed to be as close to natural sunlight as you can get. get some 3000k aux HID, you'll like those

Only if you have EDM Aux lights. They're glass and use H4 bulbs, other than that, I doubt there's a replacement HID for 1156 Bulbs.

Only if you have EDM Aux lights. They're glass and use H4 bulbs, other than that, I doubt there's a replacement HID for 1156 Bulbs.

dont forget after i get back from iraq, im stationed in germany :p

i can get a set easily :devil:

wouldn't worry about teh glass since HID burn cooler than standard halogens but yeah i see the problem there :thumbsup:

wouldn't worry about teh glass since HID burn cooler than standard halogens but yeah i see the problem there :thumbsup:

Except the stockers aren't halogens (well not like headlights at least)....they're about the equivalent to the lights behind your dash. Even HID's would probably be too hot.

Except the stockers aren't halogens (well not like headlights at least)....they're about the equivalent to the lights behind your dash. Even HID's would probably be too hot.

lol wow didn't realize they were that small. so they are more like daytime running lights than true fog lights

well i talked to my friend with the white G35 last night on AIM and i didnt even know the mother effers job is to sells HID kits >_<

he told me to get a 12k kit (blue/purple color) and make sure that its 50watts.. he said the 50watt kit will blind the hell out of people... buuuahahahahahahahaahaha :devil:

Archived