HID Kit?

BrIaN EG2

well i talked to my friend with the white G35 last night on AIM and i didnt even know the mother effers job is to sells HID kits >_<

he told me to get a 12k kit (blue/purple color) and make sure that its 50watts.. he said the 50watt kit will blind the hell out of people... buuuahahahahahahahaahaha :devil:

purple is a horrible color for visibility, sure it may blind people, but it doesn't reflect off teh road worth crap. try driving around with a black light pointed at the road, no matter how bright it is, you wont be able to see any better than a white light.

he said the 12k is more blue than purple and the 14k is more purple than blue.. he also said 8k would look good.. but if i wanted really bright lights to get the 50watt kit.

he said the 12k is more blue than purple and the 14k is more purple than blue.. he also said 8k would look good.. but if i wanted really bright lights to get the 50watt kit.

You aren't getting the point it seems. The higher "k" you go, the less visibility you are going to have. I don't care if you have 150watt HID's.....a purplish color range from 12k or 14k is not going to have near the visibility (i.e. light up the road or seem bright) as a 4k or 6k kit. 4k is going to be the brightest period with 6k being not too far behind. 8k you are giong to notice some dropoff in visibility and 10k and above is going to start getting pretty bad. Anything above 6-8k will most likely have a lot less visibility than your stock lights. As said before.....lighting the road with a purple blacklight color isn't going to give good visibility....even if it's a 500 watt bulb....that color range doesn't reflect well off the surfaces you need to see.

Why on earth do you want purple anyway? Not to sound rude (even though this will)....but your a dude right...not a chick? Cause purple is kind of a girl color last I knew.

i understand the higher you go in K the lower the visibility... not that hard to understand.. i was just stating something my friend had said, no need to shoot the messanger.. and like i said i want something blue/purple with a hint of yellow.. who cares if purple is a "girl" color doesnt mean i cant have purpleish blue headlights...

i mean ive seen a EF hatch just like yours that had pink headlights while i was home and yea it was a guys car

5000k is the whitest, purest light you will find. I had 6500K and they were pretty bright, with a hint of blue. They would've been better if I had better housings, and upgraded wiring. Go check any Kelvin color scale. Ok, I can't find any Kelvin scale higher than 10K

ill have to look at a kelvin scale because i want some that are blue with purple and a little yellow but everyone seems to think i want some freakin purple neon lights for headlights :crazy:

ill have to look at a kelvin scale because i want some that are blue with purple and a little yellow but everyone seems to think i want some freakin purple neon lights for headlights :crazy:

That's because you keep talking about 10k-14k which is gonna be "freakin purple neon lights for headlights".

and like i said nate i was simply stating what my friend said.. no need to shoot the messanger

sorry i misinterpreted what you were saying. i think in order to get all those colors you are gonna have to go with something in the middle range such as 4000k-6000k. 5000k is supposed to be "mid day sunlight" and is what i think my aunt had on here s2000, and the beam pattern was very white at the center and top of the beam, but broke up into yellow then an aqua blue around the bottom and side edges. i don't think yours will look like that though because i'm pretty sure the focusing lens on the s2000 acted as a prism and caused this color separation. i seriously think if you want the yellow and blue you should go with a 6000k driving light, and then try to get a hold of some 3000k fog lights.

sorry i misinterpreted what you were saying. i think in order to get all those colors you are gonna have to go with something in the middle range such as 4000k-6000k. 5000k is supposed to be "mid day sunlight" and is what i think my aunt had on here s2000, and the beam pattern was very white at the center and top of the beam, but broke up into yellow then an aqua blue around the bottom and side edges. i don't think yours will look like that though because i'm pretty sure the focusing lens on the s2000 acted as a prism and caused this color separation. i seriously think if you want the yellow and blue you should go with a 6000k driving light, and then try to get a hold of some 3000k fog lights.

im still debating on what i really want, i like the blue hid look with yellow fogs or in my case yellow aux lights

Sorry man...not meaning to take it out on you....I was just explaining why you got some of the comments you got.

its cool buddy :p

Archived